Metallica

Chris Cornell probably had friends/fans in the industry like Miley. He was certainly famous enough to have those connections.

s a genuine desire to have the craic in his memory, not about the fans or the cameras but just a bunch of musicians bein musicians. And as a side note, Miley Ray can sing, she does a crackin version of Jolene.

Even so, it's a bunch of musicians being musicians within their own little "musician" bubble. ..Which is what hollywood is all about. Also Jimmy Kimmel and Jack Black on show to talk about "Rock n Roll". Please.....

And yes, like Mosh said. This is all of Cornell's most famous and industry friendly friends....That doesn't cast a better picture on the whole thing though...

And as a side note, Miley Ray can sing, she does a crackin version of Jolene.

I've heard that before, good cover. She certainly has one hell of a voice, she did a brilliant cover of Arctic Monkeys' "Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?" too. Was better to listen to than watch though.

Jack Black is very much into his rock and metal.

Excuse me for playing the Cynic again but...So? A lot of people are into rock n' roll...Jack, or, Thomas Jacob Black, as he is known in real life is an actor who probably genuinly likes rock n' roll but also earns money for a living portraying rock n roll loving caracter Jack Black.

For example in School of Rock or in Tenacious D, a hollywood formed comedy rock duo/theater group , formed by actors...and salesmen :devil2:

Even so, it's a bunch of musicians being musicians within their own little "musician" bubble. ..Which is what hollywood is all about. Also Jimmy Kimmel and Jack Black on show to talk about "Rock n Roll". Please.....

And yes, like Mosh said. This is all of Cornell's most famous and industry friendly friends....That doesn't cast a better picture on the whole thing though...
I get yer cynicism and its always my go to thought process; Who benefits? What are their motives? But I don't always end my thought process there. If you are too cynical then they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. People don't always have an ulterior motive. I've been to local memorial gigs. Nobody made any money or got publicity, it was just for the craic, for the memories. Just because people are rich and famous doesn't mean the can't have the same intentions as 'normal' people.

RE Jack Black. Tenacious D have provided me with some damn fine memories. Tribute may not be the best song in the word but it does a damn good impression of it.

Note to Mosh; indeed, not worth gettin worked up over but the wife is asleep and Im on my second bottle of wine so whadda ya gonna do?

Excuse me for playing the Cynic again but...So? A lot of people are into rock n' roll...Jack, or, Thomas Jacob Black, as he is known in real life is an actor who probably genuinly likes rock n' roll but also earns money for a living portraying rock n roll loving caracter Jack Black.

For example in School of Rock or in Tenacious D, a hollywood formed comedy rock duo/theater group , formed by actors...and salesmen :devil2:

So Tenacious D isn't "pure" enough for you? That is silly. Tenacious D is a successful rock band, no matter what its origin is. A comedian/actor who fronts a successful rock band is a pretty damn accurate pick for the occasion.

Well first and foremost no one is getting worked up over anything. I believe I'm free to call out a hollywood TV show as I see it :p

I also like Tenacious D ´, they're funny but lets not kid ourselves and call them a band. They're a show. A funny one.

Aye, not close to worked up either. That said, the D rule, motherfucker! The Roadie rocks and the Roadie knows. Fact. Do I consider them a proper band? Naw. Are they great? Yes. Steel Panther, much like the D, would have been massive if they were around in the 80s. Steel Panther are strange. Music is great but they wont ever be taken seriously. If they had normal lyrics they would never be as big as they are now. Still, I'll be seein them live in 2 weeks :shred:

Back