New album: The Final Frontier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I've already played the living hell out of all his solo albums and all the rare songs so it doesn't help me much. :lol: The new Blind Guardian is helping though.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Unfortunately, I've already played the living hell out of all his solo albums and all the rare songs so it doesn't help me much. :lol: The new Blind Guardian is helping though.

I think Accident Of Birth and Chemical Wedding are better than anything Maiden has put out since the reunion (which doesn't mean I don't think the reunion stuff is good, I just think Bruce's material is stronger).  Tyranny Of Souls has it's moments too.  I like some of Skunkworks as well but it's up and down.  Balls To Picasso is solid as well, but I can't stand 90% of Tattooed Millionaire.  I was so excited the day that album came out, but it just never clicked with me.
Donner said:
Can't wait.  15 days to go.  I even booked the day off of work.  :edmetal:

I did too.  Of course I'm my own boss and I work from home so it was pretty easy to get the day off.   I'm a cool boss though so I give myself lots of breaks and allow myself to surf the net while at work.  :D  

Where was the link to a website selling TFF that had pics of the packaging that showed a little bit of the lyrics in one picture? It showed the line in Coming Home right after where the sample cuts off...

RMGadelha said:
Boss: "Why do you wanna take a day off?"
Donner: "I have to listen to Iron Maiden´s new album"
Boss: "Me too! you are forgiven'

LOL

Haha, but after taking a solid week off to travel around seeing Maiden shows, one more day for a new album isn't that crazy.

2 weeks for us here in North America.  Can't wait!

Donner said:
Am I the only one who's going to wait and listen to this on the release date?

I already heard the samples, I caved, I was weak.

But experiencing a new album by my favorite band cranked for the first time loud on the stereo, booklet in hand, is one of my most treasured experiences.  One that I will not ruin by downloading.  I've waited 4 years, I can wait 2 more weeks.

That may be just me though, I guess I'm old school that way.  I've enjoyed each new Maiden album since Fear of the Dark this way.

Well it actually has to leak first.  If we're under a week then I'll wait.  God, we had AMOLAD what...4 weeks in advance, at least?  I'm of the mind that I'd download anything early if it's any kind of early...(closer to 2 weeks out).  I always buy anyhow and I've already turned friends on to the album.  I'll be there when Best Buy opens on the 17th.  I never just download.  I look at it as a preview copy.
HallowedBeMyName said:
Not too big into Bruce's solo career, but I love Tattooed Millionaire, and Silver Wings from his "Best of" is just a flat out, amazing track.

I'd say I prefer Accident Of Birth, The Chemical Wedding, and A Tyranny Of Souls to all of their 90s releases.  If the first two, especially, had been Maiden albums...they'd be solid middle of the pack to upper 1/3 for me.

Private Benjamin Breeg said:
Well it actually has to leak first.  If we're under a week then I'll wait.  God, we had AMOLAD what...4 weeks in advance, at least?  I'm of the mind that I'd download anything early if it's any kind of early...(closer to 2 weeks out).  I always buy anyhow and I've already turned friends on to the album.  I'll be there when Best Buy opens on the 17th.  I never just download.  I look at it as a preview copy.
I'd say I prefer Accident Of Birth, The Chemical Wedding, and A Tyranny Of Souls to all of their 90s releases.  If the first two, especially, had been Maiden albums...they'd be solid middle of the pack to upper 1/3 for me.

AMOLAD leaked on to private trackers about 2 1/2 weeks early, and made it's way to the mainstream sites about a week before release.  Strangely I just had this exact conversation over on the official IMFC forum.

Its release date in some countries was almost 10 days before the U.S. release so to some it seemed like it leaked very early, though in reality it wasn't very far off from the Italian and German release dates.

God I would swear I had that album a full four weeks before it came out.
Twarkle said:
AMOLAD leaked on to private trackers about 2 1/2 weeks early, and made it's way to the mainstream sites about a week before release.  Strangely I just had this exact conversation over on the official IMFC forum.

Its release date in some countries was almost 10 days before the U.S. release so to some it seemed like it leaked very early, though in reality it wasn't very far off from the Italian and German release dates.

You're absolutely right!!  I'm sorry.  I just looked on my computer and I have the mp3 files from 30 August, which is even LESS than one week.  Oh my god....my mind is going.  :D  Why do I think that was earlier???  (not seeking an answer to my own insanity here)  ;)

Perhaps because we got official previews of 3 songs on the site in mid July?

And Twarkle is correct, us in North America had to wait nearly 2 weeks after the Euro/German release.  That was friggen agonizing.

AMOLAD leaked on August 23rd, wednesday - 5 days before the official release date; the album was pre-released in Germany with listening party and everything, on August 25th).

Jeffmetal said:
AMOLAD leaked on August 23rd, wednesday - 5 days before the official release date; the album was pre-released in Germany with listening party and everything, on August 25th).

It actually leaked before that on a certain private tracker.   ;)  It took  a few days for it to make it's way to the mainstream.

Jeffmetal said:

And in Italy "a matter of life and death" has been released on august 25th,three days before the official release,it was on friday when I went to buy the album. So this year the same thing may happen with "the final frontier".......

No leaks? the waiting is killing me.I have listened to Seventh son,cheamical W.,accidenth,A matter,and fear of the dark during this week.Nervous? nooooooooooooo :bigsmile:

Private Benjamin Breeg said:
I'd say I prefer Accident Of Birth, The Chemical Wedding, and A Tyranny Of Souls to all of their 90s releases.  If the first two, especially, had been Maiden albums...they'd be solid middle of the pack to upper 1/3 for me.

I've heard great things about The Chemical Wedding and Tyranny of Souls, I'd really love to check them out, when I have the time  :)

HallowedBeMyName said:
I've heard great things about The Chemical Wedding and Tyranny of Souls, I'd really love to check them out, when I have the time  :)

MAKE the time. Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back