Metallica

Yes, shame there was nothing more recent on there, I'd call a couple of songs of HTSD and DM underrated too. Maybe Hardwired can't be considered "underrated" if it's new(ish) and the songs are being played live? I don't know. Nice to see "King Nothing" and "Disposable Heroes" get some appreciation, two of my favourite songs there.

Also, "Escape" is not underrated, it's rightfully thought of as crap*. Even James says so.

*Oh, this was fan-voted. Just me, then.

Some Kind of Monster please!
... Great idea since they play the edited single version. It's a really good song (if you heard the single remix featuring a decent production and without the damn barrel snare). Other song out of St. Anger they could also play more often is The Unnamed Feeling (since Frantic is played every now and then).

So the list goes as follows:
  • King Nothing: Cool song. A stomping dark heavy rocker. But Far from my favorite ones.
  • Hero Of The Day: Oh god this song is insalubrious as hell... nice experimentation but I cringe every time I listen to it.
  • Trapped Under Ice: Great thrasher! It's not one of my top songs but definitly underrated.
  • The Unnamed Feeling: Monster dark song buried underneath a shameful excuse of a production and barrel bashing. Super underrated.
  • Escape: Although I think it doesn'tdeserve all the hatred it gets from James but nevertheless it's no more than a generic cool commercial track.
  • Disposable Heroes: Not my favorite thrasher but a great song nonetheless that should be played more often. Underrated.
  • Dyers Eve: One of my favorite top 10 Metallica songs. It's criminal how little they play this beast live. Ultra underrated.
  • Fixxxer: Cool song but it doesn't hold it's length as good as it's twin below thus becoming a bit boring.
  • Bleeding Me: Excelent melody and ambiance... it would be a fair feature but it's a blatant copy of Danzig's Little Whip. Disqualified.
  • The Outlaw Torn: I don't know if this is the most underrated Metallica song ever, but sure as hell it features my top 10 and is absolutely ignored since S&M. Mega underrated.

My list (oldest to newest):
  • Ride The Lightning (Ride The Lightning)
  • Leper Messiah (Master Of Puppets)
  • Shortest Straw (... And Justice For All)
  • Frayed Ends Of Sanity (... And Justice For All)
  • Dyers Eve (... And Justice For All)
  • The Outlaw Torn (Load)
  • Some Kind Of Monster (St. Anger)
  • The Unnamed Feeling (St. Anger)
  • Suicide And Redemption (Death Magnetic)
  • Dream No More (Hardwired)

Watching this…makes me think in all that people who is sitting there and even don't react to Killers song from Maiden, because they don't know what song is, and if they don't know it they aren't true metal fans and just they're watching a Metallica gig because they're cool...It's a fucking shame!
Will they know Judas Priest or another classic metal bands? I doubt it

Watching this…makes me think in all that people who is sitting there and even don't react to Killers song from Maiden, because they don't know what song is, and if they don't know it they aren't true metal fans and just they're watching a Metallica gig because they're cool...It's a fucking shame!

The playing was bad too, they butchered it. I had to go listen to the original to clean my ears.

It's not like Metallica fans are just some random idiots

From the angle that the video was shot in, it's very hard to actually gauge the audience reaction. The people on the side that you can see are VERY far from the stage. So the intensity and involvement is naturally a bit more low-key there.

So most of them probably do *know* the song but the surroundings and the social etiquette are perhaps holding some of them back from goin' too crazy.

And also, yes, what @PieceofMind89 said. This part of the show is truly stupid and I wish they would stop doing it.

I don't see hands or fists in the air when they playing Killers, I don't hear wows or roars from people that are from London and UK and they must know who are Iron fuckin Maiden but they don't.
And to be honest…I don't want to a concert to sit down like if it was a opera or a soccer match. I want to feel the music
I know a couple of guys who were introduced to 'metal' in the fashion boom of Metallica's Black album and Guns and Roses Use your Illusions albums. They go to their concerts and since 91 they don't know and don't listen other metal bands (or they don't want to), I'm sure alll that people are like these two guys.

Back