New album: The Final Frontier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be a sci-fi themed album if we look the name and the artwork.
However, this artwork surely isn't final, because, as far as we know, they haven't done pre-release preparations which include the artwork. The name "The Final Frontier" could mean anything. Maybe the record won't have exact theme, and that name comes from a name of the song or one of the lines in the song.

Far too early to speculate.

In any case, i like the name and i like this Eddie.
I also think this will be their final studio record.

2010-2011 will mark the album tours. They're bound to release the tour DVD, + some other stuff like Maiden England DVD. 3rd history tour or farewell tour, with final show being played in 2015, marking 40 years of band's existence....it could happen.

Finally, 3 months till album release, that's very near  :yey: :yey: :yey:
Also, regarding the success of previous tour and the fact that they're #1 metal superstars again today, + the advancements of technology, we're surely going to get an FM based bootleg from the first leg of the tour, and probably even some TV captures.  :D

I can't wait to hear the new songs they'll play on the tour. Let's hope they're better than Wildest Dreams off the Give Me Ed' tour!

Zare said:
Finally, 3 months till album release, that's very near  :yey: :yey: :yey:

Wait, what? Summer is some 4 months from now, and they said it's a late summer release.

cornfedhick said:
I don't love the artwork.  But part of me had hoped that, after all these years, they would have graduated to more sophisticated or minimalist, and less cartoon-y, album art.  Particularly if this is their last album.  Can't abandon Eddie entirely, I realize, but using AMOLAD as an example, rather than the tank-and-soldier-zombie painting, why not simply have the cover just be the simple Eddie-with-crossed-guns logo that is stenciled on the tank?  It's more classy.  I know I'm in the minority and others will vehemently disagree, but that's my view.

I agree with you totally.  Less cartoony, more minimalist, certainly nothing cliche like that particular "Eddie" is what is needed.

But at least a new album is coming out.  :)

Enjoy your best-of / history tour gig, North Americans. Looks like the 2011 gigs will be different, with more new songs from the new album.

- - - - - - -

Says vocalist Bruce Dickinson, "We really wanted to get out and play some shows before the release of the new album later this year, so we thought what better way to kick off the tour than by going back to Canada and the USA where fans gave us such a fantastic reception during our last tour in 2008! We were astounded to see so many thousands of fans packing out the venues, so this time round we will be playing a few more cities we haven't visited for some time, like Dallas, Saskatoon, Detroit, Denver and Pittsburgh, though logistically we couldn't get to a few places we really like to play, which is a shame. It's also great news that our friends DREAM THEATER are able to join us as special guests."

"We're still working on the set list for these summer shows, but this time it will cover the whole history of the band, and I can hint that we will be playing a taster from the new album. We already have the designs for the new Final Frontier stage show which we are building to bring out with us, so this summer tour will be a bit of a preview for the fans. It's certainly looking very spectacular at this stage and with a brand new Eddie and an amazing light show!"

So in the 9th of june a new Maiden song will be played live. What an awesome present for my 18th birthday!

9 June, also my brother's birthday (his 33rd) and it also happens to be national elections in the Netherlands.
:)

Zare said:
The name "The Final Frontier" could mean anything.

It means one thing.

Zare said:
Far too early to speculate.

Is it ?

|
 |
 |
 V

Zare said:
I also think this will be their final studio record.

Ha!  :D

Forostar said:
9 June, also my brother's birthday (his 33rd) and it also happens to be national elections in the Netherlands.
:)

Yeah, but it's much less important than our birthdays (;

Haha Foro you got me.  :D
However, and i speak the truth and nothing but the truth, i meant the speculation regarding the connection of the name, artwork and the sci-fi theme, and whether that artwork resembles the final album imagery.

cornfedhick said:
My only gripe is that the "L.A." show is actually in San Bernardino, about 90 minutes away from L.A. in the middle of the Inland Empire crystal meth wasteland.  Why not the Hollywood Bowl? or Staples Center? or the Forum (which is a dump, but it's a nearby dump)?  There are plenty of venues in L.A. proper.  I suppose I'm spoiled -- better than LC having to schlep to Montreal or Wasted having to drive to Chicago.  At least it's on a Saturday, so I'll have no trouble going early. 

Apparently, I spoke too soon.  The amphitheater in San Bernadino was described to me by my assistant, who attends many more concerts than I, as "amazing," "fantastic" and "beautiful," with "great sound."  So I take back what I said, and I'll happily trek to the land of mulletts, rusted Camaros and crystal meth for what promises to be a great show. 

I like the title.

Although that Eddie is really ugly (and looks like it was drawn ten years ago).

I like this Eddie, the title is simple, but what matters is if the content of the album will make up for it.

Without wanting to sound disrespectful, I'm glad that Dream Theater will only open this part of the tour.

If they do that, this album will suck, but next one will be a blast  :D

It might be dangerous to name the album The Final Frontier... What if they want to make another one? What if it really sucks? Maybe it will be like Friday the 13th series :)

Reumeren said:
It might be dangerous to name the album The Final Frontier... What if they want to make another one? What if it really sucks? Maybe it will be like Friday the 13th series :)

I think Gulranek has the solution to that:

gulranek said:
If not, they can always name the next one "The Undiscovered Country". :D

You know, beyond the final frontier there might be an undiscovered country. Or maybe a brave new world. Oh, wait ....

You haven't experienced Shakespeare until you hear it on original Klingon.

che'bah, che'tah!  :nana:

They really did translate Hamlet into Klingon, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back