Maiden United

It's just not enough for me to make sure he is never axcepted here. I'm just so damn liberal that I can't help myself but to find everywhere he goes. I just feel I must make sure he is never excepted, but I always eccept serial killers.

I've tried to find Delta elsewhere. Never turned up there under that username, but I did find some other slightly humorous instances of him.

For example, on a vaguely illegal-looking website that includes video game footage, he had the following to say: "This Mission is Hard but its easier because I cheat, In the windy hills section I cheat and go on top of one them and cut down right through to get to the pilot, Its so easier and the mines dont explode on the top of that hill"

Given the typing style, it's definitely him. Although (the comment was 6 months ago) he has added more capitals since then.
Actually, that typing style seems to be some sort of trend. I've seen it several times since, mostly on youtube comments. Still makes no sense at all though.

Yeah, I don't get the "extra effort to look stupid" thing. I've seen one other person use it, before. I recall it being in a large chat, and I recall being irritated enough by his refusal to type without Every Word Being Capitalized that I left the chat.

The interesting thing is, NONE of those people are willing to give an actual reason why they do it. They just evade by saying things like "that's how I'm used to typing."

...And the thread has been completely sidetracked due to the similarity of its topic to the name of another forum.

Maidenfans United. It's a dreadful place
Funny thing, I actually became a member of Maidenfans United before coming here and quickly discovered I really didn't like that place at all so I most certainly agree that it's a dreadful place. I'll still go on there very rarely just to kind of see what's up but eh. I've found this place and here is my home. :D Everyone is just more fun and welcoming here.

We're glad that you are here with us Moon Child! :clap:

One of us, One of us!
zombie_smiley.gif

We've always thought of this board as a pleasant alternative to all those other fanboards out there, and tried to put quality over quantity. So what if we're not the biggest Maiden board, and we don't have the most members or a thread-a-minute, I prefer it this way.

We're glad that you are here with us Moon Child! :clap:

One of us, One of us!
zombie_smiley.gif
Aww, thanks! :D
We've always thought of this board as a pleasant alternative to all those other fanboards out there, and tried to put quality over quantity. So what if we're not the biggest Maiden board, and we don't have the most members or a thread-a-minute, I prefer it this way.
That is very well put. Forums that are more welcoming to it's members are a lot better than ones that have members that act like stuck up know-it-alls and because your a newbie, they make sure you feel like one.

The size of this place is a big part of why I like it so much. It isn't too small or too big. There's a really nice sense of community here.

Very true, I've never seen a forum before this one, let alone a heavy metal forum, where there was actually a rule mandating good grammar. I think that says a lot about how intelligent this forum is and how intelligent this segment of Maiden's fanbase is. If anyone ever says that all metalheads are all dumb, suicidal teenaged failures, you can just point them here and win that debate.

I joined MFU a couple of months back, before I found this place. Certainly more welcoming and more open to discussion here;)

They have a new album coming out later this month. If people would like to hear some calm, moody versions of Maiden songs, check out this trailer:

(Seven Deadly Sins I)
1. Only The Good Die Young
2. 2 Minutes to Midnight
3. Prowler
4. Flash of the Blade
5. Children of the Damned
6. Infinite Dreams
7. 22 Acacia Avenue
8. The Evil That Men Do
9. Wasted Years
(Seven Deadly Sins II)

I particularly like that (short!) fragment of Infinite Dreams, which features Perttu Kivilaakso of Apocalyptica playing cello as well as on "The Evil That Men Do".

Wow, very Pink Floyd-like for a Maiden cover. Like it.

/resurrect

New song from their new album:

Honestly, I prefer it to the original. This is a cool project.

A very fine rendition of Still Life. The singer is very good, and doesn't try to sound like Bruce - and the arrangement is also very good. If there's one thing I miss, it's a fast violin solo where the original has a guitar solo part, but it's still a good version without one.

I appreciate what they're doing but sometimes I miss something in their performance. Take this cover of Still Life: Well sung, good arrangement, good production.
But the intensity stays the same. Flat is the correct word I guess.

Also a forum that requires one to register before actually seeing any content is a big red flag. Thats an easy way to generate users, even if probably more than half of them aren't even active.

OT:
I can't listen to the songs right now, but certainly will. My dream is to hear a version of "For the greater good of God" à la military tattoo drum style. That would be so epic but will probably never happen.

Back