Metallica to enter studio in March or April

Forostar said:
Might be off-topic indeed, but I'll answer once more (in this topic).

I stick to my point: Just like Metallica (did in the past) I think Maiden -from time to time- tries to appeal to a broader audience (which isn't necessary imo). Another example of that is the selection of an edited version of Coming Home, as a radio single. See my post about that here.

Right. I do agree with you when you say that bands like Iron Maiden and Metallica don't need to appeal to an even wider audience, but I do also believe such attempts are made because there are corporate interests at play in the day-to-day life of such "heavyweights", so if they make lots of money, their label will probably want to try and make even more. Of course I don't think this gives a bad name to the bands themselves, it's just the way record labels work.

To get back on topic, I don't think there's anything wrong with 'tallica playing Lollapalooza and the Irons playing Pukkelpop. As long as there's people who want their dose of great metal music, it's all good IMO.

Maybe this will find Zare in agreement with me: Lars Ulrich is an asshole.

Yea they are more popular than ever. Sure they might suck, but they sure as hell aren't dead.

Mustard-pieces: Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets, ...And Justice For All
Awesome: Kill 'Em All, Death Magnetic, Metallica
Good: Load
Bad: ReLoad
Horrible: St. Anger

5/5: All 80's albums, Metallica and Death Magnetic.
3/5: Reload
2/5: Load
-∞/5: St. Anger

Masterpieces: RTL, AJFA, MOP
Great: KEA
Alright: Black Album, DM
Bad: Load and Reload

St. Anger

This is the most excited I have been about new Metallica material in a while, Death Magnetic really put some life back in the band

bearfan said:
This is the most excited I have been about new Metallica material in a while, Death Magnetic really put some life back in the band
This, I hope they make it heavier, and to be honest I much prefer Hetfields vocals in the first 4 albums, particularly the first one, it just suits the music more.

bearfan said:

Death Magnetic really reawakened my interest in the band after many years of indifference, I am eager to hear where they take it from DM.

Yep, Death Magnetic is a good album, but I don't think it's aged as well as I'd like, especially most of the songs from the 2nd half. However, there were some really good signs from it, and if Metallica can build on it, then I think the next album cold be even better.
Masterpieces: Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets
Awesome: Kill 'Em All, ...And Justice For All,
Good: Metallica, Death Magnetic
Decent: Load

And that other album doesn't even deserve to be mentioned.

Unknown One said:
Masterpieces: Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets
Awesome: Kill 'Em All, ...And Justice For All,
Good: Metallica, Death Magnetic
Decent: Load

And that other album doesn't even deserve to be mentioned.
Agreed :yes:

I love all of Metallica's albums!  :ok:

Their classic albums, such as "Master Of Puppets" and "...And Justice For All" are two of my favorite heavy metal albums.

...I'm anxious to see what Metallica does next...and I'm interested in the Metallica unreleased vaults as well...I'm hoping there is all kinds of unreleased stuff in the vaults that Metallica can release after they stop making new albums.  Only if they release it physically though, not digitally as a download or something.

TFF 01 said:
I love all of Metallica's albums!   :ok:

Their classic albums, such as "Master Of Puppets" and "...And Justice For All" are two of my favorite heavy metal albums.

...I'm anxious to see what Metallica does next...and I'm interested in the Metallica unreleased vaults as well...I'm hoping there is all kinds of unreleased stuff in the vaults that Metallica can release after they stop making new albums.  Only if they release it physically though, not digitally as a download or something.
That would be a bit hypocritical wouldn't it?

They sued Napster. To release something as download only is hypocritical.

Back