New Single - The Writing on the Wall

About the guitar solos, the first is good, but the second is fucking awesome.

Are both of them written by Adrian? A little bit different the same guitar player doing the two main guitar solos of a song, especially when you have 3 guitar players.

How have they still not replaced the audio on the video? Someone really effed up;.
I don't think you can do that on YouTube. Only option is to delete and reupload a fixed version. And with half a million views in 3 hours I doubt they're going to do that unfortunately.

About the guitar solos, the first is good, but the second is fucking awesome.

Are both of them written by Adrian? A little bit different the same guitar player doing the two main guitar solos of a song, especially when you have 3 guitar players.
My guess is Davey did the first one, but his tone sounds a lot different than the usual. And I agree, I remember an old thread here that was like "favorite Maiden solos that surpass a fantastic solo immeadiately prior to it" or something like that, and this 2nd one here easily falls into that category. Really great solo section.

@Forostar , what's your take on the solos?
Looks like this thread is divided:. 1/2 say Dave plays the 1st one & H the 2nd one while other 1/2 say H plays both (I think H plays both)

I rather liked it.

Kind of fell out of love with Maiden after really not like the Final Frontier that much. Book of Souls didn't do much to win me back despite the great title track and Eternity should fall.

I quite liked this new one though.

Reactions: Yax
Damn. 10 pages. I have listened the new song right now.
My first impression is that the main riff sounded me to American country style, Bruce voice is not clear and watching the video I have the impression that I'm watching something not related with the music. It's like when you mute your tv and listening another thing.
The chorus is fine, the drums and bass are not adventurous at all. When Adrian writes the music of one song you can't hear Janick or Dave it's like Adrian recorded all the guitars of his song. … The video is fine but the comic graphics are a bit lame.
It's a new song but not a single isn't it?
Steve hasn't played anything but root note since about 1990 so not sure what you were expecting

@Forostar , what's your take on the solos?
Looks like this thread is divided:. 1/2 say Dave plays the 1st one & H the 2nd one while other 1/2 say H plays both (I think H plays both)

I am not Forostar but would go with Davey playing the first solo (although the tone is slightly different to what you would expect) and Adrian playing the second one.

I have problem with vocal mix, but maybe its YouTube thing - but after BoS im afraid that vocals will be again 'muddy'. Song is different from what I've expected but in a good way. I love the melody!

Back