Musical prejudice

No, just because it involves women and metal.

I'm sure they're not singing. :p

I also won't listen to anything with post- attached to it. Like post-rock. Hipsterish genre. I don't like hipsters.

I've read that label in magazines time and again, but I have no idea what that is supposed to be. Post-rock, post-metal - :wtf:

Post-rock refers to using the same traditional instruments rock uses, but not in their traditional manner. For example lead guitars play rhythm in staccato.

Most of post-rock bands are boring to shreds but there are some cool stuff.

No psalms of praise? :huh: It must be a total waste of time then.

Too blown away maybe...

Don't know. Not using the traditional instruments rock uses in a rock style would probably be called experimental rock, avant-garde rock, progressive folk or something.

I love it when people describe themselves as avant-garde. It's their hall pass to do shitty music and say people don't get it yet because they're too ahead of their times. You can smell their pretentiousness 10km against the wind.

Agreed. I think it's pretentious to call your music a specific genre in its own right. Saying "We're a rock band" or maybe even "We're a prog band" is fine, but saying "We're an experimental epic symphonic folk band with a bit of salt added on top" is stupid.

Oh my dear Satan, you guys.
You seriously don't listen to any fem vox? Do you even doom, at least?

lol

I've read that label in magazines time and again, but I have no idea what that is supposed to be. Post-rock, post-metal - :wtf:
Post-rock refers to using the same traditional instruments rock uses, but not in their traditional manner. For example lead guitars play rhythm in staccato.

"Post-rock" is a pretty nonsensical term anyway. Whoever invented it must have been entirely unfamiliar with rock music released before 1990 or so.

Priceless. I'd like to nominate this thread for an award, when the new honours system finally becomes available.

I'm not too keen on female vocals either, with a few notable exceptions. I didn't expect to like Lacuna Coil at all, but thought they were good live. The combination of male and female voice works.

As for prejudices....
I really didn't want to like Sabaton. I thought it was especially silly to be named after a piece of foot armour.

I don't like Lacuna Coil but I agree wholeheartedly with the attitude in bold (you don't let prejudice -or expectations, whatever we call this- be in the way of trying something). And yes you are probably tired for not understanding the latter. :)

Well it was just chance I saw them, really, I went to see Paradise Lost and Katatonia.

I don't like Lacuna Coil but I agree wholeheartedly with the attitude in bold (you don't let prejudice -or expectations, whatever we call this- be in the way of trying something). And yes you are probably tired for not understanding the latter. :)

Personally I read that as she DID let prejudice/expectations prevent her from trying it, but they just so happened to be a support act and she enjoyed them ^^

At festivals I usually find there are a lot of bands I either haven't heard of, or have so far had no interest in seeing, but as I happen to be there I may as well go kill time, and have been pleasantly surprised. I still let my expectations make the decision as to whether to pay to go and see them specifically tho :p Why buy tickets for a gig if you don't expect to like the band? If they happen to be there when you go to see a band you ARE interested in and you have nothing else to do with the time, may as well.

You can always arrive late or have a conversation near the garderobe or put (more ;--) crap in your ears . ;)

Back