New Single - The Writing on the Wall

Can someone save the audio from this somewhere in case it gets taken down? I've got something cool I could do with it but I'm at work.
Instrumental version of TWOTW:

You can hear the guitar licks under the chorus better.

Edit: in the outro sounds like Janick is playing all the little melodies.

Instrumental version of TWOTW:

You can hear the guitar licks under the chorus better.

Edit: in the outro sounds like Janick is playing all the little melodies.
2 different guitarists for sure. Completely different sound. H plays a noiseless single coil with less drive and Jan plays his Strat with JB jnr's with more drive.

Completely different touch too. Also, it seems like H's licks are a lot more quiet on this version.

The song is stuck in my head for 6 days already.

Started as 6/10 because of the bad mixing of Bruce vocals on youtube, then 7/10 on spotify with decent mixing and now 8/10. Clearly a grower.

Great song.

It might have to do with my equipment but the mix is bad even in the spotify version. All their albums with Kevin seem to be off soundwise

I don't think Maiden benefit from the muddy sound they get from Kevin. I think they need the clean mix and bright sound of e.g FOTD

I don't think Maiden benefit from the muddy sound they get from Kevin. I think they need the clean mix and bright sound of e.g FOTD
Insert jokes here, but I’d be really interested to hear a Bob Rock or Andy Sneap produced Maiden album.

I never want to hear a Sneap Maiden record. The only producer aside from Shirley that might work is Steve Albini. He seems to be good at catching a live/dry sound.
The live/dry sound is exactly what I don’t want to hear from Maiden. Give me something closer to the SIT / SSOASS sound any day of the week.

Back