Next Iron Maiden Album?

I think Maiden will do, not only one, but a few more albums and tours. From the TBOS tour videos I've seen so far, the band is full of energy. I don't think they will stop anytime soon.

From a Steve interview in Chile:

"I believe there's many songs to come, so we'll do more albums while we can."

"With the recent deaths, it's even more important to go out and play as many shows as we can."

Full interview (in spanish): http://www.latercera.com/noticia/en...-la-musica-se-hace-mas-importante-hacer.shtml

He also said he will tour with British Lion sometime in the end of this year....

Part of me thinks the next leg of the TBOS tour might double as a history tour, maybe a 90s focused thing or something since they said they won't do any more history tours. That way there won't be another tour after this and they can get back in the studio earlier. I doubt we'll have to wait any longer than 3 years for another album. Not only are they not getting any younger, but I feel like the TBOS sessions have really reinvigorated them, I noticed huge differences in the tone for promoting this album compared to TFF. Not to say they were phoning it in there, but there seems to be even more confidence in the new material this time around.

Part of me thinks the next leg of the TBOS tour might double as a history tour, maybe a 90s focused thing or something since they said they won't do any more history tours. That way there won't be another tour after this and they can get back in the studio earlier. I doubt we'll have to wait any longer than 3 years for another album. Not only are they not getting any younger, but I feel like the TBOS sessions have really reinvigorated them, I noticed huge differences in the tone for promoting this album compared to TFF. Not to say they were phoning it in there, but there seems to be even more confidence in the new material this time around.
That is very possible about more 90's stuff at some point. They did sneak Afraid To Shoot Strangers in on the ME tour so they seem to have some interest in playing that stuff. And we would have had to wait only 4 years for TBOS if it hadn't been for Bruce's cancer scare so I definitely think that will be the very most for the next album. Hopefully Bruce keeps going on his solo album and that comes out within a year or 2 as well.

If Eternity Should Fail
Speed of Light
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
The Trooper
The Red and the Black
Tailgunner
The Clansman
The Book of Souls
Tears of a Clown
Hallowed be Thy Name
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
------------------------------------
The Number of the Beast
Wasting Love
Bring Your Daughter...to the Slaughter

Of course it's completely open to choice on which songs they would dump on this supposed 90s leg. I'm taking off the 80s surprises (Powerslave and CotD), Blood Brothers, Death or Glory (the weakest of the new album live songs...i think, I haven't saw it live, though) and Wasted Years.

I would love to hear some Blaze gems that Bruce already played live (Sign, Man on the Edge and LotF), but I don't see this happening on an improvised tour like this.
Unless they dump The Book of Souls or The Red and The Black, which I don't believe at all

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think the next tour probably will go along with the soundtrack of the video game, which I am guessing will encompass the entire catalog .. 80s, some 90s, and post reunion. I just hope they do not do 3 years of it like ME (which was an awesome tour, but hopping off a year would have been good)

If I were to guess I would say 2017 will be like the 2007 shows after AMOLAD , a new set with not as many from BOS, And more likely to be a brief tour of Europe / UK a few more in the USA and a brief tour of some South American places.

2018 will be there quiet year where they start talking about new material , and even start the recording process for a new album tour come early 2019.

Depending the time they have you may see a give me ed till im dead style tour like in 03 which went right into the dod tour .

The situation with AMoLaD tour was different, though. The second leg still featured a pretty standard number of new tracks for album tours. I don't think TBoS tracks will be dropped.

Guys....remember which thread this is. If you go into setlist details, they need spoiler tags.

I ain't joking. Do you see any hint of a UK tour? I don't. We've heard absolutely nothing official to suggest any UK dates.
Steve did mention in an interview that they would play most places in the UK.

Another hint is that they are doing 73(?) gigs according to Bruce. He said three down, 70 to go in Las Vegas. With the Bucharest date it adds up to 71. So two gigs that they couldn't put on the shirts and in the tour magazine. Two dates at the o2 in London after Wacken perhaps?

Aye, I know all this. I'm just saying, I'm going to be phenomenally disappointed if one or two London gigs is Maiden's big "see, we didn't forget the you guys in the UK!" claim. I don't think it is, as Maiden haven't in recent memory not toured the UK on an album tour. I just pray this continues to be the case...

Steve did mention in an interview that they would play most places in the UK.

Another hint is that they are doing 73(?) gigs according to Bruce. He said three down, 70 to go in Las Vegas. With the Bucharest date it adds up to 71. So two gigs that they couldn't put on the shirts and in the tour magazine. Two dates at the o2 in London after Wacken perhaps?

Bucharest date? When, where, how,why?

Back