Metallica Survivor 2013: Results Thread - Fade to Black wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
We certainly did but I don't remember Burton from that discussion.

Will give it special attention when I play it, soon. Have played it often in the past and was never thrilled by the lack of variation, but this time I'll pay special attention to the bass and see if it changes the whole picture.
I think variation would ruin it. It's a simple motif that constantly builds up. I think it's a cool idea and was executed perfectly. But if they tried doing that again it wouldn't work, it's one of those one time things. I can understand why you wouldn't like that though.

I think variation would ruin it. It's a simple motif that constantly builds up. I think it's a cool idea and was executed perfectly. But if they tried doing that again it wouldn't work, it's one of those one time things. I can understand why you wouldn't like that though.

I'd actually recommend Foro to go watch the S&M version of Ktulu, no it isn't better than the original but sort of adds more oomph to it and what Mosh said here is very correct I think, a simple motif that keeps on intensifying until the final crescendo, the orchestra really adds to that on S&M. I think Cliff would have loved it. Having the orchestra on there also gives it a more cinematic/horror movie soundtrack type feel, which @Forostar definitely should appreciate given his love for that genre ;)

Same sessions I thought.

Nah, "I Disappear" was at least 2 years earlier when Jason was still in the band. It does have at least that slight edge on St. Anger.

As for S&M, definitely worth a listen. Some of the versions on there are absolutely astounding. The slower songs and instrumentals especially have such a wonderful depth to them with the orchestra.

So I decided to put No Leaf Clover with Load and Minus Human with ReLoad. Hope that's alright with everyone :)

Eliminated:
No Remorse
Trapped Under Ice

Master of Puppets joins the battle!

Back