New Single - The Writing on the Wall

St. Anger (worst metal album ever given the source imho)
I know I am very late, but can I just say, that I enjoy rocking out to St. Anger, my fave Metallica album, even though I would not call myself a huge Metallica fan. The pure energy, the raw agressivity, the "not giving a fuck" approach (even trash can drums) makes it somehow very attractive to me.

I know I am very late, but can I just say, that I enjoy rocking out to St. Anger, my fave Metallica album, even though I would not call myself a huge Metallica fan. The pure energy, the raw agressivity, the "not giving a fuck" approach (even trash can drums) makes it somehow very attractive to me.

It shows, if that is your favourite Metallica album!

Excellent riffs, dubious arrangements, sound and vibe. Not nearly Metallica's best, but due to it being all out metal, a hair better than anything they produced in the 1990s.

It may not be that good as an album, especially by the standards of their first 4 albums but it's an important one. I liked it more after I heard the Guitar Hero version. The worst album I own has to be no prayer for the dying; lifeless, boring, simple

I think this is a fantastic song, I honestly see nothing to complain about here. Fantastic main riff, had me since it kicked in after the acoustic intro. Groovy and melodic at the same time, with a nice folk-ish vibe. It's also incredibly catchy. Nice and tidy composition, great arrangement, top-class solo by Adrian. And that mid-solo interlude -my favourite part! No complaints when it comes to production too. Sounds pleasant, no harshness. Great stuff.

Hands down the best and most interesting single since Benjamin Breeg. I'd say it's waaay more wholesome than El Dorado and Speed of Light. I was a bit anxious, because I'm not particularly happy with the songwriting on TBoS (10/10 title track, though), but now I'm excited.

Back