Maiden’s political silence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be cool if he was real

From Wikipedia:

military.com stated that ""The Ghost of Kyiv," ... is almost certainly a myth, albeit an incredibly useful one as Ukraine tries to rally its citizens to resist Russian conquest".[18] Newsweek wrote that "The "Ghost of Kyiv" is very likely not real, but instead an imaginary hero designed to bolster Ukrainians' morale in the face of the Russian invasion ... There is zero evidence the "Ghost of Kyiv" exists with Ukrainian authorities not confirming their existence"

Last edited:
Ah those bastards got me, I never thought someone would go online and tell lies. I'll have to have credible fact checkers (CNN, Non Protestants, etc) verify my info from now on.

Iron Maiden should write a song about this guy, legendary.

WIKIMEDIA_2.png
Zoom in on his face and you’ll see it’s an obvious fake. :bigsmile:

Unfortunately stupidity knows no geographic boundaries. I've seen plenty of people in the western world deny the very existence of any sort of war, tacitly or even outwardly support it, or declare it something we should ignore because "it doesn't concern us, who cares about Ukrainians". Look at one of the comments on the video above and you'll find a guy essentially implying the whole war is a hoax by the "main stream media". To the video creator, who fucking lives in Ukraine.
I don't care about this war because it's another war (and I know how the humans horribly love to create conflicts, wars, kill other people, these evil habits will never stop unfortunately). What pisses me off is that most of the fans wait for a statement that will never be posted on band's social medias, because as I've written before, the band has already said what it think about wars, ALL the wars. Why this one would be so special for the band to comment about wars once again ? All that Steve thinks about wars are in his songs. The same is for Bruce. In their lyrics. 'Senjutsu' contains "Hell On Earth". That's a clear comment by Steve about the situation in this world. And this song resumes all, including this fucking war in Ukraine. That was created by the governments of Russia, Ukraine and the USA. You should have listened to what a real expert on this have said in France. His name is Eric Dénecé. He is the president of the french institute of research about intelligency. He talked about this war on all TV channels in France, including LCI and France Info. He is not a conspirationnist, but all the governments that are taking parts in this war are all guilty. Russia because it invades Ukraines and did kill hundreds of people. Ukraine because it killed thousand of people in Donbass since 2014 and because Zelensky works with Hunter Biden through front companies (shell corporations) for money laundering after doing some various frauds (it can be easily verified on serious informations non-conspirationist websites on the internet). All these informations has been revealed by Eric Dénecé on french TV.

And thank you in advance for not calling me stupid. That's not fair. I've never treated all of you like that.

How often can you make this post, @TheMercenary ? You seem to have some obsession with this topic yourself that you just can't let go although you have said these things at least half a dozen times in this thread, you seem to have to rub it in everyone's faces again and again. We. Fucking. Get. It.

You're literally more pissed off about musicians showing human decency than the slaughter of other human beings. Amazing stuff.
I didn't say so. I'm just pissed off because all the humans has the obsessive need to comment all the informations that are coming to them and give their opinion, exactly as the pseudo-experts on Facebook or Twitter who are always commenting about something than doing something really useful for the people in Ukraine as sending food or medical stuff...

How often can you make this post, @TheMercenary ? You seem to have some obsession with this topic yourself that you just can't let go although you have said these things at least half a dozen times in this thread, you seem to have to rub it in everyone's faces again and again. We. Fucking. Get. It.
But what you don't seem to fucking get it is that if Maiden doesn't feel the need to make a comment about this damned war in Ukraine, it is the band's right to not comment about it. Because there is nothing to say and its statement won't help dying people or ukrainians who have been hurt in this terrible and very sad war. The things that people can do are to help people by sending food and medical stuff. Maybe (and I'm sure of that) Maiden has sent food, money and medical stuff in Ukraine. The band has no need to comment what it does in private. And no word will stop the war. Only strong efforts will stop this war. And this only can come from russian people (who can stop Putin). And I'm praying for that.

Just wanted to add that this topic has nothing to do in this section about band's music. But in the general topics section.

But what you don't seem to fucking get it is that if Maiden doesn't feel the need to make a comment about this damned war in Ukraine, it is the band's right to not comment about it.

Have you even read my posts about this subject in this thread? Stop assuming what I'm saying and just fucking read it!

All that Steve thinks about wars are in his songs. The same is for Bruce. In their lyrics. 'Senjutsu' contains "Hell On Earth". That's a clear comment by Steve about the situation in this world. And this song resumes all, including this fucking war in Ukraine. That was created by the governments of Russia, Ukraine and the USA. You should have listened to what a real expert on this have said in France. His name is Eric Dénecé. He is the president of the french institute of research about intelligency. He talked about this war on all TV channels in France, including LCI and France Info. He is not a conspirationnist, but all the governments that are taking parts in this war are all guilty. Russia because it invades Ukraines and did kill hundreds of people. Ukraine because it killed thousand of people in Donbass since 2014 and because Zelensky works with Hunter Biden through front companies (shell corporations) for money laundering after doing some various frauds (it can be easily verified on serious informations non-conspirationist websites on the internet). All these informations has been revealed by Eric Dénecé on french TV.

And thank you in advance for not calling me stupid. That's not fair. I've never treated all of you like that.
You are very wrong. This war was started only by russia, which illegitimate president pursues his wet dreams about russian empire. In 2014 russia did create Donbas and Crimea problem themselves. If there was no invasion in 2014, there would be no killed people in Donbas. Your whole opinion is very russia friendly and as we call it in Lithuania 'useful idiots'. As I see, you and your expert, have no real understanding what is current russia's regime all about and how to deal with this country. Goodbye, ignorant lady.
I don't want to offend you, i want you to wake up. russian army tortures, rapes and kills civillian people. And they call themselves 'liberators', for f* sake.

Last edited:
You are very wrong. This war was started only by russia, which illegitimate president pursues his wet dreams about russian empire. In 2014 russia did create Donbas and Crimea problem themselves. If there was no invasion in 2014, there would be no killed people in Donbas. Your whole opinion is very russia friendly and as we call it in Lithuania 'useful idiots'. As I see, you and your expert, have no real understanding what is current russia's regime all about and how to deal with this country. Goodbye, ignorant lady.
d106aa756c0a373b575582ca03105566--inspring-quotes-colorful-quotes.jpg
@TheMercenary opinion is as valid as yours. You can disagree but there's no reason to insult anybody here please.

Just wanted to say that I'm absolutely not pro-Putin. I'm pro-Peace. I'm for the people, not for the dictators, no matter where they come from. I'm not for the wars either.
I don't want to agitate, but listen to yourself.. War is happening already. People are dying, yet you are very disturbed by others wanting official statement from Maiden. In current situation 'pro-Peace' means only active citizen position. There is no room for philosophical or conspiracy driven reflections. Black is black, white is white.

I see some people being disappointed with Maiden’s silence regarding Russia invasion to Ukraine.
My understanding of Maiden is that this silence didn’t just happened, it’s designed. And I’m not the least surprised or expected otherwise now or in other cases in the past. To be clear I mean them being contemporary and specific.
The way they probably see it is that they are running a business and it’s a business decision to not taking sides.
And they have been following this, all the way up to now.

Though there were some exceptions. Eddie killing Thatcher was quite political. And quite early.
Songwriting wise there were a few lukewarm attempts like Mother Russia, Be Quick or Be Dead (due to the single’s cover) & Afraid to Shoot Strangers. In my opinion the latter is their closest ever of taking sides. All three mentioned from the same period. And I can’t think anything else from the top of my head.

Nevertheless, I may be wrong in my assumptions and there may be some other cases that indicate otherwise, so I am starting this thread to shed some more light into this.

Why would the join the circus? What if they have a nuanced approach? When you express a nuanced point of view you're immediately labelled, regardless of what you say and how you express it. Also, there are six musicians in the band. There is Rod too. Who's opinion do you want to know? Each one individually? Or do you expect everyone to be in agreement? I'm in a band. There's three of us. We don't have the same analysis of what has been going on in the Ukraine since 2014. It's not that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back