Manic Street Preachers

So 22:00 is when Manics hit the stage? It will be 5:00 here more or less the time I wake up. I don’t even run on Mondays, even commenting is doable!

That’s right; they should hit the stage at 22:00 on Sunday.

On a related note, here’s the set they played in Bath yesterday (warm-up show):

1686900905020.jpeg

Some rarely played songs, including one from the New Art Riot EP!

They will play same songs like Maiden or not necessarily?

Speaking of rarities, to me it makes not much difference, I can only recognise a handful of songs and the are all there :)

They will play same songs like Maiden or not necessarily?

Speaking of rarities, to me it makes not much difference, I can only recognise a handful of songs and the are all there :)

:)

Not sure they’ll play the same songs at the festivals. The hits are there, but there are plenty of deep cuts too. Some of those tracks have rarely been played live before and in some cases not played live for over 15 years.

That’s right; they should hit the stage at 22:00 on Sunday.

On a related note, here’s the set they played in Bath yesterday (warm-up show):

View attachment 27773

Some rarely played songs, including one from the New Art Riot EP!
I'm a Manics fan, too, and pleasantly surprised that they not only played tracks from The Holy Bible but also three deep cuts from the underrated Lifeblood album ('1985' and 'To Repel Ghosts' are magnificent), which hopefully will get the same deluxe treatment next year that Know Your Enemy got.

I'm a Manics fan, too, and pleasantly surprised that they not only played tracks from The Holy Bible but also three deep cuts from the underrated Lifeblood album ('1985' and 'To Repel Ghosts' are magnificent), which hopefully will get the same deluxe treatment next year that Know Your Enemy got.

Great to find another fan here!

Nicky Wire announced onstage that there will be a Lifeblood reissue next year. I cannot wait to get it as every Manics reissue has been worth the money.

So the Isle of Wight show started at 22:30. The band played for 1 hour and 20 minutes and this was the setlist:

Motorcycle Emptiness
International Blue
From Despair to Where
You Stole the Sun From my Heart
Still Snowing in Sapporo
Your Love Alone is not Enough (with The Anchoress)
Little Baby Nothing (with The Anchoress)
This is Yesterday (with The Anchoress)
A Design for Life
La Tristesse Durera (Acoustic)
Faster
Walk me to the Bridge
Everything Must Go
Enola/Alone
A Song for Departure
You Love Us
If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next

James Dean Bradfield is a freak of nature: a guitar god and one hell of a singer!

Great radio broadcast. Definitely not produced by Tony Newton.

Last edited:
Manic Street Preachers are this week’s BBC 6 Music Artist in Residence, meaning that they take over and present some shows (essentially 1 hour episodes curated by James Dean Bradfield and Nicky Wire).

Songs for the City:

Songs inspired by Book Titles:

Glastonbury Anthems:

1985 (Best Year For Music Ever):

Last edited:
I will. I Iost it the other day as I din't put any reminder. It's a pity as I woke up just in time and with no running training on Mondays.

Manic Street Preachers are this week’s BBC 6 Music Artist in Residence, meaning that they take over and present some shows (essentially 1 hour episodes curated by James Dean Bradfield and Nicky Wire).

Songs for the City:

Songs inspired by Book Titles:

Glastonbury Anthems:

1985 (Best Year For Music Ever):

So the final 4 episodes curated by the Manics are now available:

Band Instrumentals:

Nicky Wire’s Bass Icons:

James Dean Bradfield’s Guitar Icons:

Music in Another Tongue:

Last edited:
Back