New album: The Final Frontier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, the consensus reviews really do make it sound like the album gets better and better as it goes on.  For someone who already likes El Dorado, that's great.

It's out in Germany in 11 days, not long to go.  :rocker:

Donner said:
Wow, the consensus reviews really do make it sound like the album gets better and better as it goes on.  For someone who already likes El Dorado, that's great.

It's out in Germany in 11 days, not long to go.  :rocker:

Maybe in Italy too....

...and yet another review:
http://thequietus.com/articles/04733-iron-maiden-the-final-frontier-track-by-track-review

The Clairvoyant said:
Maybe in Italy too....

Really? Some websites here in Italy say that it will be released on 17 august...

ABandOn said:
...and yet another review:
http://thequietus.com/articles/04733-iron-maiden-the-final-frontier-track-by-track-review

Really? Some websites here in Italy say that it will be released on 17 august...

You are correct, Italy is the 17th.  Germany is the only exception.

The Clairvoyant said:
Really ?? I've said that in italy will be released on august 13th because I found this and it says mainland europe august 13 th,anyway :

http://www.bravewords.com/news/143717

Every Italian site has the album as being released on the 17th, including the site linked to from IronMaiden.com.

http://ricerca.dischi.fnac.it/search/quick.do?text=the+final+frontier&category=audio

It's entirely possible that that information is incorrect, I guess we will know soon enough.

Unless this album leaks in the next 24 hours I won't be able to hear it until the official release. I leave tomorrow to catch Maiden in Germany, Finland and Norway. Don't think I'll be that lucky though.

Well, you can always buy a blank media or carry your ipod or any player you might use with its cable, stop by a lanhouse and check if it leaked.

I think I'll probably forget about it once I hit the road. I'll be too busy trying to catch planes! It'll give me something to look forward to when I get back.

Am I the only one who's going to wait and listen to this on the release date?

I already heard the samples, I caved, I was weak.

But experiencing a new album by my favorite band cranked for the first time loud on the stereo, booklet in hand, is one of my most treasured experiences.  One that I will not ruin by downloading.  I've waited 4 years, I can wait 2 more weeks.

That may be just me though, I guess I'm old school that way.  I've enjoyed each new Maiden album since Fear of the Dark this way.

Donner said:

But experiencing a new album by my favorite band cranked for the first time loud on the stereo, booklet in hand, is one of my most treasured experiences.  One that I will not ruin by downloading.  I've waited 4 years, I can wait 2 more weeks.

That may be just me though, I guess I'm old school that way.  I've enjoyed each new Maiden album since Fear of the Dark this way.

To be fair, I agree with you 100%.  However, that doesn't mean that when I find out the album has leaked, that I'll be able to control myself.  You're a better man than I, in that regard!

I agree also. A treasured experience it certainly is.
Im sorry now that I caved in and got the leaked version of AMOLAD, before buying the cd.
It was a diminished experience when you pretty much know the songs.
But Im adamant that im gona stand firm this time around.

I know I'll be a jibbering kid inside the "just goin about my business adult" exterior, as I walk home with
TFF in my hand  :nuts:

Donner said:

I will do the same.  Right now the waiting isn't too painful, it's only 2 weeks, but the real test of nerves starts when the album is leaked but I cannot hear it. Hopefully I can endure it

Well, there's a lot of hypocrisy in not wanting to enjoy the shortcuts internet has to offer 'cos as back in the 80's or 90's, when we knew our fave bands were releasing albums, we'd just think immedeately "Why there isn't a button that as soon as hit, the album will materialize in front of me, ready for a listening before everyone else?"

I said to myself and some mates that if the album didn't leak 'til Monday (today), I won't donwload 'til the release date. Well, it seems that's what's happening. But I agree that taking the booklet and experiencing everything anew is a treasure in these lazy information times. I downloaded AMOLAD and I didn't like the experience and I won't repeat it.

It depends on the person. i already pre-ordered the album, but i will certainly listen to the leak. It doesnt make you less man or less fan if you listen to the leaks, mainly because (in my case of course) im always doing something else while listening to new albums, like lying down on my bed with lights out or playing games. So reading the lyrics in the booklet isnt that much of a difference to me. I will do that when my pre-ordered copy arrives :)

I'm not saying it's bad to download it prior, I'm just saying that I won't.  I can certainly see why one would though, a new Maiden album being released is pretty damn exciting.

This may be, in fact, the least amount I've heard of a new Maiden album going into release day which I find exciting.

When Brave New World came out I heard The Wicker Man everywhere, and "enjoyed" like 32 bit rips of Ghost of the Navigator and Brave New World

When Dance of Death came out I heard Wildest Dreams on the site and Rainmaker and Dance of Death leaks

And with AMOLAD, the 3 songs they streamed on the site (Breeg, Different World and 1000 Suns).

Can't wait.  15 days to go.  I even booked the day off of work.  :edmetal:

Donner said:
I'm not saying it's bad to download it prior, I'm just saying that I won't.  I can certainly see why one would though, a new Maiden album being released is pretty damn exciting.

This may be, in fact, the least amount I've heard of a new Maiden album going into release day which I find exciting.

When Brave New World came out I heard The Wicker Man everywhere, and "enjoyed" like 32 bit rips of Ghost of the Navigator and Brave New World

When Dance of Death came out I heard Wildest Dreams on the site and Rainmaker and Dance of Death leaks

And with AMOLAD, the 3 songs they streamed on the site (Breeg, Different World and 1000 Suns).

Can't wait.  15 days to go.  I even booked the day off of work.  :edmetal:

Boss: "Why do you wanna take a day off?"
Donner: "I have to listen to Iron Maiden´s new album"
Boss: "Me too! you are forgiven'

LOL

At least here on maidenfans i didnt see any "FINAL FRONTIER LEAKED" fake thread so far... on a brazilian Orkut community that just happened ¬¬

Suicidehummer said:
FRIGGIN LEAK ALREADY! :mad:

I'm dying... those samples are what did it... warn the others...
Only 8 more days if it leaks on the 10th. I think we can wait that long. Also, for those of you who are just as impatient and haven't heard Bruce's last 3 solo albums, checking them out will help ease the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back