NIGHTWISH SURVIVOR 2015: Results -> Ghost Love Score wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Aha OK. I didn't try yet but I counted 15 songs that are left.

So, usually: half or half rounded off downwards.

Amidst all my complaining, I must say I am happy with what happened in the last round. My favourite Oceanborn songs are still left. And Astral Romance survived. :)

Last edited:
SURVIVOR_RULES_017.jpg

Eliminated:
Away - 6 votes
Crownless - 5 votes
The Kinslayer - 4 votes
Bare Grace Misery - 4 votes

Century Child joins the game!
Lagoon and The Wayfarer are bonus songs.

Just gonna stick my votes on Gethsemane and Moondance for now, to get the ball rolling for Oceanborn.

1 vote for Moondance would be enough. No less than three songs can advance per album.
I really don't get why some think Moondance would be more enjoyable than Gethsemane. It's nothing more than a happy instrumental with almost constantly the same theme. Gethsemane has so much more. E.g. this change (and the preceding riff!) is awesome: click
And this one with the solo.

I really like (or should I say love? :innocent:) Tarja a lot, specifically on this album. As if she went into the unknown, exploring herself a bit more.
We get less operatic singing, and from time to time she sounds vulnarable/fragile (I mean that positive). She's more up close, I am not sure how to explain it better. It also has to do with the construction of he music, with guitar and bassless intervals leaving vocals (and drums) more in the spotlights. You can e.g. hear that in Ever Dream, End of All Hope and Slaying the Dreamer.

Her singing in Oceansoul is really beautiful. It is the kind Floor is a less good in. Long notes, but not loud. Just... beautiful. Magnetic chorus.

Bless the Child is the gigantic opener, but over the years I have found the couplets and choruses a bit more boring. I miss some spark, some energy.
Even though the bridge, later on, is fantastic, as a whole song I now prefer others.

Forever Yours is probably the weakest song, very Celine Dionish (My Heart Will Go On).

Last edited:
Passion & the Moondance
Come Cover Wanderlust
10th Man
Forever Yours
Feel For You
Lagoon

I really like (or should I say love? :innocent:) Tarja a lot, specifically on this album. As if she went into the unknown, exploring herself a bit more.
We get less operatic singing, and from time to time she sounds vulnarable/fragile (I mean that positive). She's more up close, I am not sure how to explain it better. You can e.g. hear that in Ever Dream, End of All Hope and Slaying the Dreamer.

Exactly! This is the first album where Tarja actually emotes and doesn't just sing the notes.

Forever Yours is probably the weakest song, very Celine Dionish (My Heart Will Go On).

Yep, it's the only actually weak song on the album, IMO.

Gethsemane to promote other 3 from that album.
Same with Come Cover Me and FantasMic, and 10th Man Down.
Slaying The Dreamer because of shameless Wake Up Dead ripoff, despite liking the song.
And Forever Yours, Ocean Soul, Feel For You and last two.

Come on guys....

Come Cover Me is awesome. That punchy bass pattern really does it. The keyboards are iconic. A top song with captivating atmosphere.

I guess you have to see this one live to really like it. I found it an unforgettable experience. Look at that crowd!

Hey I explained that first vote. Phantom is cool, and I have no problem if it survives. It's just less special than own composiions. We can make a deal in the next round, if certain songs are still left, by then. ;-)

Now play that vid I posted, and shame on you.

Video wasn't there when I checked the thread last time :p And neither was the part about Bless The Child :p

Not sure what you checked but they were there before your "Says.." post. I see a edit history in my posts.

Oh, three go from either album? Gethsemane isn't that large of a loss to be honest, better songs like Sacrament and Sails To Orion are already gone.

Back