Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

How understandable? Care to explain?
Well, dunno. They didn't want the classic songs to sound different? Or to change their style like Priest did with Ripper, although it wasn't necessary for them. That's the only logical explanation I can think of. Janick admitted that they made a mistake with that (in an interview from 2010, iirc).

Mistake that they didn't downtune or hiring Blaze at all?
About the downtuning. Here's the interview (the last question):

Some curious bits:

The sea shanty intro of ''The Talisman'' was Janick's idea.
Sometimes a strong idea or song isn't used because of the common strong ideas from everyone.
His favorite live song is ''Hallowed Be Thy Name''.
About the setlist, he said that Bruce should ''be able'' to sing some of the songs because there are some very difficult songs (like Talisman), which probably explains the absence of ''Starblind'' from TFF tour.
Gillan has always been one of his favorite singers. As for bands: Purple, Zeppelin and Black Sabbath.
He knows Bruce since 1980 and played ''All The Young Dudes'' with him and Nicko (with Marillion) for one gig at Wembley - probably around 1989.
The original title of Maiden's 1990 hit single was probably ''Take Your Daughter... To The Slaughter''.
He got along really well with Blaze.
He didn't think he would fit into Maiden. I'm surprised by this.

It's really curious how he was always in bands with one guitar and then went to two and three. :)

I just overheard two old geezers discussing old times and talked about a guy who "died back in '21". I haven't heard that phrase in a while, quite a while.

How did it go?

It seemed to go alright, answers to their questions came pretty easily but I feel like I could've and should've said more, though I also didn't want to ramble on or just talk for the sake of talking. I don't think I said anything wrong at least, or come across too badly. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

It's all been a bit random. I went for the job in 2021, interviewed for it, was told my feedback was good but the company was having some changes in their higher staff so my application would be put on the back burner. I got told that twice over the course of a month, then never heard anything again. Then I got a call from a recruitment agency the week before last to say the position was open again, would I like to go for it. It felt like a second chance, it's still a great opportunity and I've got nothing to lose so I accepted.

It seemed to go alright, answers to their questions came pretty easily but I feel like I could've and should've said more, though I also didn't want to ramble on or just talk for the sake of talking. I don't think I said anything wrong at least, or come across too badly. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

It's all been a bit random. I went for the job in 2021, interviewed for it, was told my feedback was good but the company was having some changes in their higher staff so my application would be put on the back burner. I got told that twice over the course of a month, then never heard anything again. Then I got a call from a recruitment agency the week before last to say the position was open again, would I like to go for it. It felt like a second chance, it's still a great opportunity and I've got nothing to lose so I accepted.

Good luck, mate. I hope you'll end up at a place that is good for you and good to you. :cheers:

Votes appreciated:

Back