Misheard lyrics

HAHAHAHA. Absolutely.

Come to think of it, I'll bet there's some other Sabaton gems out there. I'll be listening to all their stuff again in a month or so.

Living on eraser's edge
Bouncing on a ledge
Living on eraser's edge
Bouncing on a edge
Bouncing on a edge and yeah
Living on eraser's edge
Bouncing on her legs, you know, YOU KNOW!

The evil Batman dooleys on and on
The evil Katmandu lives on and on

Practically all of Gott Mit Uns. This part in particular:

On September the seventh
We fell their rocks with fear
Seven times they're intact on that day
Seven times they were treated

The other one is from 1648 too but it's too dirty to post. ::)

Last edited:
1648 really is a mumble fest. I just heard "as the candles press the rose the cereal shakes."

The first time I listened to John Lennon's "God", I heard him sing "I don't believe in cinnamon" and thought it was quite a strange line.

The other one I can think of is Peter Gabriel's "Games Without Frontiers", where Kate Bush sings "jeux sans frontieres" but I always hear it as "she's so funky, yeah".

Wasted Years:
"Soooooo hard to stand…" - considering the title too I seriously thought at first the song was about alcoholism. :bigsmile:

Infinite Dreams:
"He was known to reach new heights…"

Mariner:
I've heard the "Through the fuckin' ice" too

Killers:
"His brothers defy all his needs!" (that reminded me of the original Texas CHS Massacre :halo: )

Powerslave:
"When the light never dies, all around is laid to waste"

Revelations:
"The rights of the blind you'll see, the mirror takes my spine"

I also happen to see the title character of the ROTAM everywhere, so it seems, i. e.:

Sign of the Cross (studio):
"The name of the rose, a Mariner sky…" (when I realized that one was probably not correct, I started to hear "a man in the sky", but still nowhere near the official lyrics)

Alexander the Great:
"And crushed him again at the battle of Arbela - Ancient Mariner and Susa treasures he found…"

And non-IM:

Metallica - Creeping Death:
"…so maybe Richard…" (up to this day I cannot but think of Tom Selleck when hearing that one <_< )

and again Metallica - Of Wolf and Man
I heard Hetfield yelling something like "SHEEP SHIT!", which actually somewhat fits the lyrics too... :blink:

How about these misheard Genesis lyrics? Here's one from Supper's Ready:

"Can't you feel arseholes ignite?"

And here's one from Squonk:

"He's a shy one, he's a sly one...doobidoo?"

Not misheard, but misunderstood:
For 25 years I've thought the beginning of NOTB doesn't work, because:
"I left alone, my mind was blank,
I needed time to think, to get the memories from my mind"
Why did he need time to clean the memories from his mind if his mind was blank. i.e. he didn't have any memories? This has always slightly marred the beginning of the song for me.
So, I was just about to open a thread about "Nonsensical Maiden lyrics" when I thought I'd double-check NOTB. And seeing the words written down, I realised, oh yeah, he needs time to extract the memories from within his mind, because it was blank when he left.

So there you go.

"I left alone, my mind was blank,
I needed time to think, to get the memories from my mind"
Why did he need time to clean the memories from his mind if his mind was blank. i.e. he didn't have any memories?
I know that the sentences are in another order, but:
First he needed time to think, to get the memories from his mind, and then he left alone, his mind was blank (since he got the memories from his mind).

In other words:

He left alone, with a blank mind, and in order to do that properly he needed time to think etc.
The lyrics do not specify specifically what happened first, don't they?

So, I was just about to open a thread about "Nonsensical Maiden lyrics" when I thought I'd double-check NOTB. And seeing the words written down, I realised, oh yeah, he needs time to extract the memories from within his mind, because it was blank when he left.

This seems to make more sense to me then this:

I know that the sentences are in another order, but:
First he needed time to think, to get the memories from his mind, and then he left alone, his mind was blank (since he got the memories from his mind).

In other words:

He left alone, with a blank mind, and in order to do that properly he needed time to think etc.
The lyrics do not specify specifically what happened first, don't they?

Especially when considering the next lines:

What did I see can I believe that what I saw
that night was real and not just fantasy

Just what I saw in my old dreams were they
reflections of my warped mind staring back at me

Seems to me like his mind was blank first, and then he sat alone and tried hard to remember, and now he's not sure that he believes what he remembers.

All in all, I really think the opening line is rather bunk and doesn't make much sense within the context of the rest of the song. How can your mind be blank and then you're remembering all this messed up stuff you just saw? It would make more sense if his mind was blank at the end of the song, having had his memory wiped by the evil or subconsciously trying to hide it from memory because the event was too much to comprehend.

Back