Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)

How good is Losfer Words (Big 'Orra) on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Too late ;)

I think next year or so, there will be another chance to edit grades, and vote again. Then you can post it, when the time comes.

Vap said:
Oh yeah, Ides of March is an instrumental too. Genghis Khan? I already forget what I said about that. I'll go to do some correcting, thanks for the heads up.

Oh, and I don't even have all Maiden albums. Only 3 studio albums at the time (Killers, SIT, TFF). Maybe I shouldn't go call things my favorite before listening to all tracks ;)
Get Piece next.  :)

I already did. Yesterday I bought Piece, Powerslave, X Factor and Brave New World.

That's interesting that you got X Factor before NOTB. (not that NOTB is better)

7. It's not a bad song, but i consider it as one of the four fillers of Fillerslave. Why? It just feels like that way. Too forced - like let's do an instrumental, we haven't done it for two albums, it's played good but the ingredient X for great feeling is missing badly.

7/10

I enjoy Maiden's instrumental playing a lot, but this track somehow seems a little forced; it feels like it needs some singing on it to provide context. If they'd had more time maybe bits of it could have been used in other songs, where they might have worked better. This seems like ideas left on the cutting room floor, and the ending is noticeably perfunctory.

Having said that, there are some pretty good riffs here, and I enjoy listening to this from time to time. It's just a pity there's no vocals on it, unless you count this:

"...And there's no fuckin' singer on it. Bollocks! Right, 'Losfer Words', here we go..." etc.

czgibson said:
"...And there's no fuckin' singer on it. Bollocks! Right, 'Losfer Words', here we go..." etc.
? Is this a quote from a band member?

LooseCannon said:
Either Nicko or (unlikely) Steve, sight unseen.

It's clearly Bruce; have a listen to the link.

Please forgive my lame attempt at humour. I assumed you guys would know straight away what I was referring to.

I was guessing based on the text, and don't worry, I'm sure most people got it.

czgibson said:
It's clearly Bruce; have a listen to the link.

Please forgive my lame attempt at humour. I assumed you guys would know straight away what I was referring to.
I had never seen it before, and my copy of LAD doesn't have it.  :uhm:

Batman said:
I had never seen it before, and my copy of LAD doesn't have it.  :uhm:

It was a B-side on 'Run To The Hills (Live)', which was released as a single around the same time as Live After Death. It is available on the 1995 CD reissue of that album, which also includes live versions of 'Sanctuary' and 'Murders In The Rue Morgue'.

It was on the original cassette (and possibly vinyl as well) release of LAD. But it was re-issued on CD format on First Ten Years Vol VII. Not sure about any CD version of LAD.

The original CD was only a single CD and had only the LA show.

Batman said:
what reissue do I have then?!?

The 1998. I still find it a better release than the 1995 because it has the unedited version of the original LAD double LP release, and includes a second CD with the tracks that were previously missing. The 1995 release was not remastered.

Back