Mysterious News Announcement on the Official site...

1. They made it pretty obvious if you follow the news.
2. It's your own fault for being insane fans. I was excited, but the guy did confirm that there was no dvd or album or tour news, so...after that? My excitement fell off. It didn't die, it just fell off.
3. Adrian Smith is a major member of Iron Maiden. He has every right to have his side stuff promoted.
4. The band doesn't care if you're mad at their publishing or PR. They've done what any good PR firm does - got you talking. Think they care? If you're pissed off, they're laughing at you.

What a deception. I was hoping for something else than just another second-hand album. It won't change my opinion that Adrian is an highly overrated songwriter, unable to write some decent stuff on his own, Wasted Years, Stranger and SeA of Madness beeing the only exceptions. They should keep all this countdown stuff for Maiden stuff.

Increasing the bollocks factor of your comment: This song was not written by Adrian alone.

For some reason (& this is all that kind of annoys me) some folks seem to think it unpalatable to question the method of distributing this news. Personal insults aside, one can like H (& respect his side-project) but not particularly agree with the pre-announcent on the official IM site. These two views are compatable. It's not disrespectful to Adrian Smith or Iron Maiden to think this news un-meriting of exposure in this manner, on the official site. The merits of the material itself is irrelevant.

Any future announcement (& twitter-guy's tweets) are going to be quite difficult to handle going forward though.

They definitely won't do something like this again for a side project. But they're okay with that.

I don't find it wrong that they did. After all...we might only have this going forward. There's still no guarantee we'll get another album.

For some reason (& this is all that kind of annoys me) some folks seem to think it unpalatable to question the method of distributing this news. Personal insults aside, one can like H (& respect his side-project) but not particularly agree with the pre-announcent on the official IM site. These two views are compatable. It's not disrespectful to Adrian Smith or Iron Maiden to think this news un-meriting of exposure in this manner, on the official site. The merits of the material itself is irrelevant.

Any future announcement (& twitter-guy's tweets) are going to be quite difficult to handle going forward though.

There are two different things going on here:
- how does one like the song
- how does one like the distribution of the news

Compatible eh? Some people can distinguish these matters, but have you noticed that when you look at the complainers (complaining about the way of distributing this news), that you'll only find people who are not that fond of the song itself? I think these people make an error in their judgment (bias!) because they don't separate well enough their song disliking from the distribution. Their judgement is so blurred that they even seem to `forget` that Adrian is a Maiden member of the band. Therefore I am 100% behind LC's one but last post (top page).

Forostar: the "two different things going on" are exactly what I just said! :confused:

Compatible? Yes, if you read what I said: respecting H, but thinking the method inappropriate --read Tron's comments on pg. 5: he is, after the "news" is revealed, the first member to comment on both the method and the song. He seems both critical of the method but fairly favourable to the song. For all it matters. And, I agree, often bias has a nasty habit of swaying the comments of those who under other circumstances would have said otherwise. Ergo, they don't like the announcement method --& automatically critisize the song (without giving it a chance.). As if you can't disagree with one, and like the other. The view, unsurprisingly, I hold. (Although, not particularly strongly.)

[EDIT: So I broadly agree with you! :D]

Why give a damn about how the news were distributed? What matters is the music itself and once again id like to point out that this aint any good stuff. I assume since they put out only one song that this is going to be one of their best songs on the forthcoming album, even so i think they failed miserable with their songwriting, its boring like fook. I can give them credit for the sound though, nothing wrong with that, though it doesnt matter how heavy the music is if you dont put any effort into it. If i listenened to music just cus of the heaviness I might aswell listen to my dishwasher, Heavy, dull and monotonous, just like "I see lights"..... 1/5

--read Tron's comments on pg. 5: he is, after the "news" is revealed, the first member to comment on both the method and the song. He seems both critical of the method but fairly favourable to the song.

Alright, I missed his comment on the method and I can't find it now either. But if that is the case, he would be an exception to what I said.

Heavy, dull and monotonous, just like "I see lights"..... 1/5

Well the riffing is kinda monotone when it comes to tone, indeed (there is more than just one riff though, and he does some cool short patterns now and then) but the vocals aren't. I particularly like the clear voice of Adrian suddenly popping up. Can someone hear what he exactly sings?

I don't have a dishwasher.

You go buy the record on release and you got yourself a dishwasher.

On a serious note id like to say i rly like maiden and some side projects, most stuff coming out of bruce dickinson is great stuff, accident of birth n chemical wedding is excellent albums. i just dont like what i heard out of this side project so far.

You go buy the record on release and you got yourself a dishwasher.

On a serious note id like to say i rly like maiden and some side projects, most stuff coming out of bruce dickinson is great stuff, accident of birth n chemical wedding is excellent albums. i just dont like what i heard out of this side project so far.

Please, spell out all your words. It doesn't take much of an effort to spell 'really' and 'and'. I can quote forum rules if you need.

Anyone remember "Silver and Gold" from Adrian Smith and Project? That was better than this. And that wasn't all that good. Almost...but not quite.

okay, I gave it a week or so. Many listens, with an open mind. ....This isn't good music, at all. The Maiden official sights' teaser wasn't out of line though. It just promised an announcement to Maiden fans. It didn't promise another "Iron Maiden" album or tour or anything else. The end result is disappointing, but it isn't the band or the sights fault. Overall the vocals just suck. Another groaning idiot spewing trash over pretty good guitar riffs, that is all. Better than some of the garbage hitting the airwaves these days, but not good.

I just listened to this the first time, and I guess I need to give it some time. Overall the song is OK, but I'm not sure I like the vocals very much. Maybe it is one of those voices I need to get used to. We'll see.

PRR_AB.jpg

1. No Friendly Neighbour 4.53
2. No Place Like Home 3.06
3. I See Lights 4.59
4. Bright As A Fire 6.21
5. Savage World 3.38
6. Tortured Tone 5.08
7. White Sheet Robes 5.16
8. As Tears Come Falling From The Sky 0.47
9. Awoken Broken 4.58
10. Search For Bliss 4.13
11. Snake Ladders 4.43