Maiden’s political silence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of those fans support Putin. Russians for many years did nothing to change course of the country. Russian imperialism, etc. So, yes, I am really glad, that those fans will be punished. Man, your thinking is utterly primitive. Nation is responsible for the actions of it's president. Period. Look back what happened to german nation after 2 world war.

Don't feed the troll.

I can't believe that you're all still debating about this silence which isn't one... :facepalm:

1) Maiden has always criticized all the wars around the globe in their songs and videos, especially in the 90's with tracks like "Afraid To Shoot Strangers", "The Aftermath", "Edge Of Darkness", etc... And also in the post-reunion era with "The Longest Day", "Brighter Than A Thousand Suns", "For The Greater Good Of God", "Hell On Earth"...

2) Maiden have also criticized all the politicians in "Two Minutes To Midnight" and "Public Enema Number One" who lie to save their skins and are the ones who start the wars...

3) The new 'X Factor' album incarnated by 'Senjutsu' is explicit about the situation on this planet with "Hell On Earth" and "Lost In The Lost World"...

4) On the Rock In Rio show in 2001, Bruce is introducing the song "Blood Brothers" with some nice words to all the fans everywhere in the world, including Russian and Ukrainian fans, who are real blood brothers considering their common history...

5) You should also remember that Maiden suffered a lot from medias criticism in the 90's and they don't want to be criticized no more, because it was really painful for them...

6) Maiden also criticized the soviet union and their leaders in the song "Mother Russia"... If they did so then, it means that they still have the same point of view on Putin and the current events in Ukraine, because is acting like a soviet union politician...

7) Last but not least, you should respect each others and not be divided because of a justified lack of reaction by our favorite band, whose pacifist positions were clearly announced throughout its career.

Peace & Love from Eddie :D

5f79534a28b98f1361abcbb5e6b638a2.jpeg

Last edited:
Metallica have pledged to donate a million dollars to help Ukrainian refugees.

So much better than a statement. A great move in every aspect.

I can't believe that you're all still debating about this silence which isn't one... :facepalm:

1) Maiden has always criticized all the wars around the globe in their songs and videos, especially in the 90's with tracks like "Afraid To Shoot Strangers", "The Aftermath", "Edge Of Darkness", etc... And also in the post-reunion era with "The Longest Day", "Brighter Than A Thousand Suns", "For The Greater Good Of God", "Hell On Earth"...

2) Maiden have also criticized all the politicians in "Two Minutes To Midnight" and "Public Enema Number One" who lie to save their skins and are the ones who start the wars...

Sure, but the whole point is to be contemporary and specific. Only a few times Maiden have been this way:

1. Eddie killing Thatcher
2. Mother Russia
3. Eddie killing Maxwell (as he was dead already, they "axed a fallen oak")
4. Afraid to shoot strangers

Sure, but the whole point is to be contemporary and specific. Only a few times Maiden have been this way:

1. Eddie killing Thatcher
2. Mother Russia
3. Eddie killing Maxwell (as he was dead already, they "axed a fallen oak")
4. Afraid to shoot strangers
Yeah, OK. But, do they have to comment each war, each conflict, each pandemic, each time when someone is going to poo in his/her bathroom ?

Well obviously not. Only two things:

1. I don't judge them, see my initial post below. I wanted to shed more light to any other political songs /occasions of them being political and the reasons why they did apply this silence now (and always).
2. This is not just any conflict.
3. COVID is not just any pandemic, too. ;)

I see some people being disappointed with Maiden’s silence regarding Russia invasion to Ukraine.
My understanding of Maiden is that this silence didn’t just happened, it’s designed. And I’m not the least surprised or expected otherwise now or in other cases in the past. To be clear I mean them being contemporary and specific.
The way they probably see it is that they are running a business and it’s a business decision to not taking sides.
And they have been following this, all the way up to now.

Though there were some exceptions. Eddie killing Thatcher was quite political. And quite early.
Songwriting wise there were a few lukewarm attempts like Mother Russia, Be Quick or Be Dead (due to the single’s cover) & Afraid to Shoot Strangers. In my opinion the latter is their closest ever of taking sides. All three mentioned from the same period. And I can’t think anything else from the top of my head.

Nevertheless, I may be wrong in my assumptions and there may be some other cases that indicate otherwise, so I am starting this thread to shed some more light into this.

PS: If you read my other posts in this thread, you'll see I'm perfectly fine with them not doing any statements. This is their signature, their stance, the design of their business model and it's 40+ years old.
Metallica on the other hand they have a more up to date management and approach, something I commented about in this Forum lately. Thus they did something that looks bold, original and refreshing. I'd like Maiden doing something similar, but no way I expected it or being disappointed by it.

I don't give a shit about Maiden's opinion on war in Ukraine, because I want Maiden only to talk about music, to do new songs and release an 18th album soon after the LOTB and Senjutsu tours. That's all. As I don't care about other musicians opinions on this conflict, because I want them only to do some new music as well. The last Gamma Ray's album, for example, has been released in 2014. Eight years ago !! I don't want Dirk to give his view on a war, I want him to work on some new material, this is his job !

I don't give a shit about Maiden's opinion on war in Ukraine, because I want Maiden only to talk about music, to do new songs and release an 18th album soon after the LOTB and Senjutsu tours. That's all. As I don't care about other musicians opinions on this conflict, because I want them only to do some new music as well. The last Gamma Ray's album, for example, has been released in 2014. Eight years ago !! I don't want Dirk to give his view on a war, I want him to work on some new material, this is his job !

Yeah, we get it. You said this many times in this thread already.

Yeah, we get it. You said this many times in this thread already.
So, it really pisses me off when I see musician as the ones in the video above talking about this war almost two months after it began... That's ridiculous and nobody gives a shit on Dennis Stratton's opinion, me especially, as he was criticizing Maiden after he was fired...

For the fact that you don't give a shit about those opinions, you're talking quite a lot about them. Is there something in this that offends you so much that you feel compelled to say that you don't want to hear it every time someone says something?

For the fact that you don't give a shit about those opinions, you're talking quite a lot about them. Is there something in this that offends you so much that you feel compelled to say that you don't want to hear it every time someone says something?
What offends is that you all think that it's really important to get Maiden's opinion about this war. But, you should all know that Maiden doesn't have to comment about it because you all know very well that Maiden is an anti-war band. Maiden already told it a lot of times in its songs during its career... And you still need to have an answer about the situation in Ukraine by Maiden. That's a complete non-sense as the songs Maiden have done are talking by themselves about Maiden's opinion about wars, violence, human madness... But many of Maiden fans are still insisting about a comment from their favorite band, as if they needed to validate the band or their love for the band to continue listening to them... That's an unhealthy compulsive obsession... That's the same about Maiden posting a podcast about corrida that was the topic of the last Schizo Expresso's stream. I hate corrida, bullfighters and all the people who made animals suffer (I'm vegan), but I don't need Maiden to make a comment on why they shared this podcast on their social medias, because I'm able to separate the artists that are Maiden's members from the individuals that they are too. If Bruce likes corrida (which I think he does not, he just wanted to understand the motivations of a bullfighter to commit crimes against innocent bulls), it's his problem. But I won't stop listening what he's doing musically on his albums or collaborations with other musicians. Because his karma will catch up with him someday if he's really an aficionado. If he supports bullfighting, I will like him less or not at all anymore. But not his music. That's the same thing with Maiden : I won't stop listening to their albums because they don't give their opinions about the war in Ukraine. Just because they don't give their opinion on this topical issue doesn't mean they're not against this war in Ukraine or against Putin...

What offends is that you all think that it's really important to get Maiden's opinion about this war.

Since "you all" includes me, I urge you to read my statements in this thread again carefully. Nothing of what you said applies to what I said. You're clearly and obviously projecting something you think are other people's opinions into all this without actually engaging with them, and then get upset about it.

Let me guess, he's either from russia, or some Balkan country..
Unfortunately stupidity knows no geographic boundaries. I've seen plenty of people in the western world deny the very existence of any sort of war, tacitly or even outwardly support it, or declare it something we should ignore because "it doesn't concern us, who cares about Ukrainians". Look at one of the comments on the video above and you'll find a guy essentially implying the whole war is a hoax by the "main stream media". To the video creator, who fucking lives in Ukraine.

So, it really pisses me off when I see musician as the ones in the video above talking about this war almost two months after it began... That's ridiculous and nobody gives a shit on Dennis Stratton's opinion, me especially, as he was criticizing Maiden after he was fired...
You're literally more pissed off about musicians showing human decency than the slaughter of other human beings. Amazing stuff.

Iron Maiden should write a song about this guy, legendary.

WIKIMEDIA_2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back