Maiden's future (albums/touring)

Hey guys I got a question for you all. Do you ever notice that when maiden are on stage bruce always jokes around with nicko and janick but never with steve or adrian why is that, do steve and adrian like to do their own thing or dont they want bruce to distract them when playing :)

Because Nicko and Janick have the best sense of humor, and Bruce is right along with them. They have no problem joking around during a show. Davey gets into it sometimes, but mostly just floats around in his own amazing world of sunshine and smiles.

It's no surprise that Bruce and Steve do not get along very well, but have come to accept each other as professionals and musicians. In my opinion, Steve is the star of his own show on stage and Bruce and the others just orbit around him.

Adrian has always been a notoriously serious performer. Just take a look at their performance on German TV in '86 where they were told to lipsynch and play along to their recording. You'll notice everyone's havin' a laugh except for H.

Adrian has always been a notoriously serious performer. Just take a look at their performance on German TV in '86 where they were told to lipsynch and play along to their recording. You'll notice everyone's havin' a laugh except for H.
There are moments during that where you notice Adrian smile at the others having a good time. I'm sure he thought it was funny and had a good time seeing his band mates act silly but he decided not to take part and instead, go along with what they were suppose to do because he probably did take it abit more seriously. I'd like to hear his thoughts on that whole thing. I always wondered why he decided to stay straight laced during that. I would have loved to see him act out like his band mates but at the same time, it just wouldn't be him if he did.
He does seem to take his musicianship more seriously, even when it comes to lip syncing and he always seems to be in his own zone when he's playing. But outside of that, he seems like a pretty laid back, easy going guy.

Adrian was probably protecting his guitar!
A far more likely reason though would be that he wasn't miming in any manner, and was actually playing the entire thing himself, all instruments and vocals! Such is the power of H.

I've always been of the belief that Adrian didn't join in with the rest of the band in that lip-synch video because it was his song, he wanted it promoted, and he felt serious about it. Other than that, yeah, he is a serious performer, and he's more concerned than all other members about messing something up. Shirley's studio diaries have some insight on that. I guess he was the driving force behind dropping Paschendale and Brighter Than a Thousand Suns from the 2010 setlist. They were both his songs, and they reportedly kept screwing them up.

Bruce and Steve on the other hand, aren't best mates as is well-known, and don't seem to have the sort of relationship that allows them to play around with each other in that way.

I guess he was the driving force behind dropping Paschendale and Brighter Than a Thousand Suns from the 2010 setlist. They were both his songs, and they reportedly kept screwing them up.

That's very interesting, and I could definitely see him doing that, though it makes me quite sad. Where did you hear this? I'd love to know more about how they choose certain songs live.

A far more likely reason though would be that he wasn't miming in any manner, and was actually playing the entire thing himself, all instruments and vocals! Such is the power of H.

:ok:

That's very interesting, and I could definitely see him doing that, though it makes me quite sad. Where did you hear this? I'd love to know more about how they choose certain songs live.

I don't remember where I heard that they kept screwing up the two songs, but I remember it was a fairly reliable source. H being behind that is my personal speculation.

So they only could screw up 1000 suns once and decide not to play it again?
And Paschendale would alternate with Dance of Death every 5 shows right?

I thought 1000 Suns sounded good, my impression is they wanted a snappier song to mix in with the newer longer songs

I don't remember where I heard that they kept screwing up the two songs, but I remember it was a fairly reliable source. H being behind that is my personal speculation.
You could find videos on youtube to back this up. I remember Paschendale in particular had some really shaky entrances.

Adrian was probably protecting his guitar!

I've always been of the belief that Adrian didn't join in with the rest of the band in that lip-synch video because it was his song, he wanted it promoted, and he felt serious about it.
Those are exactly the other thoughts I had about that performance.

Adrian is concerned. At least that is what I got out of reading Kevin Shirley's studio diaries for the last three albums. He would also get my money on being the driving force behind a decision to drop or not play a song.

On the Wasted Years "Playback Incident" I just get the feeling that he wouldn't have joined in, whatever the song.

These band dynamics are very interesting.

On the Wasted Years "Playback Incident" I just get the feeling that he wouldn't have joined in, whatever the song.

These band dynamics are very interesting.

I completely agree. I just don't think Adrian finds anything funny about playing music, regardless of whether he has written the song or not. Granted, I'm sure he's a lovely guy and has a good sense of humor, but not when it comes to music composition and performance.

I agree with Crimson Idol - I think the main reason he didn't let go of his guitar is that he saw what Bruce just did with Dave's! You can tell he is enjoying himself though, as Moon Child says.

Was that the last time they were ever asked to mime, do you think?

Back