Maiden Trivia Of The Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce (1).jpg

Today is Bruce’s 62th Birthday so how about a small Maiden Trivia Of The Day with all the times he has celebrated a new year in life on stage?

Well, the first time Bruce got cakes in his face on stage because of his birthday was during the Scorpions “Blackout” Tour, at the Sports Arena in Toledo, Ohio, USA.

Amazingly enough the next time that the Maiden machine celebrated Brucey birthday was in 1999! At the Sunken Gardens Theater in San Antonio, Texas.

2005, also saw Bruce & Co. on stage, this time, at the Float-Rite Amphitheatre in Somerset, while playing under the Ozzfest Banner.

Bruce also celebrated life in Warsaw. The year was 2008 and Maiden played at the Gwardia Stadium.

The next time that the Maiden crew & the crowd sang ‘Happy Birthday’ to Bruce was in 2010. This time it was at the Stora Skuggan in Stockholm.

This year, Bruce is probably going to miss us ‘cause in the past 2 years we, the fans, have celebrated his Birthday with him. First at the Genting Arena in Birmingham (2018) and then at the Videotron Centre in Quebec (2019)

Want to know more about Bruce and Maiden? DETAILED DISCOGRAPHY OF THE BEAST is the book to get. 1128 pages full of Maiden info, loads of trivia, and exclusive interviews with Bruce and the rest of the band about their songs and much more. Get it at http://subscribepage.com/luisma666

Also, once you get the book you’ll gain access to the exclusive FB Page where you’ll get to see exclusive pictures, videos and info. Come joins us!!

Ah, the balloons! The party hats! The out-of-tune singing! Will we ever see its like again?

I actually showed the film of it to the apprentice where I was working at the time - he expressed surprise as it was "not what [he] expected from heavy metal". Well Maiden are full of surprises ...

Not until a vaccine is found I am afraid although some acts are planning doing live shows but in a different way. We'll have to see if Maiden rides the wave

August 10.jpg

Hello my dear friends, hope you had a good weekend, although yesterday we received the terrible news about Martin Birch passing. But let us not dwell in his death but in his life and the amazing legacy he left us in all the albums he mixed and produced in all his active years.

With this Maiden Trivia Of The Day, I hope to bring a bit of joy into all your lives, some minutes to relax and take your mind off all the things happening in the world. Remembering all those not so wasted years, Maiden has given us.

Now, let me tell you, the first gig Maiden played on August 10 was at the Global Village in Charing Cross, and, as you can see in the image accompanying this post, the boys shared the stage with Adrian’s band, Urchin.

The following year, the band played a gig that wasn’t originally scheduled as part of their first British Tour. It was at the Stonehouse in Hertford. This would be the last time that Paul Di’Anno, while in Maiden, played on this date.

Bruce & the boys played their first concert on this date, while supporting Scorpions on their “Blackout” Tour, at the Civic Center in Beaumont.

1983 & 1984, saw Maiden playing headline concerts on this day, the first one was at the Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo and as most of you know, the second one was played at the Sporthall Aleja Politechniki, Lodz, Poland. Now, you may not remember or know this, but ‘The Trooper’ live version we hear in the Behind The Iron Curtain documentary featured in the 2nd DVD of the Life After Death DVD, comes from this concert in 1984.

Also on this date, the Seventh Tour Of A Seventh Tour did a stop at the Hampton Coliseum. This concert was, as a matter of fact, the last concert of the North American leg of the tour, before Maiden went back to London to prepare for their first Donington appearance.

The next time, Eddie & the boys would be on stage on this date was in 1996. The concert was held inside the Palacio Provincial de Ferias in Cadiz, Spain and according to Blaze, Spanish fans were fantastic at that gig.

Seven deadly sins, seven ways to win, seven years passed until Maiden played on this date again… The chosen venue was the Tweeter Center in Chicago, during the Give Me Ed… ‘Til I’m Dead Tour.

Now, here’s a bit of trivia for you… Did you know that today, 14 years ago, the promo video for ‘Different World’ debuted on Maiden’s website? Aha, how about that boys and girls? I think it was a very cool video, how about you?

Speaking of trivia, DETAILED DISCOGRAPHY OF THE BEAST is literally FULL of Maiden trivia http://subscribepage.com/luisma666

3 more concerts have been played by Maiden on this date. The First one was at the Gradski Stadion in Split (2008), the second one at the 02 Arena in London (2018) and just a year ago, the one held at the Budwiser Stage in Toronto, Canada.

All the be(a)st my friends!

The next time that the Maiden crew & the crowd sang ‘Happy Birthday’ to Bruce was in 2010. This time it was at the Stora Skuggan in Stockholm.
I had completely forgotten about it. I was there. Thank you for the reminder.

I had completely forgotten about it. I was there. Thank you for the reminder.

My pleasure friend! One of the ideas behind this posts is to bring back good memories to all of us while we get the chance to see Maiden again

FB_IMG_1597440436389.jpg

Ppppp what ho? Sed de ting!

I'm back, nyaaah! You thought you got away with it, didn't you? But you didn't. No, not on your Maiden Trivia Of The Day, Detailed Discography Of The Beast Edition for August 14.

Well, well, well let’s see. First concert Maiden played on this date was while supporting Scorpions on their “Blackout” tour. The concert was held at the Reunion Arena in Dallas, Texas. The year after, they also played on this date, this time headlining, at the Cleveland Coliseum.

1984, as most of you know, found Maiden touring behind the Iron Curtain, and on this date they played an extraordinary concert at the Sportshall Makoszowy in Katowice. Part of this concert (’22 Acacia Avenue’) was filmed and it ended up in the extended version of the Iron Maiden Behind The Iron Curtain that can be seen on the 2nd DVD of the rerelease of Live After Death. Now, what not a lot of people know is that supposedly the live version of ‘Hallowed Be Thy Name’ that came with the original release of the documentary, was also from this concert, however, it hasn’t been confirmed that it is indeed from this concert, since there’s no audio bootleg to compare it to.

Now, believe it or not, 12 years would pass until Maiden played again on this date, this time with Blaze at the front. The concert was held at the Fraga Pabello Ferial in Huesca, Spain. This was the last concert of The X-Factour in Spain and the third one that had a diary entry by Blaze.

Also on this date, in 2006, Maiden released The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg single. The title of the song caused a lot of attention and speculation among maiden fans, who tried in vain to find out who Benjamin Breeg is or was. This was the intention of the band, which is a very interesting way of causing publicity, who went as far as creating a site: http://www.benjaminbreeg.co.uk (not working anymore). After many, many years Maiden finally said who Benjamin was and you can read all about it in the DETAILED DISCOGRAPHY OF THE BEAST at
http://subscribepage.com/luisma666

Going back to Maiden concerts, let me tell you that another 12 years passed between that concert in Spain until Maiden returned to the stages again on this date, this time it was in Bassel and the venue was at the St. Jakobshalle.

Now, the last concert Eddie & the boys played on this date was 10 years ago! And it was at the Sziget Festival in Budapest.

And of course, the LAST thing that Maiden has done on this date was the release of Speed Of Light and you can also learn all about it in the DETAILED DISCOGRAPHY OF THE BEAST.

All the be(a)st!

@Luisma how did you obtain the information for your book?

Reading some "reviews" on your page I'm getting the feeling you used the Iron Maiden Commentary or not? Solos, lyric information..

@Luisma how did you obtain the information for your book?

Reading some "reviews" on your page I'm getting the feeling you used the Iron Maiden Commentary or not? Solos, lyric information..

Hi Foro, thanks for making that question. None of the info in the book comes from the Iron Maiden Commentary but it was inspired by it. I explain further in the intro of the book but I will try to summarize here.

I fell in love with Maiden in 1990, and started collecting that same year. As a Maiden maniac every time I had the chance to land my hands on anything Maiden related (magazines mostly) I would buy it and started writing a notebook with all the info in it. Oh and also transcribing the lyrics, rants included 'cause I just wanted to have every single word in paper.

It wasn't until 1997 that I got an internet connection in my house and at that time I was impressed with the vast amount of info I could get about Maiden, especially Baeleron's Iron Maiden Commentary as it was called then. I thought I could do something similar as the page but with reliable info (no interpretation) so I spent years gathering more and more info from all over the world thanks to friends I had in different parts.

My plan at first was to make another website but since I had no experience whatsoever I decided just to keep collecting and writing (in word now). I printed the first versions (which was very simple) of the book and share it with some other fans who loved it. That gave me a boost but still wasn't sure to share the work I had done.

I kept doing the same thing and after what is called the 2nd edition of the book, which was much, much detailed, my then girlfriend, now wife (who is a brilliant journalist) encourage me to write the book as it has been my "life project".

The book was written using the same method that most journalist use which is
finding 3 completely different sources to verify the information you have before considering it reliable. I personally read hundreds of interviews, listened to more than 800 bootlegs (1977-2019), talked with people very closely related to Maiden, double checked some of the info with other Maiden researchers and loads more sources that I cannot disclose for contractual reasons. So all the info is 100% reliable.

Hope I have answered your question and I'll be glad to answer anything more you want to ask.

A final note to @Forostar, all those reviews are real my friend. I wouldn't like to jeopardize the trust people have in me and my work by faking anything.

Besides, as everything in the book, I'm very proud of being able to point the source of everything I say in case somebody asks (with few exceptions where I'm bound to secrecy of the source by a contractual obligation) or wants to know.

Once again, I do appreciate your question as it has given me the opportunity to comment on how the book was constructed.

Also, does your book have many pics from the tours? Anything about Finland there? How about the Sonisphere in Pori 8th of august 2010 where there was sort of tornado, do you have any information or interviews regarding that? I was there when it happened.

A final note to @Forostar, all those reviews are real my friend. I wouldn't like to jeopardize the trust people have in me and my work by faking anything.

Besides, as everything in the book, I'm very proud of being able to point the source of everything I say in case somebody asks (with few exceptions where I'm bound to secrecy of the source by a contractual obligation) or wants to know.

Once again, I do appreciate your question as it has given me the opportunity to comment on how the book was constructed.
What is your source for the guitar solo information?

Also, does your book have many pics from the tours? Anything about Finland there? How about the Sonisphere in Pori 8th of august 2010 where there was sort of tornado, do you have any information or interviews regarding that? I was there when it happened.

My next book will cover all the tours and will have trivia facts about all the events as well as narrate the whole story of Maiden based on my own research and not what has been told in other books.

At this moment in time I'm going thru the clippings of the 1980-1992 era, will check later if I have an interview about the event I share it here if I do

My next book will cover all the tours and will have trivia facts about all the events as well as narrate the whole story of Maiden based on my own research and not what has been told in other books.

At this moment in time I'm going thru the clippings of the 1980-1992 era, will check later if I have an interview about the event I share it here if I do

Ok, cool. I have to check the info about your book and maybe I will buy a copy. Interesting and fascinating work.

What is your source for the guitar solo information?

When I started the research (in the hand written notebook) I started doing notes of the solos. Then I would say around 97-99, a group of fans and me on the IM forum (when it was free) decided to compare notes and try to come up with the complete list of solos until. I specifically remember there was an Italian fan that had done an awesome job and it was the general consensus that his list was the most accurate.

I seem to remember also that there's some interviews where Steve says who plays what (for a specific album in the 80's) and there are a couple of Guitar Worlds & Guitar Magazines where either they deconstruct some songs and say who played the solo or where Adrian, Dave &/or Janick are interview and say who plays what.

For some of the latest albums I had help from a couple of guys from the IMFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back