Maiden songs you are currently stuck on

My newly updated list:

1. Mother of Mercy
2. The Talisman
3. When the Wild Wind Blows
4. Starblind
5. Judgement of Heaven
6. The Aftermath

I'm struck by how much my list resembles hallowed....

1.  Where The Wild Wind Blows
2.  Mother Of Mercy
3.  Starblind
4.  Infinite Dreams  (always on my playlist)
5.  Edge of Darkness (and much of the rest of X Factor)

hmmm.  heavy list now that I look at it.  I think I may need to lighten up a bit.....

Coming Home, Isle of Avalon, When The Wild Wind Blows from TFF.

The Longest Day and Paschendale are also duking it out in a battle of the war epics. Paschendale is slightly leading but the sustained awesomeness of TLD's intro and bridge is running it close.

starblind, BOTWH, TMWWBK, and judgment of heaven

Zare said:
Coming Home, Isle Of Avalon, Starblind
I've found that one of the reasons Starblind is so awesome is because of the flow of the lyrics. Every line just feels like "Woah! That was genius!"

I love how bruce sings the intro. I love to improvise on my guitar to that.

Starblind (This song is deep and it's one of Maiden's most serious songs; love the keyboard layers which adds a Floydian vibe throughout the song, mixed with 70's Sabbath like riffs and song structure, funny that the first album that came to mind was Vol 4 when I first listened Starblind and it's the album that Piece of Mind has came closer in terms of sonic value and mood and both POM and TFF were recorded at the same studio; Starblind sample made me think immedeately that it had a POM vibe to it, but more modern and more cadenced. The meaning of this song is more important and relevant than some might think of).

The Man Who Would Be King (this song is thrilling!!! An incredible journey!)

Mother Of Mercy (A new type of songwrting on this one. It has the classic Maiden with something really new. The bridge before the chorus is sang by Bruce in stellar manner. It's really mind blowing!)

Gangland (I've been playing this one very often in my guitar. Just powerful and with an amazing chorus!!!)

^ i can't say for sure that it's my favourite song, cause that kind of stuff comes and goes. But i can agree that it's the evolution of their progressive journey. They've took off in 1986, to be grounded in 1990. And then again in 1995, but everything they've done up to this point was the evolution of that "second stage", that started from X-Factor. The mellow vibe of the two last '80s records was gone, but it came back on TFF.

To me, Starblind is perfect combination of 00's Maiden prog, with '80s Maiden prog. It's simply...stellar.
The lyrics are awesome and relevant, just like Revelations85 mentioned, they flow with ease.

Starblind, best Maiden song since 1988.

The Age Of Innocence, I can't get out of my head that insane, immortal and mind blowing melody starting at 3:44. STUNNING!

Alex Anghel said:
Starblind, best Maiden song since 1988.

The Age Of Innocence, I can't get out of my head that insane, immortal and mind blowing melody starting at 3:44. STUNNING!

Age Of Innocence is the most underrated Maiden song. That triple guitar attack in the melody you mentioned just raised my arms's hairs first time I heard it.

Stupid Starblind. I can't stop listening to it. I was one of the few who had unbelievable high expectations for this song and I'm more than satisfied. It may just pierce my top 10. Maybe even top 5.

Moonchild33 said:
Stupid Starblind. I can't stop listening to it. I was one of the few who had unbelievable high expectations for this song and I'm more than satisfied.

So we're the Starblind couple. I always had high expectations for this one as it was the most despised in virtually all reviews.

All the other songs on TFF has switched places in my rating many times, but Starblind stays - at #1.
I'm also stuck on Infinite Dreams and No Prayer For The Dying, and overall mainly 1986-1990 songs.

Infinite Dreams is the song i'd hoped they'd "remake" for years, insofar as how the song sounds and moves.  Starblind is that song.  :rocker:

Back