New album: The Final Frontier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thirty years on from their eponymous debut album in April 1980, 'The Final Frontier' will be Maiden's 15th studio album. The band reunited with long-time Maiden producer Kevin 'Caveman' Shirley in early 2010 at Compass Point Studios, Nassau to record the album and then moved to LA to finish the recording and do the mixing. Includes the downloadable, 'El Dorado'.

El Dorado Lyrics: http://www.discoogle.com/wiki/El_Dorado ... ron_Maiden
Iron Maiden Complete Discography: http://www.discoogle.com/wiki/Iron_Maiden_Discography
Iron Maiden Lyrics List: http://www.discoogle.com/wiki/Iron_Maiden_Lyrics

:shred:

Feverdog said:
Hi does any one know whats the difference between the standard and limited edition cd
The limited edition is supposed to have some sort of tin box, check here.

First review of The Final Frontier - (in french - could someone, please, translate into English?):
It's from this forum - http://www.maidenforum.com/

Premiere écoute de "The Final Frontier"... résumé de Guitar/part

- Satellite 15... The Final Frontier: très longue intro, grosse rythmique, break puis gros riffs. Bruce se lâche. Pas une minute de répit pendant le morceau qui d'après eux est fait pour le live.

- El Dorado: on la connait

- Mother Of Mercy: morceau calme à l'esprit très '80...

- Coming Home: ballade

- The Alchemist: plus rapide

- Isle Of Avalon: belle intro en son clair, morceau épique qui repose sur la batterie de Nicko, d'après eux l'un des meilleurs de l'album...

- Starblind: ravira les shreddeurs, chanson sur le rôle de Dieu

- The Talisman: intro acoustique influence moyennageuse

- The Man Who Would Be King: Bruce est au meillleur de sa forme, un régal il parait.

- When The Wild Wind Blows: intro très pop '80 d'après eux...

Well, I don't know if it's real and I don't mind 'cos I didn't even read for I don't want to know anything beyond El Dorado 'til August 16th, but bear in mind that media and radios are in time to receive copies for reviews and airplaying. The first review (real or not) popped up just about the time I told days ago, based on the period AMOLAD reviews started to appear.

Google Translator says:

First listen to "The Final Frontier" ... Summary Guitar / share

- Satellite 15 ... The Final Frontier: very long intro, great rhythm, great riffs and breaks. Bruce is loose. Not a minute's respite, during which the song from them is done to live.

- El Dorado: it knows it

- Mother Of Mercy: song calm mind very '80 ...

- Coming Home: ballad

- The Alchemist: Faster

- Isle Of Avalon: nice intro clear sound, epic song based on the battery Nicko, according to them one of the best album ...

- Starblind: shreddeurs will please, song on the role of God

- The Talisman: intro acoustic influence middle-aged type

- The Man Who Would Be King: Bruce Brut its form, a treat it seems.

- When The Wild Wind Blows: intro very pop '80 after them ...

A bit better translation I did myself (a friend told me it doesn't say much, so I trusted him. Also, it seems the person who wrote this listened to excerpts only) - 

Satellite 15...The Final Frontier - very long intro, heavy rhythm, break then heavy riff. Bruce is loose. Not a minute of rest during the part after that. Meant for playing live.

El Dorado - This one is already known.

Mother Of Mercy - this calm part is very much in the spirit of the 80's.

Coming Home - ballad

The Alchemist - very fast

Isle Of Avalon - beautiful intro with clean/clear sound, epic excerpt that rely upon Nicko's drumming, this excerpt is one of the best on the album.

Starblind - a feast for shredders, song about the role of God

The Talisman - acoustic intro influenced by middle ages?

The Man Who Would Be King - Bruce's at his best, a delight as it seems

When The Wild Wind Blows - intro very much like their own 80's fame

I made some corrections, automatic translators can be very misleading sometimes

Jeffmetal said:
First review of The Final Frontier - (in french - could someone, please, translate into English?):
It's from this forum - http://www.maidenforum.com/

Premiere écoute de "The Final Frontier"... résumé de Guitar/part ---> First listen of "The Final Frontier"...review of Guitar/part

- Satellite 15... The Final Frontier: très longue intro, grosse rythmique, break puis gros riffs. Bruce se lâche. Pas une minute de répit pendant le morceau qui d'après eux est fait pour le live.

---> Very long intro, heavy rythms /riffs. Bruce takes off (by word letting himself go) Not a minute of rest during the song which according to them is made for live

- El Dorado: on la connait

- Mother Of Mercy: morceau calme à l'esprit très '80...  ---> calm song as in 80s style...

- Coming Home: ballade

- The Alchemist: plus rapide  ---> more fast

- Isle Of Avalon: belle intro en son clair, morceau épique qui repose sur la batterie de Nicko, d'après eux l'un des meilleurs de l'album... ---> the latest Jeff translation is rather ok 

- Starblind: ravira les shreddeurs, chanson sur le rôle de Dieu ----> idem

- The Talisman: intro acoustique influence moyennageuse  ----> yes, influence of Middle Age

- The Man Who Would Be King: Bruce est au meillleur de sa forme, un régal il parait.  ---> Jeff's latest is more or less ok as well

- When The Wild Wind Blows: intro très pop '80 d'après eux... ----> d'apres eux it's according to them (Maiden ??)

Thanx, Will-I-Am. :ok:

Another report from private listening session for journalists:

From Jon Horse: I heard the Maiden album today. It's fucking long as fuck, pretty good, not their best but probably a grower.

I had to listen to it on a Discman in EMI's headquarters under the supervision of a security guard. They put on a nice spread; some good coffee, nice crisps, coca-cola, water, and I got given a t-shirt too.

So paranoid are management that we couldn't listen to it acoustically. There is another playback in July with beer and stuff so that'll be more like it.

It won't be their last studio album, though, heard noises that it was really just the subject matter that led them to that title.

It was just me and Joel McIver from Metal Hammer. I just stared out the window and wrote loads of notes down – one of them about how worrying one of the tracks sounds like 'Man On The Edge'!!!??? from the Blaze era. And drummed with my pen. The security guard (Tony) said: "You had that loud enough; it was blaring." Which was momentarily concerning. During the second spin I felt really conscious of the noise of me eating Kettle Chips. And I needed a pee.

76 minutes long!!??? I'll say it again, the coffee was nice. Some good rollicking Maiden going on, i just wish there was a real 'hit single' on it just to act as a focal point. Definitely a grower, though. 'The Final Frontier' is really dense. 'Coming Home' is a great track, though; Brucie's in his element. And 'El Dorado' gets better the more you hear it.

This The X Factor related reference sounds great to me. Hope there's a tone similar to The X Factor on The Final Frontier. :edmetal:

Hmm.
I should really stop reading such things si that I won't have any special expectations.

Jeffmetal said:
Thanx, Will-I-Am. :ok:

Another report from private listening session for journalists:

From Jon Horse: I heard the Maiden album today. It's fucking long as fuck, pretty good, not their best but probably a grower.

I had to listen to it on a Discman in EMI's headquarters under the supervision of a security guard. They put on a nice spread; some good coffee, nice crisps, coca-cola, water, and I got given a t-shirt too.

So paranoid are management that we couldn't listen to it acoustically. There is another playback in July with beer and stuff so that'll be more like it.

It won't be their last studio album, though, heard noises that it was really just the subject matter that led them to that title.

It was just me and Joel McIver from Metal Hammer. I just stared out the window and wrote loads of notes down – one of them about how worrying one of the tracks sounds like 'Man On The Edge'!!!??? from the Blaze era. And drummed with my pen. The security guard (Tony) said: "You had that loud enough; it was blaring." Which was momentarily concerning. During the second spin I felt really conscious of the noise of me eating Kettle Chips. And I needed a pee.

76 minutes long!!??? I'll say it again, the coffee was nice. Some good rollicking Maiden going on, i just wish there was a real 'hit single' on it just to act as a focal point. Definitely a grower, though. 'The Final Frontier' is really dense. 'Coming Home' is a great track, though; Brucie's in his element. And 'El Dorado' gets better the more you hear it.

This The X Factor related reference sounds great to me. Hope there's a tone similar to The X Factor on The Final Frontier. :edmetal:

Thanks Jeff  :ok:

Hmmm ...not the best review I could wait for, but Man On The Edge is an awesome track (the only worthy in fact for me) let's see

Keep us updated mate  :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back