Maiden Albums: Head to Head

Vote for your favourite song from each pair

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
New Frontier is way more complex.
:facepalm:

The Fugitive is just too complex and proggy for all you normies.

All joking aside I honestly think The Fugitive is the 3rd best on FOTD, just behind ATSS and the title track.

Last edited:
Yep. A lot of the people keep joking here (hence the New Frontier votes).

The Fugitive is the 2nd best from the album for me.

Indeed the biggest bullshit I have seen in a while here.
giphy.gif

Four people voting for 'Childhoods End' over 'Dance of Death' is sheer lunacy.

Be Quick or Be Dead vs Wildest Dreams
From Here to Eternity vs Rainmaker
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
vs No More Lies
Fear is the Key vs Montsegur
Childhood's End vs Dance of Death
Wasting Love vs Gates of Tomorrow
The Fugitive
vs New Frontier
Chains of Misery vs Paschendale
Judas Be My Guide
vs Face in the Sand
Weekend Warrior vs Age of Innocence
Fear of the Dark vs Journeyman

4-7 - Dance of Death wins

Went into this thinking it could go either way, but in the end the only tough choice was The Fugitive vs New Frontier. A year or so ago I would've went with the latter, but the former has grown on me recently.

New Frontier may not be perfect, but it’s a very fun song and I’m glad people are voting for it. The Fugitive is a little better but it isn’t perfect itself.

6-5 Dance of Death

My 2 least favourite Maiden albums here. My votes for Strangers, New Frontier and Judas My Guide could easily have gone the other way. I find both Strangers and No More Lies a bit annoying and a tad boring. The latter stages of Strangers is good stuff but the start annoys me enough to ruin the song and No More Lies, while ok, is just far too long and repetitive.
So many of the songs on these albums suffer from Good Part/Bad Part Syndrome. New Frontier; good chorus, awful verse. I don't mind the chorus and solos of The Fugitive but the rest is muck. Gates of Tomorrow, same. Even Fear is The Key ends well. Age of Innocence is probably my least favourite Maiden song but even it's chorus isn't too bad but my god I hate the verses and the breakdown bit. Terrible song.
The one that stumped me was Judas/Face in The Sand. Big fan of both songs.

Back