New Single - The Writing on the Wall

Like the song, the video is fine, the production is an absolute mess and the mastering is absolutely brickwalled, yet again. No way the DR on this album is any higher than a 9. Listening to the 24 bit 96kHz on Qobuz on a reference system that is not friendly to bad recordings.

I don't see why people are so surprised Adrian is involved and calling it uncharacteristic. He is the only band member that keeps developing and working all the time. It's only natural that his songwriting evolves, too. Remember the reactions after Satellite 15 came out?

Also, I know shit about H, really, but wouldn't he be the guy to go to for Southern rock/metal? Dunno why I got the feeling, maybe because some of the solos.

Reactions: jcv
How come the sound quality is so different on youtube and spotify?
It sounds to me that the left and right channels are slightly out of sync, (just a few milliseconds) causing phase cancellation and completely ruining anything in the center of the mix.

Once our empires glorious, but now the empire's gone
The dead gave us the time to live and now our time is done

Like the song, the video is fine, the production is an absolute mess and the mastering is absolutely brickwalled, yet again. No way the DR on this album is any higher than a 9. Listening to the 24 bit 96kHz on Qobuz on a reference system that is not friendly to bad recordings.
It's 8, it's not clipped just compressed AF and perhaps hotmixed
Also friendly tip:24/96 bad, never exceed 16/48

The vinyl, as flawed as the medium is, will be a lot better. TBOS vinyl was around 10 dB more dynamic than the CD.

I'm happy. It gelled with me straight away as a song, and I love the artwork in the vid. I'm very interested to see if there's been some more plundering from Bruce's unreleased solo project.

Isn't this what we were all asking for, too? After prolonged Maiden silence, please release a new single? They done good.

How come the sound quality is so different on youtube and spotify?
Compression - YouTube compresses the ever-loving shit out of video and audio so file sizes are smaller and can be streamed on smaller bandwidth connections.

I like the video. Not very keen on the song personally.

Production is actually pretty good (aside from the YouTube upload problems) Tom's aren't boxy as hell like they were on TBOS. Though Bruce's voice does sound a bit odd. It has done since the chemotherapy.

I'm happy. It gelled with me straight away as a song, and I love the artwork in the vid. I'm very interested to see if there's been some more plundering from Bruce's unreleased solo project.

Isn't this what we were all asking for, too? After prolonged Maiden silence, please release a new single? They done good.
Very probable

I think this is awesome. I like the bluesy feel and I think the production is better than BOS. I mean for crissakes they're not young any more. People expect Powerslave from guys in their 60's?

just bought it on the Itunes - really a better sound - a cleaner some effects on the chorus
This isn’t a typical single-style song so I don’t get the reassurance that «the other songs will be better». This is a 7:30 song, more reminiscent of TROBB , which was about 10000 times better. Seriously after the LOTB tour this is what they came up with ? This sounds like a Dickinson song but not from the Roy Z-era but from tattooed millionaire era

Reactions are already really bad outside of this forum.
It's duration 6:14

Reactions: jcv
The vinyl, as flawed as the medium is, will be a lot better. TBOS vinyl was around 10 dB more dynamic than the CD.
It's not about the medium but about the mastering, for TBOS the vinyl was less influenced by the loudness war than the CD. Also don't measure loudness on Vinyl its not accurate. But yeah for TBOS go either for the Vinyl or a digital vinyl rip (you can do it yourself too).

Back