New album: The Final Frontier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to have to change my countdown then. I want it to count down to the earliest possible official release.

Maybe we'll get SUPER lucky like with Death Magnetic where a store started selling it around 3 weeks ahead of time which of course caused a leak. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! I can dream.
:eek: This country's not getting it until the 31st: http://www.lookandlisten.co.za/view/113505/

I have also wondered about the apparent 13th August release. On my local store's website, it is also stated to be released on 13th August.

However, my own theory is that this is when they will ship it. Seeing as the 13th is a Friday, and no delivering occurs on the weekend over here, then it should arrive on Monday or Tuesday - which is around when it'll be released in stores. So I think the earlier release dates on websites are due to the fact they have to ship it, and therefore they compensate - at least if you buy it from an online store. I suppose if it is saying that and you're just browsing products it may in fact have that release date in-store.

I see what you mean LogJam, but look at what jeff said about AMOLAD above. It won't be much longer and we'll know for sure.
Well, I gave in and read some reviews. I love this statement from MusicRadar:
From here on in, the songs get longer, trippier, more zonked-out and full of surprises. In this regard, Isle Of Avalon is opulent.

"trippier and more zonked out". I can't wait!

Yeah, we will.

Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to buying the album if it was released in-store prematurely, but I wouldn't download it if it was leaked.

Thanks Jeff, very insightful read. I like how Bruce was saying it might be there last, and Steve is saying how Bruce is just saying that to screw with the fans, and then Nicko is like fuck no, we're going to keep making music till I drop. Best part. 

There's something I'm really loving about Bruce's vocals on the 2 new songs. My 8 favorite albums are every album with him except No Prayer and FOTD, however, out of those 8, I dislike AMOLAD just a little bit less because it's more of a serious album and therefore Bruce's vocals have a more serious sound to them, unlike the other 7 albums where his vocals have more of a mystical and magical sound to them and that's what I'm hearing on the 2 new songs. Especially on TFF.

I liked "El Dorado". And I think that will be an average song in the album. I can't wait the album.

Pics of the LP including lyrics-

TFFInsideCover.jpg

It appears as if Satellite 15 also has words and isn't simply an instrumental

Also, When The Wild Wind Blows has a ton of lyrics

Can't really see much else, though I would share it since I saw it on the IMFC board.

Donner said:
Pics of the LP including lyrics-

TFFInsideCover.jpg

It appears as if Satellite 15 also has words and isn't simply an instrumental

Also, When The Wild Wind Blows has a ton of lyrics

Can't really see much else, though I would share it since I saw it on the IMFC board.

Do you also have pictures of the picture discs?

Thanks Donner.

I literally spent 20 minutes trying to make out the lyrics. I worked on it a bit in Photoshop, trying to sharpen the pixelated text. Still couldn't make anything out. Where did you get the picture? I guess there isn't a better quality of it.

mozzle said:
Thanks Donner.

I literally spent 20 minutes trying to make out the lyrics. I worked on it a bit in Photoshop, trying to sharpen the pixelated text. Still couldn't make anything out. Where did you get the picture? I guess there isn't a better quality of it.

Someone posted it on the paid board.  It's the only pic I've seen yet.

And yeah, I too spent way too much time trying to read lyrics to songs I haven't even heard yet haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back