Maiden's future (albums/touring)

I think this is quite a good example of Eddie being used to symbolise something though - it's not necessary to the interpretation that the song's protagonist is actually supposed to be Eddie.

I agree, I've always felt that Eddie was used as a stand-in for whatever character they wanted to portray. The Seventh Son, Ben Breeg, etc.

But as Prime Minister, Bruce could give great Churchillian speeches, and return the British Empire to its former greatness. Bruce would not be ashamed to wave the British flag, no matter how tattered it may be.

Yep, I've been to his restaurant.
Shouldn't be a problem though, politicians are best when they are out of the country...
Why do you think we keep sending 0bama on vacation? :D

Why, is he good at driving, or a petrolhead?
Well, according to John McMurtrie he "drives cars way to fast!" Elsewhere in the Flight 666 book he is seen kart racing at Interlagos and Santiago and also haring around Interlagos in a supercharged Porsche 911, scaring the willies out of his Times journalist passenger in the process.

I haven't so far been able to find copies of any of these pictures on the web but I found this slightly more recent one, which seems to have been taken in Curitiba in 2011 when he went kart racing with Ricardo Zonta and Julio Campos (the bloke in the check shirt is Kevin Shirley I think). The website is in Portuguese so I can't read the text but from what I've managed to deciper, Julio Campos seems to be quite complimentary of Bruce's skills:
auto122.jpg

(A link to the original website, in case anyone's interested and does understand Portuguese: http://www.esportesite.com.br/2011/...com-julio-campos-e-ricardo-zonta-em-curitiba/).:)

I can't see them wanting to tour for a new record again so soon next year. I think it will probably be 2015 for the next UK tour, making it a 4 year gap for many.

Supposing the album comes out in 2015, and there's a tour that year - don't they normally do a US tour first with a European/world tour the following year? So we might be waiting until 2016. :eek:
Just a happy thought to consider on a Sunday night...:p

Scary thought - I might have passed a significant birthday before they play in the UK again. :eek:

Back