Maiden songs you would write

Ok, guys, I'll explain this topic. I had this idea of coming up with song titles for Maiden songs you'd like to write if you were in the band. For example, a few days ago I read H.P. Lovecraft's Celephais, which is a short story about a man who escapes his dull, depressing life through his vivid and colorful dreaming. I thought this could be turned into a very good, epic song called Where The Sea Meets The Sky (a reference to the short story itself) It would a be a long song (not longer than 9 minutes) with a dreamy (of course) acoustic intro, and maybe a calmer, more peaceful break a là The Nomad halfway through the song. What would be "your" Maiden songs?

chaosapiant said:
If I was Iron Maiden, i'd write a song about Morrowind, and call it "sleepers awake."

And the intro could be the epic Morrowind soundtrack. My fave game of all time :D

this is a great topic. i was stitting here with my guitar writing a lil melody and rythem to a song. so far its instrumental but ive got some ideas for words. The title so far is "Sitting in a dark hole" . love this topic!

UptonA said:
this is a great topic. i was stitting here with my guitar writing a lil melody and rythem to a song. so far its instrumental but ive got some ideas for words. The title so far is "Sitting in a dark hole" . love this topic!
I don't think that was the point of this thread.....

If I were in Iron Maiden, I would write a song about this guy who is walking at night and stumbles across a Satanic ritual... oh, wait  :p

I'd write a song about an RPG such as Final Fantasy or Dragon Warrior. It might be cheesy, but if done correctly, it could come across well.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
I'd write a song about an RPG such as Final Fantasy or Dragon Warrior. It might be cheesy, but if done correctly, it could come across well.
I wouldn't.  :lol: I think KoRn tried and it came out very badly

The Knife Master said:

Somebody needs to turn off the damn arpeggiator...

Regarding game music, Alexander Brandon's work on Tyrian is unmatched in my book.
There are a lot of great themes from a lot of great games, but this one is whole damn soundtrack of 16-bit ingenuity!

Zare said:
Somebody needs to turn off the damn arpeggiator...

Regarding game music, Alexander Brandon's work on Tyrian is unmatched in my book.
There are a lot of great themes from a lot of great games, but this one is whole damn soundtrack of 16-bit ingenuity!

Holy shit!  Can't believe someone else played that game!  I played forever to get my fruit guns.  Speaking of good game music, my all time fave soundtrack is Mechwarrior 2.  But seriously....Morrowind has Iron Maiden written all over it. 

Game music + Iron Maiden = Woodman's Stage in Mega Man II.

I just spent the last 2 hours binging on old NES 8-bit awesomeness... Ninja Gaiden I AND II, Castlevania, Zelda, DD I, II AND III... oh man, ALMOST as good as sex.

Back