Metallica

I appreciate the effort, but until Rob started singing, I'm not 100% sure I would have deciphered that this was "Killers".
This is basically my feelings on the matter. The doodles are getting a bit tiring by now and took a nosedive once they started attempting vocals on top of the already messy bass + guitar arrangements (not helped by Kirk's inability to stay on tempo or play the friggin' parts correctly) but this is getting to be a new low.

I mean, just compare that earlier disaster to this from London '17:

Wow! It's actually recognizable as a song! I don't wanna rag on them too much, but Rob and Kirk should either learn the songs they're gonna cover properly or just drop them altogether. It's old hat by now anyway.

This is basically my feelings on the matter. The doodles are getting a bit tiring by now and took a nosedive once they started attempting vocals on top of the already messy bass + guitar arrangements (not helped by Kirk's inability to stay on tempo or play the friggin' parts correctly) but this is getting to be a new low.

I mean, just compare that earlier disaster to this from London '17:

Wow! It's actually recognizable as a song! I don't wanna rag on them too much, but Rob and Kirk should either learn the songs they're gonna cover properly or just drop them altogether. It's old hat by now anyway.

I also think the doodles were fine and appreciated until they started messing around with them and played stupid things instead of famous metal acts. I think it just lost credibility after that no matter what they played. They also used to jam Metallica riffs before the London gig and no one had a problem with that

Been watching some videos that Metallica put up on their youtube and well, it's a mixed bag. Pleasently surprised that they played The Thing That Should Not Be in Barcelona, Spain,. But please don't watch it because Lars totally butchers it. He forgets the transitions, drags the hi-hat too much, totally screws up the kicks on the bass drum..eventhough it's a pretty crucial and important part of the song in the verses.

BUT; Then in Brussels Belgium. Harvester of Sorrow. They nailed it. No real errors, Lars doesn't stutter around on his kick pedal. KIrk does well. Yeah this is good, almost like hearing them in the 90s

Last edited:
Been watching some videos that Metallica put up on their youtube and well, it's a mixed bag. Pleasently surprised that they played The Thing That Should Not Be in Barcelona, Spain,. But please don't watch it because Lars totally butchers it. He forgets the transitions, drags the hi-hat too much, totally screws up the kicks on the bass drum..eventhough it's a pretty crucial and important part of the song in the verses.

BUT; Then in Brussels Belgium. Harvester of Sorrow. They nailed it. No real errors, Lars doesn't stutter around on his kick pedal. KIrk does well. Yeah this is good, almost like hearing them in the 90s

I keep saying it, Metallica still kicks major ass. They are in a great form, especially James. Recent setlists have also been very good. I'll be seeing them for the very first time next tuesday and I'm extremely hyped.

The venue is sold out, there will be 55k people. I've never been to a gig that huge.

Edit: That's actually exactly 1% of the entire population of our country. Quite amazing.

Why the fuck did James ever think it was a good idea to start that horrible high pitched style of singing? Is it because he can't properly sing like he used to or does he think it sounds great live?

Why the fuck did James ever think it was a good idea to start that horrible high pitched style of singing? Is it because he can't properly sing like he used to or does he think it sounds great live?
You mean those little screams? I think they sound great. Recently James has added a lot more rasp to his voice which sounds great. There was a long time period when his vocals were completely clean and people complained about that. This more aggressive style is a lot more reminiscent of his 80s style compared to what he did in the late 90s or 00s.

You mean those little screams? I think they sound great. Recently James has added a lot more rasp to his voice which sounds great. There was a long time period when his vocals were completely clean and people complained about that. This more aggressive style is a lot more reminiscent of his 80s style compared to what he did in the late 90s or 00s.
The way he sings "Guilty as charged" and "Death in the air". It sounds horrible as shit!

They tend to upload different songs from each gig so eventually the entire setlist will probably be on youtube.

Back