Maiden At The O2 This August?

Not only am I pleased to be able to see them for the 4th time this year I am genuinely pleased for the bands sake, imagine if tickets had sold slowly, they might have been put off playing there again!

I am one happy Hammer this morning - Up The Irons! :)

My mate managed to get us standing tickets at 0901hrs today, so the pre-sale didn't eat up all the Standing tickets.

Know a few people who only managed seated tickets on Wednesday through 02 are a bit pissed off though. Glad there's a second date for those who weren't so lucky, but London 2 Rest of UK 0 is not good to see...

True but it's such a gamble... :p well let's just be thankful that Maiden aren't completely daft and aren't competing with some *cough* Sabbath *cough* ticket prices! Though even £45.75 as it says on axs is slightly eyebrow raising...

45.75 for tickets up in the Gods, watch out for your nosebleed!
60 quid for a normal standing ticket is outrageous, by Maiden's standards of always being the band to ensure fans aren't ripped off

45.75 for tickets up in the Gods, watch out for your nosebleed!
60 quid for a normal standing ticket is outrageous, by Maiden's standards of always being the band to ensure fans aren't ripped off

Living in London I think the ticket prices are pretty reasonable bearing in mind how expensive it is living and working here.

I know it's all relative but check out the prices to any of the top West End shows, or Premiership Football come to that, and compare those to what Maiden (well the Promoters really) are asking and I think you'll agree it far from exorbitant?

I paid £55.00 to stand when they were there in 2011 so a £5.00 increase over two years, to see the greatest band in the world is nothing to complain about really.

Living in London I think the ticket prices are pretty reasonable bearing in mind how expensive it is living and working here.

I know it's all relative but check out the prices to any of the top West End shows, or Premiership Football come to that, and compare those to what Maiden (well the Promoters really) are asking and I think you'll agree it far from exorbitant?

I paid £55.00 to stand when they were there in 2011 so a £5.00 increase over two years, to see the greatest band in the world is nothing to complain about really.

As much as that!? My Final Frontier ticket was only 40 quid in Birmingham

All the more reason to have the second UK show somewhere other than London! People have every right to complain if they can't afford it Hermod. £60 is indeed "nothing to complain about" if the gig's on your doorstep; not so much if you're travelling half way across the country to see them. What was stopping them playing Birmingham again, or Manchester arena, or Glasgow?

The first time I saw Iron Maiden (December 2006) the ticket cost £32.50. By the time of their next UK tour (July 2011), a ticket for the same venue was £10 more expensive.

On the issue of people getting standing tickets this morning: I'm not too bothered that I ended up in tier 4, although it's a little disappointing that I didn't have a chance to get a standing ticket. I'll survive though. It's not the end of the world.

Going to download cost £80 + transport. I got more out of it than just Maiden but had they not been there I wouldn't have gone at all. Cheapest Maiden gig I've been to was £60 at the Metro arena in Newcastle... next most expensive non-Maiden/non-festival gig is probably £40 for Alice Cooper+Motorhead+Joan Jett at the M.E.N...

... So I would say Maiden are ALWAYS expensive.

Black Wizard --the face value of the 2011 Glasgow SECC tickets was £37.50 I think. You paid over £40 with booking fees & credit card charges I'd suggest. Aye/naw? :p

I agree with Crimson Idol though. I don't have a problem with the price, but let's not pretend Maiden are particularly cheap. As I just said, Maiden played the Glasgow SECC on TFF tour in 2011 & charged £37.50. My partner just saw (a year or so later) someone at the same venue for £25. They both sold out, so what's the difference?

Perhaps, but it was me paying for the 2011 show and not my Dad like in 2006 no it felt a hell of a lot more expensive!

And on the venue-specific price discrepancies, could this be due to Maiden's stage costing more in terms of power requirements and logistics?

I don't really think so. I suppose all these different bands all have genuinely different management fees etc --but we're talking 50% more in individual ticket prices. This adds up to a whole lot more money when you scale up.

I suppose they do have three guitarists! :p

Rush prices for this year were crazy, so I didn't go, even though I was tempted on the day when I found out tickets were still available.

In 2011 I decided it was worth it because I might never see them again. If I ever have my own money to spend and they are still touring then I would think about going again.

Yes, that was my (rather morbid) motivation for seeing them in '11; I'm hoping that their experience doing a festival in Sweden, mixed with Alex's recent statement that there'll be a R40 tour next year, will see them play Download in '14...

My motivation for seeing Maiden again is because I didn't enjoy their Download performance (because of the sound etc), so the ticket price does stick in my craw a little. But it's Maiden, it should be fantastic, and I won't need to buy a t-shirt!

Back