Metallica Survivor 2013: Results Thread - Fade to Black wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
I find it hard to think of a duller instrumental than Orion when it comes to 1980s metal, or even metal in general. Well, alright: (Anesthesia) - Pulling Teeth and perhaps also To Live is to Die.
Master of Puppets definitely is an overrated album but I'd still give it 5/5, 4,5/5 at worst. The reason why I don't like it as much is because there's a certain lack of atmosphere on that album to go along with a weak production.
I find that it lacks some inspiration and it sounds tame. The previous albums have so much more energy. I never thought of the possibility but today (and thanks to this survivor) I realize that I enjoy the debut album more than Master of Puppets. A real re-discovery.

Ride The Lightning sets itself apart because of some really nice melodies, solos and harmonies (the Maidenish ending harmony in Fade To Black still sends shivers down my spine!). Also this album contains a lot of variety.

Master of Puppets is the more successful/popular album but apart from a few tracks I miss the melodic/catchy-aspects from its predecessor. My favourite tracks are the title track and Welcome Home (Sanitarium). Of course there are some amazing riffs but some tracks tend to bore more me sooner. There’s also less variety, especially the mood feels the same most of the time.

Eliminated:
Jump in the Fire
Whiplash
The Thing That Should Not Be

Promoted:
The Four Horsemen
Seek & Destroy

I'm more unhappy with the Damage Inc/Leper Messiah hate.

Back