Maiden United

These guys are really, really good... their cover of Children of the Damned is blowing my mind as I write...

They have a new album coming out later this month. If people would like to hear some calm, moody versions of Maiden songs, check out this trailer:

(Seven Deadly Sins I)
1. Only The Good Die Young
2. 2 Minutes to Midnight
3. Prowler
4. Flash of the Blade
5. Children of the Damned
6. Infinite Dreams
7. 22 Acacia Avenue
8. The Evil That Men Do
9. Wasted Years
(Seven Deadly Sins II)

I particularly like that (short!) fragment of Infinite Dreams, which features Perttu Kivilaakso of Apocalyptica playing cello as well as on "The Evil That Men Do".

Woah. That was really good! I think they have actually improved 'Infinite Dreams'. Unfortunately their three dates in England are at exactly the same time my term ends and, asides from the London date, they play some odd places in Britian. Who the hell goes to Wakefield and Mansfield?

With Anneke van Giersbergen (ex-The Gathering) :notworthy: :)

This one has worse sound, and also the performance is a bit less, I think. But at least you can see who's performing. ;)

Maiden United singer Damian Wilson joins Stream of Passion for a passionate version of The Trooper:

and here Maiden United's complete studio version of Infinite Dreams!

When the old Maiden BB became a membership forum people migrated to different fora, I think Maiden United was one of them. I think it had a reputation of being quite the troll infected forum...

Yeah, and they hated us, too. It was where all the people we didn't like went to and spat out their hate about us.

Probably. I think I spotted Thousand_Suns once, or maybe that was another forum.

I've tried to find Delta elsewhere. Never turned up there under that username, but I did find some other slightly humorous instances of him.

For example, on a vaguely illegal-looking website that includes video game footage, he had the following to say: "This Mission is Hard but its easier because I cheat, In the windy hills section I cheat and go on top of one them and cut down right through to get to the pilot, Its so easier and the mines dont explode on the top of that hill"

Given the typing style, it's definitely him. Although (the comment was 6 months ago) he has added more capitals since then.

And then there's his YouTube channel, featuring such classics as "Cat eats mouse."

Anyway, never saw him turn up on MFU.

Back