1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maiden United

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by Arista666, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Arista666

Arista666 Prowler

Has this already been discussed?

A full acoustic rendering of Piece of Mind by some big names in the Dutch metal scene, including Anneke van Giersbergen (of The Gathering fame).

http://www.maidenunited.com/

2. Taker

Taker Cannon Fodder

These guys are really, really good... their cover of Children of the Damned is blowing my mind as I write...

3. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

They have a new album coming out later this month. If people would like to hear some calm, moody versions of Maiden songs, check out this trailer:

(Seven Deadly Sins I)
    1. Only The Good Die Young
    2. 2 Minutes to Midnight
    3. Prowler
    4. Flash of the Blade
    5. Children of the Damned
    6. Infinite Dreams
    7. 22 Acacia Avenue
    8. The Evil That Men Do
    9. Wasted Years
    (Seven Deadly Sins II)

I particularly like that (short!) fragment of Infinite Dreams, which features Perttu Kivilaakso of Apocalyptica playing cello as well as on "The Evil That Men Do".

4. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Out of the Silent Planet

Woah. That was really good! I think they have actually improved 'Infinite Dreams'. Unfortunately their three dates in England are at exactly the same time my term ends and, asides from the London date, they play some odd places in Britian. Who the hell goes to Wakefield and Mansfield?

5. Forostar

6. mckindog

mckindog Living for Sanctuary from the law Staff Member

I like what those guys do with Maiden's stuff.

7. Awesome artwork, reminds me of Bioshock

8. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon The dreamers may die, but the dreams live on.

9. Forostar

With Anneke van Giersbergen (ex-The Gathering) :notworthy: :)

This one has worse sound, and also the performance is a bit less, I think. But at least you can see who's performing. ;)

10. Forostar

Maiden United singer Damian Wilson joins Stream of Passion for a passionate version of The Trooper:

and here Maiden United's complete studio version of Infinite Dreams!

11. SixesAlltheway

SixesAlltheway Yacht Rock

Wasn't there a forum once called Maiden United?

12. Forostar

Hmm not sure.

13. SixesAlltheway

When the old Maiden BB became a membership forum people migrated to different fora, I think Maiden United was one of them. I think it had a reputation of being quite the troll infected forum...

14. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

Maidenfans United. It's a dreadful place

Brigantium likes this.
  15. SixesAlltheway

That's it! Cheers :)

16. Perun

Perun Climbing like a monkey Staff Member

Yeah, and they hated us, too. It was where all the people we didn't like went to and spat out their hate about us.

Brigantium likes this.
  17. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Out of the Silent Planet

I wonder if Delta51pwned turned up there...

18. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

Probably. I think I spotted Thousand_Suns once, or maybe that was another forum.

19. 425

425 Starblind

I've tried to find Delta elsewhere. Never turned up there under that username, but I did find some other slightly humorous instances of him.

For example, on a vaguely illegal-looking website that includes video game footage, he had the following to say: "This Mission is Hard but its easier because I cheat, In the windy hills section I cheat and go on top of one them and cut down right through to get to the pilot, Its so easier and the mines dont explode on the top of that hill´╗┐"

Given the typing style, it's definitely him. Although (the comment was 6 months ago) he has added more capitals since then.

And then there's his YouTube channel, featuring such classics as "Cat eats mouse."

Anyway, never saw him turn up on MFU.

Night Prowler likes this.
  20. Ariana

Ariana Purple leopard

Oh my god, why would you stalk the poor guy? :p Wasn't it enough you never excepted his views? You're all too damn liberal!