Maiden songs you would write

Onhell said:
Game music + Iron Maiden = Woodman's Stage in Mega Man II.

I just spent the last 2 hours binging on old NES 8-bit awesomeness... Ninja Gaiden I AND II, Castlevania, Zelda, DD I, II AND III... oh man, ALMOST as good as sex.
heh that's what I was doing last night. (playing NES that is)

LooseCannon said:
Onhell, have you listened to Powerglove? They're right up your alley.

I've heard of them, haven't heard them. There are several bands out there that do rock/metal versions of game songs, but i haven't bothered to check them out. A good friend of mine has a band that sounds like a cross between NES and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, fucking awesome, they are currently working ont their second cd which I'll be front and center to get.

Forostar said:
Best computergame music?

Turrican I & II hands down.

I vote:
Frank Klepacki's soundtracks for the Command & Conquer series.
Ridge Racer Type 4 soundtrack.

great now I want to play command and conquer. Those games do have great music.

Chrono Cross soundtrack is my personal favourite of all time, but Command & Conquer is great. "Hell March" is one of the best, and most iconic, video game songs of all time.

I also have a penchant for tunes from Final Fantasy.

LooseCannon said:
Chrono Cross soundtrack is my personal favourite of all time, but Command & Conquer is great. "Hell March" is one of the best, and most iconic, video game songs of all time.

I also have a penchant for tunes from Final Fantasy.
old or new?

I'm not a fan of soccer, I follow Australian Rules Football but, if I were Iron Maiden, I'd write a song about a soccer match, simular style to The Loneliness of the LDR.

Jonszat said:
Excited for Skyrim, too?

I definately am. I doubt it will be as good as Morrowind, but I still played OB a lot for about a year after it came out. I still play it occasionally. I play Morrowind more though. In fact, I'm about to go play it right now :D

But Skyrim sounds fairly good, with dual wielding included and everything. Some of the screenshots look amazing.

Actually, this topic was about something else entirely.

Anyway, I've always loved the scores to Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 3, with a special mention for SMB 2's underground theme. Contra had some epic music too. Aside from that, I've enjoyed game music while I'm playing the games themselves but not to the point of having any real favorites.

gonna play Super Mario Bros right now. The music alone is worth a few plays. I also enjoyed the music in the Felix the Cat game. That game was so awesome.

The Knife Master said:
gonna play Super Mario Bros right now. The music alone is worth a few plays. I also enjoyed the music in the Felix the Cat game. That game was so awesome.

That's a great game too, a true obscure gem.

Back