Metal with female vocals

No way, it's a blasphemy to even put Amaranthe in the same sentence with Nightwish and Epica. Amaranthe is basically pop disguised with heavy guitars and drums. One of the worst bands ever.

Crucified Barbara has apparently released a new album. Watched some live-recording of a festival show on the youtube a while ago and wasn't impressed by the band, but I guess an all female metal band is quite unique anyway. Sounds like a punk-version of Mötley Crüe.

Wow!

Lol look at this pic. The head on the left really looks photoshopped. Badly photoshopped:
arch-enemy-with-loomis.jpg

Ridiculous. As if they really took the body of his predecessor and pasted the new guy's head on top of it. Muhahahah this is idiotic and so amateuristic!

Totally bad Photoshop job right there by the band's management. Why would they color that poor girl's hair like a tennis shoe and give her a lip ring?!

"Arsis will be opening up?"

edit:

Erm, you're probably referring to:
"Maybe the band will even convince him to stick around after 2015 and help write their next album."

:D

Arsis changes members a lot, that's the joke :p

It's not clear if Loomis is a full-time member now, they didn't specify it. I really hope he stays and records an album with them.

Has anyone here seen Arch Enemy play? They're playing in December and I'm wondering whether to check them out. I don't have any of their stuff, and don't get a chance to get out much, so I'd be interested to hear what they're like live.

Embarrassed to say I only heard them for the first time the other day (on the normally pop punk-dominated Scuzz TV of all places). If there's a date in my neck of the woods I might go see them.

Edit: Manchester December 19. That's doable, even if it means I now have no weekends left for Christmas shopping, thanks to Slash and Sabaton.

I haven't seen them but I can assure you that they are a very solid live band (from the DVDs I've seen). If you like the music, big chance that a gig will be way cooler.

Back