New posters! Who are you?

Hey everyone!
I've been just reading so far, but I felt like joining in at the start of the tour, despite not being able to see a gig myself.
I'm 31, I'm from Bulgaria and have been listening to Maiden since the early 90s really but I kind of became obsessed after the reunion. :)
I saw Maiden live back in 2007 and I'm really looking forward to a European tour next year.

Hey, I've been lurking this forum for a few months (as I usually do before joining a forum), and decided today to join.

A bit of background: I am 15 years old, so I guess I missed a lot of the good parts as far as heavy metal goes, but better late than never, I guess. For most of my life I had little interest in music, as the popular music mostly annoyed me and other genres couldn't hold my attention (and I had never even looked into metal, I guess buying into the "untalented noise" bit). Around 7-8 months ago, a friend of mine got me to listen to some Maiden songs, and it didn't take too long for me to fall in love, and I suppose people on a Iron Maiden fansite understand why.

I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I don't actually have all the Maiden studio albums yet as I am a little short on funds (more accurately, quite stingy, which I suppose is better than the alternative), but I do have a majority: Iron Maiden, Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, The X Factor, Virtual XI as of today, Brave New World, Dance of Death, A Matter of Life and Death and The Final Frontier, as well as Somewhere Back In Time and From Fear To Eternity compilations and Rock In Rio and En Vivo live album and DVD respectively (expecting to get a hard time for not having NotB and PoM, but I WILL get them soon). Maiden has been a gateway, getting me into other bands like Megadeth, Metallica and Rush, and I hope to soon get into the likes of Dream Theater, Judas Priest and Bruce/Blaze solo.

I'll also be seeing my first Maiden show this August (and am avoid setlist spoilers right now), so I'm fairly excited for that.

Well, this went on longer than I thought, probably than the average intro post (I suppose I'm rather verbose, but having read a lot of the threads on this forum, I don't think that'll be a major issue), so I'll be finished now. Anyway, hi!

Welcome :)

I recommend putting Priest as top priority listening over all those other bands ;) As both an influence to Maiden and something just as awesome :p

Enjoy your stay :)

Not sure I have introduced myself before but I am Maidenpriest and have been a fan since the early 1980's, I am from England. Up The Irons!!

Figured I should drop by and add to this thread, as I've been lurking on the forum for a while. I've been a metal fan since the mid 80s, but never got to see Maiden until two years ago, and now I'm hooked. I'll be at the Milwaukee show on July 4th, and I can't wait!!! Two days of work and then...pow!!!

I'm also a big fan of Rush (can't wait until 9/15 in Chicago!!!) and early Genesis (eagerly awaiting the next The Musical Box tour). In addition, I enjoy reading science fiction and horror. I've really been getting into compliations of the works from Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine and the works of H.P. Lovecraft as well. I'm an avid tabletop gamer, especially Arkham Horror.

As far as American football goes, I'm a Packer fan. :)

Hi everybody! I'm The_RED_rocker or just Red. I like to listen various hard rock and metal artist, form Van Halen to Slayer to AC/DC to Sepultura , etc. I'm huge movie fan and love the superhero movies (going to see The Amazing Spider-Man tonight!). I play guitar, and also sing as well. I have been to a handful of concerts Iron Maiden in 2000 (my only Maiden and was my first), Aerosmith 2005, AC/DC 2008, Metallica 2009, and Van Halen 2012. I have all of the Iron Maiden cds, I have 2 Minutes to Midnight single, and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son on Vinyl. On cassette tape I have Powerslave, Live After Death, Somewhere in Time, Seventh Son and Tattooed Millionaire. Hope I interested you and UP THE IRONS! :edmetal:

:blink: Are you sure you're not me? :cool:

(For the record, I'm not merely a Packers fan, but a part-owner. :D )
If I'm you, I moved to a better climate! :D I'll attribute it to great minds thinking alike. :p

As far as the Packers go, it's in the blood. I was born & raised around it, and although I tried to be "too cool" to like football, I eventually caved and discovered I actually LIKED it. Here it's like a religion --- you worship at the green and gold altar every Sunday (well, sometimes Monday, Thursday and Saturday instead, but who's counting?).

It is a religion. I grew up in Wausau in the 70s, when the Pack was down and the Vikings were doing well. Half the kids stayed loyal to the home team, half were traitors who rooted for the Vikings. I never got along with that second half...

Hi there. I'm Rachel from Northern NJ. I live about 6 miles outside of NYC. Been a fan of Maiden since 92. Former classical musician, I listen to everything and anything. Maiden is my favorite. Happy to meet everyone! Up the irons!

Hi everyone, I am Mike. I am new to the forums. I have been a Maiden fan for about 3 years. I first heard Number of the Beast on Guitar Hero III, then a couple months later I watched Iron Maiden Death on the Road on the Directv channel 101 network. I watched it not knowing what to expect, I liked the mask and movements of Bruce on Dance of Death, and was blown away by Paschendale (I dropped my bottle of water). Then I was hooked. I got The Final Frontier for Christmas, along with the hat that Bruce wears on that tour. I haven't had to opportunity to see Maiden live. (Hopefully soon.) I hope to enjoy this forum as much a some of the others on hear. Up The Irons!!

Fantastic! Mine too! I already like you.

Do you like Nuno's solo stuff?

I personally like most of it more than Extreme.

Got a favorite Extreme album?

Back