Maiden Trivia Of The Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
So… Understand…
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted clothes!

Hello there my dear friends! How are you today? Hope you’re all alright. I’m doing pretty good myself and happy that many people have joined the Detailed Discography Of The Beast! Exclusive FB group just by buying the extraordinaire DETAILED DISCOGRAPHY OF THE BEAST book. Now, let me tell you, in the FB Group we discuss and reveal more trivia facts that on these posts. We also share some not well-known videos and get the opportunity to go into interesting discussions, so if you want to join, all you have to do is go to http://subscribepage.com/luisma666 hit the subscribe button and then you get ALL the details for buying the book… A book that you’ll just pay ONCE and keep on receiving updates FOR LIFE! In any case, WELCOME you all to another Maiden Trivia Of The Day for July 22 the avenueeeeee…

Well, let’s see, aha, first relevant thing Maiden did on this here date was playing another concert at their first stronghold, The Cart & Horses in Stratford, 44 years ago.

Speaking of strongholds, the next concert they played on this date was in 1979, and it was at the Ruskin Arms, in East Ham.

The next concert the band played on July 22, was at a much bigger place than the two previous one, it was at The Palladium in New York while supporting Judas Priest on their “Point Of Entry” Tour.

In 1983, we also find Eddie & the boys rockin’ the stage, along with Saxon & Fastway at the Llyod Noble Arena in Norman, USA.

1988, also saw Maiden playing this day, this time at the Philadelphia Spectrum. After this one, 12 not so wasted years would pass until Maiden played again on this date. This time the concert was at the Polideportivo Los Alcazares in Murcia, Spain.

The 3 next concerts that the boys have played on July 22 are:

2003 - Hartford – Meadows Music Theater
2008 - Trondheim – Lerkendalstadium
2016 - Milan - Mediolanum Forum

2017 also saw Maiden did 2 particular things on this day. The first one I have just told my exclusive FB group about and the second one is that Maiden played the last gig of the Book Of Souls World Tour at the Barclays Center In Brooklyn, New York where our beloved Bruce Dickinson decided to end the tour and the song in his underpants!!!! Hahahaha yep! During ‘Wasted Years’ (the last song of the encore) Bruce stripped down, threw his clothes into the audience, and ended up in his underpants! So now you know why the intro of this post today ;)
And finally, the last concert that the Maiden boys have played on this day was just 2 years ago at the Plovdiv Stadium as part of the Hills Of Rock Festival.

Come and join the exclusive group by buying the book! We’ll be happy to have you!

All the best!!

July 22.jpg

Dear ‘Eadbangers,

Go to http://subscribepage.com/luisma666 and get THE BEST Maiden book! 1128 pages full of Maiden trivia, NO secret theories, NO interpretation about what each song means, just FACTS directly from the mouths of past & present members of the band, management, old road crew members & the single/record producers that have help Maiden become what they are.

Oh and welcome to another Maiden Trivia Of The Day for July 23.

Well, let’s see, aha, first relevant thing that the band has done on this here date was the concert they played at The Palladium in New York while supporting Judas Priest on their “Point Of Entry” US Tour. And to think that one of their first sold out concerts on the Beast On The Road Tour was in the same venue!
Now, speaking about the Beast On The Road Tour, I must tell you that it was precisely on that tour that Maiden played again on this date, in this opportunity at the Kinsmen Field House in Edmonton, Canada.

Next concert that took place on this date was in 1983, under the World Piece Tour banner, and it was held in the Convention Center Arena in Dallas, Texas.

1992, was to mark an historic event for South American fans. The designated Country was a place that many, many years after the events that took place on this date, 28 years ago, got its revenge with recording of the concert that we now know as EN VIVO! Of course I’m talking about Santiago de Chile.

What happened was this. After not playing in South America since Rock in Rio 1984. Maiden decided they were going to pay a long visit to South America during their Fear Of The Dark World Tour. The plan was to start by playing, as I said, at the Mapacho Stadium in Santiago de Chile, and then move to Argentina, Uruguay & Brazil, and a bit later, Venezuela. However, as amazing and stupid as it sounds, the Chilean Government, pushed by the Catholic Church, didn’t let the concert take place because the band was banned due to being devil worshippers!

Speaking about trivia facts, here’s one for you all. Did you know that on this date, in 1998, the band announced via their website that there were going to re-release their back-catalogue as especially 'Enhanced' CD-Roms - all digitally re-mastered? Aha! Like that one don’t you eh?

The next time that Maiden performed a concert on this date was in 1999, and it was at the Eagles Ballroom in Milwaukee.

The year 2000, also found Eddie & the boys doing their thing on stage, this time at the Palau Sant Jordi in Barcelona, Spain.

The next time Maiden performed on this day was in 2003, while on their Give Me Ed… ‘Til I’m Dead Tour. The gig was held in the Tweeter Centre in Camden and not a lot of people know that similar to what had happened at the 1982 Reading Festival, someone pressed the wrong button during ‘The Number Of The Beast’ & activated the intro to 'The Prisoner'.

Maiden has only performed two more concerts on July 23. The first one was in 2005, at the Post Gazette Pavilion in Burgettstown, and, the second and last one FOR NOW, was in 2011, at the Metro Radio Arena in New Castle.

Be(a)st wishes to you a

July 23.jpg

What, ho! Weekend Warriors!

Welcome to the Maiden Trivia Of The Day for July 24, brought to you by the DETAILED DISCOGRAPHY OF THE BEAST, 1128 pages FULL of Maiden information PLUS and exclusive FB page for all the buyers where special videos, audios and interviews are posted FOR LIFE… Interested? Go to http://subscribepage.com/luisma666

Hmmmm let’s see, Oh yes! On this day, in 1981, Maiden was in New York and did 2 things. First one was a special appearance at Zig Zag Records (a record store) to meet fans and sign autographs
. The second thing they did is play a concert at The Palladium (third night in a row) while supporting Judas Priest in their “Point Of Entry” US Tour.

The following year, Maiden also performed on this day, at Calgary’s Max Bell Centre, while supporting Scorpions’ “Blackout” North American Tour.

In 1983, the band also played a gig on this day. It was at the Sam Houston Coliseum.

Amazingly enough, 16 years passed until Maiden played again on July 24. This time was at Detroit’s Pine Knob Amphitheater.

In 2003 the band announced 3 things on their webpage: The release dates for the Wildest Dreams single and Dance Of Death album plus the first dates of the Dance Of Death World Tour.

Moving on, we find that while on the Ozzfest 2005, Maiden also played on this date when the festival stopped at Bristow’s Nissan Pavilion.

In 2008, Eddie & the boys rocked at the Valle Hovin in Oslo.

6 more concerts have taken place on this date:

2011 - Sheffield – Motorpoint Arena
2012 - Winnipeg - Mts Center
2013 - Bucharest – Piata Constitutiei
2016 - Rome - Rock In Rome Sonisphere
2018 - Zagreb – Zagreb Arena
2019 - Washington DC – Jiffy Lube Live

Hope you’re all having a good day and enjoy a great weekend. I’ll be seeing all of you here!

July 24.jpg

What, ho! Weekend Warriors!

Welcome to the Maiden Trivia Of The Day for July 24, brought to you by the DETAILED DISCOGRAPHY OF THE BEAST, 1128 pages FULL of Maiden information PLUS and exclusive FB page for all the buyers where special videos, audios and interviews are posted FOR LIFE… Interested? Go to http://subscribepage.com/luisma666

Hmmmm let’s see, Oh yes! On this day, in 1981, Maiden was in New York and did 2 things. First one was a special appearance at Zig Zag Records (a record store) to meet fans and sign autographs
. The second thing they did is play a concert at The Palladium (third night in a row) while supporting Judas Priest in their “Point Of Entry” US Tour.

The following year, Maiden also performed on this day, at Calgary’s Max Bell Centre, while supporting Scorpions’ “Blackout” North American Tour.

In 1983, the band also played a gig on this day. It was at the Sam Houston Coliseum.

Amazingly enough, 16 years passed until Maiden played again on July 24. This time was at Detroit’s Pine Knob Amphitheater.

In 2003 the band announced 3 things on their webpage: The release dates for the Wildest Dreams single and Dance Of Death album plus the first dates of the Dance Of Death World Tour.

Moving on, we find that while on the Ozzfest 2005, Maiden also played on this date when the festival stopped at Bristow’s Nissan Pavilion.

In 2008, Eddie & the boys rocked at the Valle Hovin in Oslo.

6 more concerts have taken place on this date:

2011 - Sheffield – Motorpoint Arena
2012 - Winnipeg - Mts Center
2013 - Bucharest – Piata Constitutiei
2016 - Rome - Rock In Rome Sonisphere
2018 - Zagreb – Zagreb Arena
2019 - Washington DC – Jiffy Lube Live

Hope you’re all having a good day and enjoy a great weekend. I’ll be seeing all of you here!

View attachment 12443

The 2008 gig in Oslo might be the best Maiden gig I have been to. Fantastic show!

Remember it well, jumping around the office, first Dublin dates since 1996, and at the time I fully expected they'd never be back to Dublin after they'd only played a venue usually played by smaller acts in 1996 and it was badly attended.

Remember it too from the old Maiden Bulletin Board.
We went with 5 members of the forum to the Leuven gig.
Peter Evrard, winner of Belgium Idols and metalfan, was in the audience too.

Remember it well, jumping around the office, first Dublin dates since 1996, and at the time I fully expected they'd never be back to Dublin after they'd only played a venue usually played by smaller acts in 1996 and it was badly attended.

Really love that my post gives some of you something good to remember! Hope that those who are still considering about buying the ebook go for it and join the FB group, 'cause if the posts give you a good time, imagine the videos, interviews and loads more of info you'll be able to find in the FB group!!

@Luisma: thanks for this amazing thread. It's nice to see engaged people like you sharing their love for Maiden.
That E-book sounds more than interesting!

@Luisma: thanks for this amazing thread. It's nice to see engaged people like you sharing their love for Maiden.
That E-book sounds more than interesting!

@MindRuler thank you very much for your words. Believe me, more than work, is a great pleasure sharing the knowledge I have gathered thru all these years. About the ebook, you can go to the landing page and listen to Nesbit from the Talking Maiden Podcast talk about it. Also, @srfc has it so he can give you his impressions about it.

Up the Irons mate!

If you are anyway geekily inclined, it's the perfect reference book for Maiden, particularly for things like release dates and what versions of what tracks are on what format. I found a couple of different versions of tracks that I never realised existed from reading the book.

Also, contemporary press from when the albums were released is really interesting.

Why wait for your book to arrive when TODAY you can have the DETAILED DISCOGRAPHY OF THE BEAST is the ebook that brings you 1128 FULL of Maiden info and literally hundreds of trivia facts in every page for all types of Maiden fans. Besides is portable and lightweight, making it easy to carry around. Instead of carrying multiple bulky books and waiting for them to get in the mail, you just pay and get the product + joining the exclusive FB page with videos, interviews, old reviews and even get the chance to talk to people involved with Maiden! Come and join us at http://subscribepage.com/luisma666

First concert Maiden played on this date was while supporting Scorpions on their “Blackout” Tour in the Winnipeg Arena.

1983, also saw Maiden play a concert, this time as headliners, at the Convention Center Arena in San Antonio Texas. Now, according to my research, the whole gig was recorded and just a small part of it (‘Flight Of Icarus’) was used on the ‘Ello Texas documentary.

5 years after the gig in San Antonio, Maiden would do 2 different things on this day. First thing, they played a Football Match against a team conformed by people of Glass Tiger (a Canadian Band), MuchMusic & Music Express and basically run over them hahaha. The second thing they did was play a concert at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. Talking about stamina and endurance eh?

The next concert that Maiden played on this day was in 1999 and it was in the Fiddler’s Green Arena in Denver.

2005, was the next time that Maiden played on this day. It was one of the concerts, during the Ozzfest that Maiden had to play as headliners, because Black Sabbath had to cancel their performance due to Ozzy being unable to perform on the day.

The last next concerts played on this date were:

2008 - Horsens Gods Bane Pladsen.
2011 - Nottingham – Trent FM Arena
2012 - Edmonton - Rexall place
2016 - Split - Spaladium Arena
2018 - Kraków - Tauron Arena
2019 - Brooklyn – Barclays Center

Come on and join the fun with DETAILED DISCOGRAPHY OF THE BEAST

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1595876763255.jpg
    FB_IMG_1595876763255.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1
FB_IMG_1595960755034.jpgFB_IMG_1595960755034.jpg

Many things changed in 1998 in Maiden world. It was a very difficult year for the boys that fortunately for all of us, ended in a very good way with Bruce and Adrian rejoining the band, however, things could have gone terribly wrong.

Welcome to a special presentation of the Maiden Trivia Of The Day, brought to you by the DETAILED DISCOGRAPHY OF THE BEAST book, the book with literally thousands of trivia facts about Maiden, get it at http://subscribepage.com/luisma666

Now, as many Maiden related pages will tell you, today, 22 years ago! The Futureal single was released, but, did you know that the plans for the single changed A LOT before its release? Keep on reading to find out.

1. Originally, the plan was to release the single on a much later date (September 28) to mark the launch of Maiden's new website.

2. The plan was that the single would be sold exclusively from Maiden's website, and as a mail-order item from the Fanclub.

3. The track was going to be available for download in Maiden's new website.

4. As it can be seen on the left corner of the image, the original plan was to release the single in 3 different formats (2 CD's and a 7" Vinyl Picture Disc) as they did with The Angel And The Gambler single.

5. 'Futureal' was going to be Virtual XI first single, however, Steve (against the rest of the band and Rod) decided that The Angel And The Gambler should be the single... Go figure!

There are many more details about the single and every Maiden song in the book and the exclusive FB for buyers of it. http://subscribepage.com/luisma666

2. The plan was that the single would be sold exclusively from Maiden's website, and as a mail-order item from the Fanclub.

This was how I bought it, from mail order from the Fan club. Was it actually released in shops?

This was how I bought it, from mail order from the Fan club. Was it actually released in shops?

I am not sure. I got it for free from the FC (signed by the 1998 line-up) together with some other stuff as a token of good will from Laz after one FC magazine got lost in the post.

Last edited:
Unchain the colours… Before my eyes…
Yesterday's sorrows, tomorrow's white lies…
Scan the horizon… The clouds take me higher…
I shall return… From out of the…

DETAILED DISCOGRAPHY OF THE BEAST, if you love trivia facts this is the book for you. NO secret theories, NO interpretation about what each song means, just FACTS directly from the mouths of past & present members of the band, management, old road crew members & the single/record producers that have help Maiden become what they are. Get it at http://subscribepage.com/luisma666

Well, since we won’t be able to see Maiden live this year, why don’t we remember what they have done on this day thru the years? Welcome my friends to another Maiden Trivia Of The Day for July 29.

The first concert that Maiden played on this day was in 1976, and, if we’re to believe that the Diary of Steve, pictured in the Early Days DVD is real, this concert, held in the Cart & Horses in Stratford, was one of their best at the time and one where he really started to see that the band was starting to attract punters.

1977, also saw Maiden playing on this date, this time at The Bridge House in Canning Town. The trivia fact about this one is that it was Dave Murray’s last gig before re-entering the band in 1978.

The next gig that Eddie & the boys played on this day was in 1981, while supporting Judas Priest on their “Point Of Entry” North American Tour. The concert was held at the Civic Center in Baltimore.

The first time that Maiden played a concert on this day, after going pro and headlining was in 1983. On this occasion the band played at the Hirsch Memorial Coliseum in Shreveport, and was supported by Saxon & Fastway.

The next time that Maiden played a headline concert on this date was in 1988. The venue was the Tarrant Country Convention Center in Ft. Worth and they were supported by Ace Frehley’s Comet.

More than 24 years would pass until Maiden played again on this date. It was at the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver, Canada, during the Maiden England Tour. Coincidentally, the last time (for now) that Maiden played again on this date was also during that tour and it was in the Synot Tip Arena in Prague.

Remember Tomorrow my friends!

1596046366559.jpeg1596046366559.jpeg1596046366559.jpeg

When you know that your time is close at hand
Maybe then you'll begin to understand
Life down here is just a strange illusion…

Welcome my friends to another Maiden Trivia Of The Day for July 30. This one I had to post very late as my internet connection has been horrible but hey, couldn’t let some of you down… So here we go.

The first concert that Maiden played on this date was at the Tower Theater in Philadelphia. It was the penultimate concert that Maiden played as a support band to Judas Priest in 1981 and the only concert they ever played at the venue.

The following year, Maiden also played on this day, once again as a supporting band, this time to Scorpions on their “Blackout” Tour.

1983, also saw Maiden perform on this day, this time as headliners on their World Piece Tour, at the Cook Convention Centre in Memphis.

Eddie & the boys also were on stage on this day 32 years ago, at the Frank Erwin Centre in Austin, Texas.

The next gig that the boys played on this day was in 1999, at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles. Almost at the end of the gig Dave fell off the stage and broke a finger so the boys had to cancel the next 3 gigs they had planned, to give Dave time to recuperate.

5 more concerts have been played on July 30.

2003 - New York – Madison Square Garden
2005 - Tinley Park – Tweeter Center
2010 - Dublin – O2
2012 - Seattle - White River Amphitheatre
2019 - Philadelphia – Wells Fargo Center

You never know when you’re going to meet your maker so make the best out of life and get the DETAILED DISCOGRAPHY OF THE BEAST book… You won’t regret it. More info at: http://subscribepage.com/luisma666

July 30.jpg

Hello everybody! Welcome to another Maiden Trivia Of The Day for July 31.

Well, let’s see, the first time that Maiden played on this date was supporting Scorpions on their “Blackout” Tour in North America. The venue on this occasion was the Prairie Convention Center in Springfield.

The second time that Eddie & the boys played on this date was in 1988, at the Summit in Houston.

7 long years after Maiden’s first gig in Brazil, at Rock in Rio 1985, as special guests of Queen, the band played their first headline gig in Brazil again. The selected place for this historic occasion was none other than the Maracanzinho in Rio de Janeiro.

The next time that Maiden played on this date was in 2005, under the Ozzfest banner and at the Verizon Wireless Music Center in Noblesville. This was the second time during the festival that Black Sabbath withdrew due to Ozzy being unable to perform, so Maiden had the chance to play their whole setlist.

2008, also saw Maiden on stage on this date. The concert was the final date of the first leg of the Somewhere Back In Time World Tour and it was played at the Wacken Open Air Festival. Did you see them today on Wacken TV? And did you know that DETAILED DISCOGRAPHY OF THE BEAST is the book where even the most diehard fans can find out thousands of trivia facts? What Are You Waiting For?! Order yours at http://subscribepage.com/luisma666

3 years after the Wacken show, the band also played a concert on this date. The venue was the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham.

Only 2 more concerts have been performed by Maiden on this date:

2013 - Zagreb – Zagreb Arena
2018 - Newcastle – Metro Radio Arena

Hope you’re all having a great Friday.

Take care!

1596233844787.jpeg1596233844787.jpeg1596233844787.jpeg1596233844787.jpeg1596233844787.jpeg1596233844787.jpeg1596233844787.jpeg1596233844787.jpeg

The horse, he sweats with fear, we break to run
The mighty roar of the Russians guns
And as we race towards the human wall
The screams of pain as my comrades fall

Caught you singing again didn’t I? Hahaha, well, welcome to another Maiden Trivia Of The Day for August 3.

Now, let’s see, the first concert that played on this date was at Ruskin Arms in 1979 and, as a matter of fact, it was the only time that Paul Di’anno sang with Maiden on the date.

The next concert that the Maiden boys played on this date was in 1982, while supporting Scorpions on their “Blackout” Tour and the venue was the Richfield Coliseum in Cleveland.

Making a huge leap in time we find that Eddie & the boys played again on this date in the year 2000. This time the concert was held at the Pepsi Coliseum in Quebec City, Canada.

3 years after the one I have just told you about, Maiden was also in Canada, this time in Toronto and they played at The Molson Amphitheatre. Oh! And what do you know! Just 2 years after this one they played at the same venue and it was, as a matter of fact, one of Maiden’s headling concerts amongst all the Ozzfest 2005 dates… Lucky Canadians indeed!

2011, was another year that Maiden played on this date. The venue was the Odyssey in Belfast and, not a lot of people know that this was the shortest concert played on the second leg of The Final Frontier World Tour because Maiden removed a song from their playlist. You know why? No? Well, let me tell ya…

During the Dance Of Death World Tour, Maiden also played in Belfast and, if you remember, ‘The Trooper’ was part of the setlist during that tour and Bruce did the waving of the British flag thing, well, believe it or not the band got booed ‘cause some fans took it as an insult/political thing (being in Dublin and all) so the next time that Maiden played on Belfast they dropped ‘The Trooper’ from the setlist!

Anyway, moving on we can also remember that in 2012, Maiden rocked the stage at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View.

Now, the last 2 concerts that Maiden has performed on this date are:

2013 - London – The O2 Arena
2019 - Hartford – Xfinity Theatre

This trivia and much, much more in DETAILED DISCOGRAPHY OF THE BEAST, get it by subscribing at http://subscribepage.com/luisma666

Hope you’re having a good start of the week, my friends.

Up The Irons!

1596476779064.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back