Maiden's future (albums/touring)

dickinson1978

Ancient Mariner
I havent read anything and i think the next part with No prayer for the dying,Fear of the dark ,X factor and virutal Xii ( my gess ) has to be made,i know its not their most famous era,but people like me started to listen Iron maiden in 90s, so for me will be special and i would love a forrest-stage type with Eddie as a tree.

Here is a show from 92. love the Eddie-bat at the top of the stage ,would be cool if they do it again.

I dont know if this should be a spoiler but probably
at the end of the maiden england history part 3 disc it said, to be continued
and Janick was singing at 11:17, didn't know he did backup vocals.

So my brother and I (both huge Maiden fans) were having this discussion recently, speculating as to where The Greatest Band Of All Time might be going with this thing. It seems that they are re-playing their career in chapters. Now of course they are at the late 80's/7th Son period. Do you think they have a long-term plan to do 2 or 3 more tours covering the Low Point, the Blazies and the God Blessed Reunion Eras? That could run to 2018-20! Also it seems a new studio album, if they are going to do another, should be 2014-15 based on the longest they've gone without a studio album. And, barring some tragedy, I don't think they would just up and retire without a goodbye tour of sorts. This is a lot of potential sweet, sweet action! I'd like to see what other people think about the future of IM to see if I'm foolish to hope for at least one more studio album and a few more tours! :notworthy:

I see them continuing on throughout this next decade, but not past that, unfortunately. By this time 10 years from now, Nicko would be 71 years old. Now of course, that doesn't mean anything; but I highly doubt he'd be able to play a lot of these songs at that age. I hope I am wrong though! The other members would be in their mid-to-late 60's at that time. I would love nothing more than to see these guys play well into their 70's... but I'm being realistic.

Realistically, I see them giving us at least one more album (rumored to be released in 2014, maybe 2015). Then we'll get a tour for that album. Then maybe another History tour, covering 90's material (and maybe post-2000? Don't know if there'd be enough time to separate them both into their own tours?). After that, it's hard to guess: whether or not we'd get another new album, or if it'd be time for them to do a final, farewell tour? Guess only time will tell.

So I see one more album release (maybe two?), and then 3-4 tours (assuming we get a new album tour, a History tour, another possible album tour, and/or a final tour).

Im thinking or hoping
2014, 2015 Album tour
2016, 2017 90's tour
2018, 2019 Album/and 2000's and so on tour
2020 2021 farewell?

2014 - 16th Album
2015 - Album Tour
2016 - Era Tour
2017 - Era Tour or Break
2018 - 17th Album
2019 - Farewell Tour

When they first did the early days tour I was expecting there to be 4 history tours, each encompassing 4 albums as it would coincide well with the 16th album (Early Days, AMOLAD, 2nd History, TFF, 3rd History, New Album, 4th History).

But as they didn't seem to follow that pattern with album groupings, and we instead got SBiT, and now Maiden England (which both had SSOASS tracks in.. so album wise they're covering the same ones again) can't really give some sort of estimate on history tours. I can't imagine they'll do a history one for the reunion era as it's so recent. History tours in general are odd to me... the first one being purely those 4 (and nothing but the standard 3 from NOTB! Grr) I expected either the next 4, or a "Only songs that existed up to that period in time", yet FOTD was thrown in there.

Err, I digress. I would imagine there is 2 more albums left tops, I don't know if Maiden really strike me as the type of band to do a "Farewell" tour, even if just because it rarely IS a farewell tour.. there's always some sort of "Oh well we had so much fun that...".

That interview didn't actually quote him, they were more or less making an assumption.

Autumn 2014 - Album
Late 2014 > autumn 2015 - Album tour(s)
Summer 2016 > 2017 - 90's Hx tour(s)
Late 2018/early 2019 - Album (17th & last)
Summer 2019 > 2020 - Album tour, with increasing talk of band future; "farewell tour" mooted; Steve undecided...
2021 - Following end of 17th album tour, after break, band announce an end to touring & albums.
Over this period: Adrian & Bruce & Steve all release solo/side-project albums. Only Steve tours.

I'm guessing a new album next year followed by a tour. Then, some sort of history tour and one, final album followed by some final, farewell tours for however long Nicko can go on drumming.

I really hope that they stay like rolling stones, until 60s, maybe Bruce not jumping and running as today,but Mick jagger still got it. I really hope that they not quit in 15 years.That would be a sad day for me,but obiusly i know that my loved band since childhood had the guts to say,we cant go on the road longer

i dont want them to end like this

And lest do one question...........what if they retire of tours and they only make records and only one show in London for each álbum

Rather than have them call it quits at a selected date, I'd like for them to be able to objectively decide that the quality of performances/music is declining and decide to end it before they become a shell of their former selves. Doesn't matter if it's in 2013 or 2033, as long as they stay true to themselves.

Rather than have them call it quits at a selected date, I'd like for them to be able to objectively decide that the quality of performances/music is declining and decide to end it before they become a shell of their former selves. Doesn't matter if it's in 2013 or 2033, as long as they stay true to themselves.

I really think that they could retire of big tours and with time in his houses make records maybe in two years or three and showing the to the world in and Iron Maiden festival in uk.

Maybe. Though Maiden's charm has always been in their live act. I'd be very sad to see that be scaled down to occasional concerts. Also, they pour so much money into their live show that if they didn't take it on tour I imagine they'd stop with the big productions. Which would also be a shame.

I'm also not thrilled about Judas Priest doing this. Though their live show is definitely starting to lose steam, as the latest DVD shows (though the concerts I saw on this tour were absolutely amazing). I like Priest's new material, but I don't like the idea of them turning into a studio only band.

I know most of you really dont like fear of the dark álbum,but for the people that were kids in 90s this is......amazing.For me the best era maiden england and fear of the dark.Obiusly its about meanings in my life and you have yours.But enjoy a band ans his fierece in 92

Well true, as long as they can pull it off. It just wouldn't feel the same I guess. Maybe I can explain better after I've slept some.

Back