New album: The Final Frontier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the entire thing looks better than just that teaser that was online.

DT & Maiden! Damn, I wish they did that in Europe! That's just awesome!

Yeah, Maiden and Dream Theatre is a pretty epic combo, shame that seems only to be for the North American leg.

Also I'll say that whilst I think the artwork is okay for a tour, I may die if anything similar to that is used on TFF.

I got a chance to see Dream when they got here several months ago.
Maybe Israel is in this tour at last!

I'll be at the Toronto show at the Molson Amphitheatre. It's Where I saw Maiden for the first time and hopefully wont be where I see them for the last time.

This is cool for DT fans, since DT had said earlier this year "there will be no US DT tour in '10". I guess they meant headlining tour.

And what the hell is that Eddie? I don't know if I like it or not.

I always had the feeling listening to The Journeyman that DoD was going to be the final Maiden album. It kinda said to me "we've been Iron Maiden, thanks for listening".

The hints suggest that this will be the final one, which is a very upsetting thought indeed. Is it wrong of me to be deeply saddened by this?

SinisterMinisterX said:
And what the hell is that Eddie? I don't know if I like it or not.

I kinda like it, and then I don't, and then I do. It's weird alright, and I usaully find blobs like his brain to be disgusting, but it's kinda cool in a way.

I think it's overly graphic. SSoaSS got it right in terms of mutilated Eddie. To be fair, the teeth are kind of disgustingly intriguing though.

spalec said:
Sites not loading for me...could someone screencap it for me?

How 'bout I just pull the image off the IM site?
homepage_na_x12.jpg

Who drew that Eddie anyway?

Go directly to www.ironmaiden.com , not the link in the first post. I'll edit it.

Yes, the teeth on the left side look gruesome. :D It kind of reminds me of the Eddie on The Evil That Men Do single.

The more I look, the more I have to say: this doesn't really look like Eddie at all. They've taken away too many of Eddie's features. This drawing could be any random gory skull.

SinisterMinisterX said:
The more I look, the more I have to say: this doesn't really look like Eddie at all. They've taken away too many of Eddie's features. This drawing could be any random gory skull.
That's my main problem too. Like the horns that stick out of his jaw? That's not Eddie. It does seem the most beastly Eddie I've seen - which could be to fit in with the nickname for Maiden. Like someone showed in the other thread the AMOLAD tour eddie was way different to the AMOLAD album Eddie, so hopefully this one won't be the same either!

The artwork is awful but I like the title. It obviously recalls "the golden years" and Somewhere In Time... O tempora o mores!
Cheers anyway

SinisterMinisterX said:
How 'bout I just pull the image off the IM site?
homepage_na_x12.jpg

Who drew that Eddie anyway?

The teeth remind me of the Jugulator ... not one of the greatest Eddies, that's for sure.

I also must say Dream Theater is a great support act, however I'm pleased with what we get (Heaven & Hell).

And the title does indeed make me think this is the last album.

I had the same wistful reaction re the word "final" in the title, but if it were the last studio album, wouldn't they explicitly say so?  (Maybe they will.)  Still, very excited about the tour -- glad it's in the summer and won't conflict with my autumn trial or my spring vacation plans! 

My only gripe is that the "L.A." show is actually in San Bernardino, about 90 minutes away from L.A. in the middle of the Inland Empire crystal meth wasteland.  Why not the Hollywood Bowl? or Staples Center? or the Forum (which is a dump, but it's a nearby dump)?  There are plenty of venues in L.A. proper.  I suppose I'm spoiled -- better than LC having to schlep to Montreal or Wasted having to drive to Chicago.  At least it's on a Saturday, so I'll have no trouble going early. 

Dream Theater as an opening act is great.  I wonder how long DT will actually play?  Aren't their concerts typically longer than Maiden's ~100-minute set?  If they play a standard 30-40 minute opening set, that's only, what, 3 to 5 songs?! 

I don't love the artwork.  But part of me had hoped that, after all these years, they would have graduated to more sophisticated or minimalist, and less cartoon-y, album art.  Particularly if this is their last album.  Can't abandon Eddie entirely, I realize, but using AMOLAD as an example, rather than the tank-and-soldier-zombie painting, why not simply have the cover just be the simple Eddie-with-crossed-guns logo that is stenciled on the tank?  It's more classy.  I know I'm in the minority and others will vehemently disagree, but that's my view.

June 19th!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back