New posters! Who are you?

I just remembered that I joined this forum a month ago and now got around to posting.

I'm Bad Eddie from IMF, and I'm here to stay.

Bad Eddie said:
I just remembered that I joined this forum a month ago and now got around to posting.

I'm Bad Eddie from IMF, and I'm here to stay.

Hey, that's not too bad.  I've joined this forum a year before I started posting.  Welcome!

Yup, welcome everybody, its nice to see some new faces (and old ones like PH, although I believe that I like GK started posting around the time that you left). :)

Hey i'm a maiden fan from the Faroe Islands. I signed up yesterday, but i've actually been around for a couple of years now, just checking new posts, lame jokes and other stuff. But I finally got signed up and I think i'm here to stay :bigsmile: :p

Can you read old Egyptian heiroglyphics and tell us ancient stories of the Faroes?

(Sorry!  Welcome aboard!)

Posted on: Today at 05:03:11Posted by: SinisterMinisterX 

Was Black Sabbath telling the truth? Do Faroes wear boots?

I'm sorry. I couldn't resist. I'm really, really sorry. 

haha...somehow I knew you would hit me with something like that :bigsmile:

...but we do wear boots B)

24 years old male from Split, Croatia. Worshipping Eddy the Head for 10 years or so :) Engineer of computer sciences. Playing guitar for like 12 years, electric guitar since i was 16. Ibanez RG. Love music, computers, technology, military stuff (post-WW2 air stuff, especially Russian), sports...

Up The Irons!

I might not be as new as Zare and MaidenFO in the board, but I could always tell a little about myself.

25 years old and live in Trondheim, Norway where I am a PhD student at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. (Initially its English name was ... Technology and Science, but when some smartarse realized what this abbreviated to in English they altered the name  :lol:)

I play guitar and keyboards on a hobby basis (I wouldn't excactly call myself a guitar legend) and earlier I played football as well. (That is, the proper football, the one where we use our feet and not our hands to play  the ball). I quit footballing when I started at university and I'm now only watching it, except playing with friends in any suitable grass-covered place in the summer.

And I've only been listening to Maiden for the last 3-4 years - after letting AC/DC open the doors into the world of hard rock and heavy metal for me. Besides hard rock/heavy metal I also enjoy classical music and also, of course, some artists from other genres.

Eddies Wingman said:
(Initially its English name was ... Technology and Science, but when some smartarse realized what this abbreviated to in English they altered the name  :lol:)

Near here, there is a university called Cape Breton University.  It used to be the University College of Cape Breton (UCCB) but they got very tired of everyone else in the province referring to it as "The University of Crayons and Colouring Books".

Crayons and Colouring Books  :lol: Fantastic.

Actually, the NUST (not NUTS thanks to the rearranging of the name) is a fusion of the old Norwegian Technical College (in Norwegian: Norges Tekniske Høgskole, NTH) and the College of Common Sciences as well as some smaller speciality colleges. This fusion was quite unpopular, especially among the people at NTH, and actually many (especially professors and the traditional student associations) still refer to the natural science/technology part of the university as NTH.

Some people wear a T-shirt which has the NUST logo sinking in the sea and the old NTH logo rising as the sun  :) Have a look

http://www.universitetsavisa.no/getfile ... ogo130.jpg

Zare said:
24 years old male from Split, Croatia. Worshipping Eddy the Head for 10 years or so :) Engineer of computer sciences. Playing guitar for like 12 years, electric guitar since i was 16. Ibanez RG. Love music, computers, technology, military stuff (post-WW2 air stuff, especially Russian), sports...

Up The Irons!

Does Dinamo stick kick Hajduk in all their football games?  :p

Just playing with you.  Welcome aboard, mate.  :welcome:

@ Eddies Wingman and LC: In my part of Ontario we have a joke on two of our universities.  If you can walk and talk you can go to Brock; if you can walk and talk a little faster you can go to McMaster. 

Back