Maiden England '88 + History Part 3 coming March 25th!

As far as I know, one is an import of the EMI release which is the April 2nd release and the other is through Ume which is the March 26th one. I don't think there is any difference between the two. I'm not sure why they offer the import if they were just going to have a US release in the first place?

Hmm. Well I would rather hold on until April (more like May, by the time I get it in my mail box) than have to pay twice as much.

Check out the trailer, the documentary seems to feature some mint footage!

That is great news!

It looks as though they will talk about the strains within the band of the time of SiT and 7th Son. That should be very interesting to watch.

I am a little disappointed with the 2nd disc in the set though - I was hoping for some Monsters of Rock '88 footage. The promo videos don't really add much to the package. Good to finally get 12 Wasted years on an official DVD release though.

Yea, I'm trying not to be picky here, getting the full Maiden England alone is worth the purchase, but I wish there was more from this era to include. The past two DVDs had tons of rarities. I'm certain that this set will be just as awesome anyway.

Yes, I must admit that I am a bit disappointed by that as well. Other than the encore tracks (and the documentary obviously), there is nothing on that DVD I haven't seen before. It's really a bummer they didn't manage to find any SIT-era tour material, despite the fact that they had eight years to look for it.

they had eight years to look for it.
What if there really is none such content? What if it was deemed not worthy or insignificant or dull? They still have to bring something of value to the table. Perhaps they just couldn't find anything of greater value, to what eventually found its place on the DVDs. Obviously we'll never know ::) :conspiracykeanu:

My only complaint is why not Bluray? With today's technology I'm pretty sure it's not a big deal at all to take the Maiden England source and work a 720p version at the least.

I'm not sure what footage would exist from the Somewhere On Tour. If I'm remembering correctly, only one show (in Philadelphia) was filmed, and the odds of being able to find the source tapes for that are approximately 0 (and the existing footage being passed around is low quality and warped in places).

But I would've liked to see some footage from Donington. Surely that's got to be out there, right? I mean that's where they got the footage for the video of "The Clairvoyant".

That will be released later this year: "It has been 25 years since Maiden played Donington 1988... etc." :)

Either way, I'm very excited for the History Part 3, those documentaries are like candy...awesome.

But then again, only 40 minutes.... My excitement is getting lower and lower the more details I read about this release..

But then again, only 40 minutes.... My excitement is getting lower and lower the more details I read about this release..

That's the direct result of trying to do as many '80s tours as possible. They've only got what, 3, maybe 4 at the most, years to cover? Years that by Maiden standards weren't particularly eventful.

I agree with you Pilau, this is rather disapointing. The "Early Years" DVD was excellent because it was a very detailed account of Maiden early history. The other stuff seems to lack that in-depth perspective. It's too superficial for a long-time fan, and there is not that much to learn from. Every release is welcome, of course, but we could expect more.

Come on, guys. You can't expect them to fully expose themselves and let us know every single detail of what was going on behind the scenes. Fans may be disappointed but try to look from their perspective. I don't think it is reasonable to expect they would let us see beyond what we all already know. Strictly speaking, they do not owe us any explanations.

Well, I wasn't expecting anything really private or intimate, but, you know, something about the "creative process" : the discussion about this bit or this one, the choices in terms of production. I don't know if I'm clear, but I got a lot of questions in mind, and I don't think I will ever get a clue about the answer. Anyway, Steve has always been reluctant in interviews to be too specific about songs, lyrics. He is clearly annoyed by this and doesn't bother to explain.
But, as I said, every DVD is welcome, and I watch it with pleasure.

I think I know what you mean, but they (not just Steve) have said before that they do not want to reveal much about their working process.

Really ? I didn't know. I knew about Steve (many interviews during which he openly refuses to answer certain questions), but not for the other guys.

Back