New posters! Who are you?

Hi there!

I heard about this place from my mates (Moro vaan kaikille!) so I decided to join up also.
You can find me from IMOC or Rautaneito.com with this same nickname.

I'm a 24 years old Finn. I heard Maiden first time quite late but main thing is that I heard them and fell madly in love with their music and rest is history.
Iron Maiden is a huge part of my life. I found my best friends via Iron Maiden and even love of my life.
I love to travel and see gigs and especially meeting other fans is very important to me. Right now I miss all of them badly :(
My plans for next year is travel around lot more than this summer or last year. Hopefully I see lot of you people.
My other hobbies are trying to learn little bit bass playing (I'm too lazy) and dog training.

My favorite programs from telly are: Little Britain, Smith & Jones, The Fast Show, Lost, The Simpsons, Top Gear, My Name Is Earl, Desperate Housewives.
And if I'm visiting my boyfriend at England: Never Mind The Buzzcocks, The Friday Night Project
Favorite book right now: Jeremy Clarkson: The World According To Clarkson
Movies: The Boondock Saints, Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, Braveheart, Star Wars, Reservoir Dogs, Jackie Brown, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Pitkä Kuuma Kesä, Helmiä ja Sikoja, Lord Of the Rings
Music: Iron Maiden is number one for me, but here you can find what else I listen: www.last.fm/user/DanteFIN

Rush as well! Planning to see them as well? Their final gig of this tour is in Helsinki, I believe.

Welcome on board!

Thanks!

Yes, I'm going to see Rush at Helsinki. Sooo excited right now  :yey:
I just realized that this isn't the same forum my mates told me about but it doesn't matter  :D

Dante said:
Iron Maiden is a huge part of my life. I found my best friends via Iron Maiden and even love of my life.

Only 3 of my friends (outside this forum) are metal heads, and I've always wanted to meet a girl who is a metalhead, yet not completely insane lol, *sigh* have to keep looking I guess, lucky you! and welcome!

Onhell said:
Only 3 of my friends (outside this forum) are metal heads, and I've always wanted to meet a girl who is a metalhead, yet not completely insane lol, *sigh* have to keep looking I guess, lucky you! and welcome!

Good luck with that Onhell...:p

Welcome aboard Dante! :)

Thanks Natalie :)

Onhell said:

Just keep your eyes open at Maiden gig's (or other gig's) after parties  :bigsmile:
If someone would have told me year ago that I will pop into some English man at Belgrade's gig after party and fall madly in love in few hours I would have laugh my ass off  :D
So everything is possible when Maiden is involved  :bigsmile:

Hello everyone.

Hi all, just came across this place whilst surfing the web.
Seems good, think I'll have a look around.  :ok:

Hi there !

I'm not really a newbie but everything's relative ! (Registered in March 2006)

I've been more active in the French part of the forum but it gets a bit boring cause there's not much persons to post in. So I gegan a discover of the English part and found very interesting topics, like the one about Cruise & Scientology.

To resume myself, I'm not really french because I'm from Brittany... B) and I'm 26. I discovered Maiden in a madia library by "Fear of the drak". But I choosed to take this CD only because of the art work and, as you can imagine, I loved it. Then, I took "Real live one" and other CDs from other metal bands (like Metallica). I stopped hearing to Maiden (but I don't know why) for at least 5 years and relistened thanks to a friend who's a real fan of metal music.

porcnoz said:
I'm not really french because I'm from Brittany... B)
Brittany, as far as I am led to believe, has more in common with Cornwall than the rest of France. ;)

I'm not from Cornwall, no. However, I've been to both (Brittany and Cornwall) and noticed the similarities - and this is not just in the geographical shape of the land (St. Michaels mount & Mont Saint-Michel, for example).

Albie said:
(...) and noticed the similarities - and this is not just in the geographical shape of the land

I saw that the houses are the same... We're celtic too.

Albie said:
(St. Michaels mount & Mont Saint-Michel, for example).

You're lucky I'm not norman... cause Mt St Michel is in Normandy

"Le Couesnon dans sa folie
a mis le Mont en Normandie"
There's a rivalry between Brittany and Normandy about that and this could be translated by :
"The Couesnon in its madness
put the mount in Normandy"

The normans have stolen us the Mont Saint Michel and the cider, but this is another story wich has no place here !

porcnoz said:
You're lucky I'm not norman... cause Mt St Michel is in Normandy
:oops: Pardon my ignorance here, but I must admit I can see how I made that mistake - whilst on holiday in Brittany, we spent a day at Mont St-Michel, so I assumed it was in Brittany (and it's right on the border, I believe).

Hi everyone! I joined a few months ago, I think. I live in Zagreb, Croatia (yes, it is far away from where ever you are). I like the Commentary and the forum, but when will it be updated?

Welcome, Lovro.

As it happens, I was born in Zagreb and now live in Canada.  I was in Croatia this past summer and unfortunately for me Maiden did not tour nearby during that time.  The commentary is up in the air right now, as far as I know, because the guy who writes it is kind of not here.  The old stuff will remain as it is.

I'm Pineapple Hunter, or PH. (The name is in reference to the fact that I like girls - which I don't, *sigh*)

I joined in 2005, I think, and I have been on and off since then. Everyone around here knows me, but there are some new e-faces I don't recognise, so, hello, new faces!

I'm 23, I live in Devon, England, a place where people smuggle, drink cider and drive badly and I have the love for Maiden that most of us share.

Big hello to old faces, I will be catching up with you all. Although, I don't know what's happened with the IRC chatroom...

Welcome back PH! The chat changed servers a few months back, and as far as I know, no one really frequents there anymore.

Pineapple Hunter said:
I'm Pineapple Hunter, or PH. (The name is in reference to the fact that I like girls - which I don't, *sigh*)

I joined in 2005, I think, and I have been on and off since then. Everyone around here knows me, but there are some new e-faces I don't recognise, so, hello, new faces!

I'm 23, I live in Devon, England, a place where people smuggle, drink cider and drive badly and I have the love for Maiden that most of us share.

Big hello to old faces, I will be catching up with you all. Although, I don't know what's happened with the IRC chatroom...

Hi there!  :hello:

I think I started posting right about the time you left... so welcome back.

Welcome Lovro, and yes the IMC has been like that since I have been here.  I am still reading through it.  Great stuff, even if it's not updated. ;)

Hello P-hunter.  So where have you been?  And what new things have happened since then?

Back