Maiden England Tour 2012/2013!

The Alice Cooper set is 1/3rd the length of the one I've seen.. but has 3 awesome songs I didn't get ;'( Making the whole gig even more desirable.
Maybe by 2013 I'll be okay for a gig... although AC will prob have stopped supporting >.>

I wish we could talk directly to the band and ask
where the fuck is Hallowed Be Thy Name?

A user on metalsetlist posted this:
"Nicko was on Eddie Trunk's show on monday and said the reason Hallowed isn't in the set is because the original set they had planned was going to be too brutal on Bruce's voice to sing night after night. So they did some rearranging and decided to take it out. He didn't say anything about Infinite Dreams but he did mention they went with ATSS so they could have a break in an otherwise upbeat set.

I guess what we can take from that is Infinite Dreams was probably one of the songs taken out to make sure Bruce wasn't killing his voice every night. It's too bad it won't get played, but at least we understand now why it didn't make the cut."

A user on metalsetlist posted this:
"Nicko was on Eddie Trunk's show on monday and said the reason Hallowed isn't in the set is because the original set they had planned was going to be too brutal on Bruce's voice to sing night after night. So they did some rearranging and decided to take it out. He didn't say anything about Infinite Dreams but he did mention they went with ATSS so they could have a break in an otherwise upbeat set.

I guess what we can take from that is Infinite Dreams was probably one of the songs taken out to make sure Bruce wasn't killing his voice every night. It's too bad it won't get played, but at least we understand now why it didn't make the cut."

I didn't know that! Thanks. :)

Someone in metalsetlists posted this:
I was reading through the thread for this show on the Iron Maiden forum and somebody posted that they ran into Rod Smallwood at a bar after the show and talked to him about the setlist.

Here are some of the things Rod said:

1. Infinite Dreams was rehearsed and originally in the setlist but for reasons he didn't say, the band decided to go with ATSS instead
CONFUSED.gif

2. Hallowed Be Thy Name will not be back this tour. The band just decided to drop it for once.

3. Caught Somewhere In Time will never be played again because the band thought it sounded like shit live.

I'm not sure if this means Infinite Dreams won't be brought in at some point but if it isn't a "for sure" song on this tour then the likelyhood of them playing it again is not very good. Maybe if ATSS doesn't go over too well after a few shows they'll put Infinite Dreams in it's place.

Nice of them to have explained it, too bad they didn't kick out Phantom or FOTD in favor of Infinite Dreams, as this is the 7th Son tour, but what the hell. Maybe we'll get to hear Infinite Dreams yet on some future tour, why not.

i think Bruce cant sing aces high and the evil that men do on the encore,and for first time in 32 years i see dickinson suffering because he is tired at the end of the show

Just watched some footage from Atlanta; is Janick (it was filmed from that side of the stage) back to using a lead, rather than a wireless unit? --or is this just in keeping with the 80's theme! :p

Janick was using a lead in Boston. I remember him having some difficulties with it.

Maybe it was forced upon him.

Steve to Janick: "Janick mate we err.. got some bad news... the wireless kits are interfering with the pyro effects, you'll have to go to using a lead."
Janick to Steve: "oh... oh okay"
(later)
Steve to Bruce: "Haha! I managed to find a way to stop Janick twirling off the stage!"
Bruce to Steve: "How???"
Steve to Bruce: "Anchored him down!"

According to Perun and Nush, when ATSS hit a lot of people left to use the washroom, etc. I didn't see that, but I was too busy freaking out because Maiden played ATSS!

Back