Metal from your home country: name you favorite band and post one song for each metal sub genre.

Have you ever listened to Brutus? I don't know if they're your type of thing but damn... Nest is one monster of an album.
Thanks for the tip, @karljant.
Their name didn´t ring a bell but listened to a few songs on YT. Not really my cup of tea but some nice sounding parts in certain songs.
Might delve into them abit deeper when I have more time.

Here's the nominees for best Hard Rock/Metal album in the Junos for 2021 (Canadian music awards):

Here's the nominees for best Hard Rock/Metal album in the Junos for 2021 (Canadian music awards):

No Devin or Voivod...

fb872f779d5674fc619241e42c94583a.gif

A band I've been meaning to check out, might put them on spotify later, I'm aware of Needle in the Groove and that Pat McManus is a tasty guitar player.
Aye Pats class. He used to play regular in my local bar, I was flabbergasted at the genuine rock star quality and ability until someone told me of his earlier exploits. Hes still on the circuit, or will be when it exists again.

My favorites from here is Pagan’s mind, Immortal and Satyricon. I also like many black metal bands and some other metal bands like Borknagar, Susperia, Arcturus.

Going to add some way back Canadian proto-metal to LC's collection:

Good stuff but "proto metal" label is highly inadequate.

Good stuff but "proto metal" label is highly inadequate.

This forum has a lot of posters who regard very little pre-NWOBHM music as "metal" even including much of that which was universally regarded as "metal" in 1980. The most prominent examples of that are Led Zeppelin and Rush, who are very much contemporaries of Triumph.

I picked "proto-metal" to reflect that, but I'm sure there are better terms. What would you use?

Back