Metal from your home country: name you favorite band and post one song for each metal sub genre.

I remember you´ve mentioned them earlier before in the Now Playing thread. :)
Their Second Attack was the first metal album I owned, a Polish pressing vinyl from the Polish cultural centre in Sofia back in the 1980s so I have a soft spot for them.
And I still think the album is pretty good actually, give it a spin some day.

Their Second Attack was the first metal album I owned, a Polish pressing vinyl from the Polish cultural centre in Sofia back in the 1980s so I have a soft spot for them.
And I still think the album is pretty good actually, give it a spin some day.
Really cool that was your first album!
Have you heard their debut album too?
I´ve listened to samples of it, less speed metal there though.

There is only one "Metal" band that has gained mainstream success here in Mexico and that's Moderatto. Personally I don't like them. They're like if Kiss and Motely Crue had the ugliest mexican baby.

As popular as the genre is in Latin America there are few prominent bands. Obviously Brazil has Angra and Sepultura, but Argentina has Rata Blanca, an amazing band from way back in the 80s. Colombia has Equinosis (or something like that), which is only popular because their guitarist left and became one of the biggest pop stars of the 2000s.... Juanes.

This forum has a lot of posters who regard very little pre-NWOBHM music as "metal" even including much of that which was universally regarded as "metal" in 1980. The most prominent examples of that are Led Zeppelin and Rush, who are very much contemporaries of Triumph.

I picked "proto-metal" to reflect that, but I'm sure there are better terms. What would you use?

I think you've answered yourself here - I'm one of the other guys that believes metal was discovered in 1970. So I wouldn't call Triumph proto because I reserve that label for something very early on, or before 1970. The song is from '81 and I would simply call it heavy metal.

Kick ass stoner, from a kick ass band. I've seen them before 30+ years. I was a kid and the venue was so small I could touch them if I wanted to. Argyris, their longtime singer was still playing drums.
It never happened to see them playing live again, but I got to know a few people from their universe since that time. Their second album Use (1996) is highly recommended, though everything is great, really.

Nightstalker -Children of the Sun, 2012

Brings a smile to my face when I see the Napalm Records animation at the start of a video :D

These sound fun, though, will be listening to more.

Singer sounds like a slightly more interesting Stu Block. Those high notes are awesome.

I guess you could make the argument that there is some similarity to Block in the higher bits, but overall, nah. Really enjoying this, though.

I dunno, he sounds like if Stu sang effortlessly without doing the Barlow impression. But also listening again I picked up on a slight accent which I didn’t hear yesterday, so I may just need to play it again on proper headphones.

Back