Metallica

METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich told the San Francisco radio station 107.7 The Bone in an interview last month that the band has something coming up in December that will surprise fans. Asked what the group had in store for the immediate future, Ulrich explained, "There's a very interesting thing coming our way in December . . . There's another frontier heading in METALLICA's direction in December. Which, if anybody (at the band's management) even knew that I just said what I just said, they would hunt me down and silence me. But there is another frontier coming in December, which we're very excited about."

During a roundtable with a group of journalists in London, England last week, Ulrich was asked for more clues as to what this "frontier" might be. "'Lulu Part 2' — just to piss everybody off!" he jokingly replied before adding, "I believe that there's an announcement on October 8. But don't hold me to that, I've been a little caught up in [the new METALLICA movie, 'Metallica Through The Never']. It's not anything of that magnitude… There may be a few of you that would be disappointed; it's not anything quite at that level."

He continued: "I found myself telling one of your colleagues earlier, there's an IRON MAIDEN album called 'The Final Frontier'. So I'll borrow that from my interview an hour ago, and say, 'My clue will be the IRON MAIDEN album 'The Final Frontier'. There you go."

o_O

Well, this makes me curious indeed.

There's another frontier heading in METALLICA's direction in December.

What could that be...

"Another frontier" is curious indeed, & "heading in METALLICA's direction" is an odd expression to use. The Maiden TFF reference is clearly just the connection of the word "frontier" though, which he'd already said. There can't be any other connection you wouldn't think. What is he chuntering on about?

So it's another frontier but it's not something as big as the movie release. Another collaboration, maybe? Another cover album? An opening of an art show or Metallica museum or something?

Right, I think I've got it. Metallica are going announce they've all signed up as astronauts with Branson's Virgin Galactic. (Lars is booked in to sit beside Ashton Kutcher! :p) That's an exclusive, btw. Sorry, Lars, for spoiling that for you. Make sure you get your wee cock out, up there, for Steve & all of us at Maidenfans...

Maybe he's talking about the final frontier as in Star Trek. Starfleet HQ is going to be at San Francisco, Metallica are based there.

Yeah, it will definitely be a big disappointment after he's hyped it like this. Remember when a surprise announcement was hyped up on Iron Maiden's website and it just turned out to be Adrian Smith's side project? Most of us were like "That's it?":whogivesafuck::D

Back