Metallica

Enter Sandman is the only song on the album I really like but man it’s the perfect rock song.

I can't stand Enter Sandman, Nothing Else Matters and Sad But True. The rest is passable to very good. There's not much highs for me on this album, song wise, Unforgiven and Wherever... best songs, only ones on par with the previous albums.

I'd rather say that Megadeth really "happened" in the 90's (while being very slightly not ready to compete with Metallica in the 80's), while Metallica were already sloughing in the same period (for better or for worse).
As for the end of the decade, I'd still take Reload (or Garage Inc. , or S&M) over Risk any day.

Well put. I also agree on Risk but I would still take Cryptic Writings, Youthanasia and Countdown over anything Metallica did in 90's.

@Diesel 11 You still haven't answer how you managed to listen whole St. Anger and Lulu (!) and skipped the rest of their discography. #AskingTheRealQuestions
Considering AJFA, well, I may be a little biased. It was one of (if not) the first rock/metal albums I've ever heard.

To join on a James - Lars relationship discussion. This weekend I watched Some Kind of Monster again. There is a scene when James entered rehab and said he is worried they talk behind his back when he leaves (he could work only 4 hours a day) and then make decisions without him. To that Kirk answers: "That's how I feel for past 15 years." I mean, that right there sums up whole Kirk up to that point and probably 15 years onward. He did admit he doesn't want his ego involved, but then again you can see some sort of regret for not maybe standing up for himself. Or maybe it looks like it. I don't who here compared him to Dave Murray. Dave doesn't have ego, but he also looks like he doesn't even think about that. Kirk does.

Considering Black album: To me it's a perfect album which describes turning point from 80's to 90's Metallica. Starts great, mellows to good, becomes predictable, fades into mediocrity.

Back