New Single - The Writing on the Wall

This isn’t a typical single-style song so I don’t get the reassurance that «the other songs will be better». This is a 7:30 song, more reminiscent of TROBB , which was about 10000 times better. Seriously after the LOTB tour this is what they came up with ? This sounds like a Dickinson song but not from the Roy Z-era but from tattooed millionaire era

Reactions are already really bad outside of this forum.

I don't see why people are so surprised Adrian is involved and calling it uncharacteristic. He is the only band member that keeps developing and working all the time. It's only natural that his songwriting evolves, too. Remember the reactions after Satellite 15 came out?
Yeah exactly. And especially if you've heard some of his non-Maiden exploits - the riff from "Psycho Motel" (the song) especially - it's emblematic bluesy H magic.

Video Eddie in full Samurai armour suit (Sun and Steel reference?) and the video-story reminds me a great book, Mccammon's Swan Song.

I hate the fact the guys not appearing on the videos... come on! A great rock like this needed a more mature video.

I downloaded Spotify just to see if there was a big difference between the youtube version and spotify's version.

And there is.

Vocals are VERY LOW on the mix on youtube. On spotify it's much better.

Alright, I'm not sad anymore.

Great song, which will probably grow on me and which will be 100% better live, I'm sure.

Ok, guys. I'm happy. Maiden is back.

This isn’t a typical single-style song so I don’t get the reassurance that «the other songs will be better». This is a 7:30 song, more reminiscent of TROBB , which was about 10000 times better. Seriously after the LOTB tour this is what they came up with ? This sounds like a Dickinson song but not from the Roy Z-era but from Tattoo millionaire era

RLonger's alt account?

Across a painted desert lies a train of vagabonds
All that’s left of what we were it’s what we have become
Once our empires glorious but now the empire’s gone
The dead gave us the time to live and now our time is done

Now we are victorious we’ve become our slaves
A land of hope and glory building graveyards for the brave

Have you seen the writing on the wall
Have you seen that writing
Can you see the riders on the storm
Can you see them riding ~ can you see them riding

Holding on to jury is that all we ever know
Ignorance our judge and jury all we’ve got to show
From Hollywood to Babylon ~ holy war to kingdom come
On a trail of dust and ashes ~ when the burning sky is done
A tide of change is coming and that is what you fear
The earthquake is a coming but you don’t want to hear
You’re just too blind to see

Have you seen the writing on the wall
Have you seen that writing
Can you see the riders on the storm
Can you see them riding
Can you see them riding. . . Riding next to you
I thought I heard the lyric "from Hollywood to Birmingham" lol

This isn’t a typical single-style song so I don’t get the reassurance that «the other songs will be better». This is a 7:30 song, more reminiscent of TROBB , which was about 10000 times better. Seriously after the LOTB tour this is what they came up with ? This sounds like a Dickinson song but not from the Roy Z-era but from Tattoo millionaire era

Actually the song is around 6 minutes, the credits are over a minute.

Interesting link

Some details about the video

Key paragraph being

Dickinson initially had a concept for the video which came to fruition in collaboration with two award-winning former Pixar executives and long-standing MAIDEN fans Mark Andrews and Andrew Gordon. The pair have over 50 years of animation industry experience between them at the very top-level including work on "The Incredibles", "Ratatouille", "Brave", "Monsters Inc." and "Finding Nemo". With partners lining up to get involved with the project they chose BlinkInk, a London based animation studio celebrated for their work with a variety of global brands from Adidas to Coca-Cola and a number of high-profile music videos.

Back