New posters! Who are you?

Hello, I'm edge of darkness. I'm from Nashville, TN and I'm 16 years old. I've been reading these forums for about a year and I finally decided to join this forum because it looked like good fun and there is not much of a metal community here. My obsession with maiden began in 2008 after I bought Best of the Beast. I bought it because i knew I loved Wrathchild, NOB, and Run to the Hills, but when I heard Aces High and the Trooper my face looked like this  :eek:. After that I went out and started buying iron maiden albums and t-shirts. I have not seen them live yet but I'm praying for a Nashville show next year.

Hello all, I'm Jake, I'm 16 and from the UK. I've been a fan for about 4 years, having really developed my liking for Maiden in the past year. They now stand as my favourite band and after I see them live in Glasgow on the 20th of July, I am sure they will most certainly be number one in my eyes for what will probably be the rest of my life. Iron Maiden are undoubtably the greatest group of musicians on earth, having created and continuing to create some of the most incredible, beautiful and emotive music ever known to man.

I thought I should join this forum, having stalked it for a while :innocent:. Stay safe and keep on truckin', my fellow blood brothers and sisters. :edmetal:

I'm Dylan, there's not much to say about me. I'm 14 I lived in Michigan for 10 years then moved to Alabama 4 four years ago, then my parents got divorced. I've been a Maiden fan for about a year now.

Hi, I'm Trindadex, I'm 19,  I listen to Iron Maiden since the third rock in rio (the one they made a dvd)  (I'm from Brazil). I like EVERY song from them, they are great, I can't even listen to other bands anymore =/

Thanks! I believe I signed up here a long time ago, but I'm a busy person XD, I remembered these forums right now.

Hello, my name's Monika and I'm from Poland. I started listening IM about 5 years ago. I know it's not much, but I hope it won't be a big problem for you.

I know it's not much information about me, but I've been writing different versions of this post for an hour and that is actually the best of them. If you care - ask. If you don't - I guess that's even better for you.

According to annex of rule #17, female members are obliged to post their picture in the "New posters" thread.

Didn't notice this introduction thread...

Started listening to Maiden about '92. Sort of fell out of listening to Maiden (& metal) in the late 90's; I had bought TXF, but not VXI. In 2005-ish I was still only really listening to all the old stuff I was listening to back in the 90's (i.e. everything pre-1993) --hadn't really moved on, or kept in touch. In 2006 I went & saw Megadeth, a band I had loved as a kid (--first gig I went to was to see them in about '95.) It was superb & brought me full circle, back to my first love --Maiden.

Did some serious catch up, buying BNW, DoD, & AMoLaD. Started to get really in to playing my guitar again. Bought a big effects pedal & started belting out SiT leads. Rounded it off by finally seeing Maiden live (something I was a little too young for back in '92; I was only 12) just there, in Glasgow. One of my oldest friends (& life-long Maiden nut) was meant to attend the Glasgow gig with me, but sadly couldn't make it. Sad. He's not had it easy, & found himself in trouble with the law --missed the band we'd both grown up loving. Perhaps they'll be another chance...

Wish I hadn't missed all the reunion stuff as it happened.
Wish I'd seen them more.
Going to see them each chance I can (practically) get before they finally hang up their boots.

Cried When Brucie Left (yes, I probably did...)

This fact is incredible - there are a lot of stories like your own; people that ditched Maiden in mid '90s, and then they hear their latest 2/3/4 albums, and go nuts again after all those years. It just fucking shows what this band means today, and what it always meant.

I just stopped buying any new metal in the late 90's, early 2000's --I still listened to all the old stuff, but just didn't have any friends (apart from old, old friends) who were into metal. You grow up & sometimes you think your tastes have changed. But truth is, I was still listening to every old Maiden album I had in the car on the way to work. And, I still loved them.

Catching up has been fun. They really have held to an incredible level. And, the new stuff is really, really good. As I said, just wish I'd seen them a few more times live. Time yet...

Hello, I'm new here, obviously. I'm a relatively recent Maiden convert. First Maiden album I heard was Dance of Death, and now, years later, here I am as a huge fan.  :) I've lurked here a bit, and am happy to be in good company.

Back